It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution happens from "random mutations". radiation causes random mutations.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Radiation is God

just like everything else.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nice thread. Anything else? Or just that haha?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

why should it be up to me? i just had an idea and shared it, you said it was nice, say something else, ADD SOMETHING.
this is a DISCUSSION board, im not writing a novel.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Theres not much to discuss...we dont usually take kindly to minimal OP's...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Yous a lame!
Seems like you need to lay off the hookah

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Maybe we should at least read "on the orgins of species" before we claim that evolution is all random.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Smells like summer to me...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Mutations are random, well, they can be manmade, but for the most part they are random.

Radiation is not the only mutagen (mutation causing substance) or mutagenic pathogen around. Mutations can also be caused by toxins, altered behavior, overuse of sex organs, etc. The only mutations that matter in an evolutionary sense are those that occur within ovum and sperm.

Evolution is simply the process seen in the fossil record of the mutations that were most beneficial to the species within a certain ecosystem. What happens over time as these mutations occur is
Some mutations can harm the individual causing death or disfigurement that prevents mating.
Some cause infertility, very common.
Then there are those that occur and are passed and the offspring with this mutation will have a better chance of survival in said environment, this gives the individual the ability to live longer and mate more often, over time The change becomes prominent if the environment allows.

Keep in mind also that evolution does not occur in an individual, mutations do. Evolution is the collective alteration of an entire species over time.
edit on 21-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
all smells like bs.. im not believing we came from evolution... none of the # makes sense

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
Theres not much to discuss...we dont usually take kindly to minimal OP's...

lol.

"we"

if you have nothing to add, why are you here?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cib2010
Maybe we should at least read "on the orgins of species" before we claim that evolution is all random.

maybe "we" should do a great many things before "we" are allowed to form any opinions at all, perhaps "we" are subconsciously sabotaging ourselves with fear of what others might say about our ignorant opinions, because "we" attach too much of our own fragile ego and self worth to those words.

i would prefer if "we" could all just get the hell over ourselves and have an actual discussion, without "we" always having to devolve into a pissing contest.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

yeah, i know, thats what i said.

but the thread is really about radiation being "good" for the survival of life.. its one of the factors that drives life forward at the same time it destroys it.

maybe its too simple for everyone else, but its amazing to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

i guess it depends on your perspective

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Sorry, maybe I didn't quite pick up your conspiracy take on this topic? Radiation or evolution is the conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

blind acceptance is ignorance
blind acceptance is what our society is built on

ignorance of the obvious is the conspiracy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is AboveTopSecret, I think you're looking for highdeas.com

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Finally you make it more obvious.

Okay so you don't believe in evolution. Know thy enemy and try to use the tools which they recognize to make your case. Have you seen some of the threads on here on the same topic? Have you seen how much research they actually put into their topic and try to prove their point? Seriously put a bit more effort into your post and make it something more then a bunch of posters doing exactly what you apparently didn't want...a pissing contest.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Like I said "origins of species" read it.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Cib2010 because: incompatibilities

edit on 21-8-2011 by Cib2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
How can radiation be God!!!!

radiation on this planet (on the levels it is at on this planet) is only created by us humans on this planet. Radiation causes cancer which is the mutation you speak of, the never ending division of cells.
Not some evolutionary feat.

otherwise with the amount of radiation we've got going for us at the moment, we should all be bending time like "Hiro Nakumoura" .

Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
In a few short months and years we should begin to see the mutations from fukushima, and I'm sure it won't be for the better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join