It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury was destroyed!! I kid you not...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

You mean Phage
the disinfo agent.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

wow dude...nice animated gif you got there

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Naptown317

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

How could it even crash into venus?? The orbit of mercury is nowhere near venus...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
hahahahahaha

what has ATS lowered too?

the craziest thread i have EVER seen on here

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
If this is true im concerned. Posting so I can keep up with what everyones opinions are. Im just an average person with no SOHO or astronomy experience (:

You don't need any astronomy experience whatsover. Just remember there are quite literally hundreds of thousands of astronomers worldwide. If Mercury had blown up it would have been noticed!

Logic kills most of these "wacky" assumption threads. It's ignorance that gives them more airspace than they deserve.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Hi Ghost! Good of you to do follow-up research and get back to us with a self-correction.

For my part, as soon as I saw the April date in the OP I thought to myself, "I'll bet an amateur astronomer has photographed Mercury since then - but when?" I pulled-up a dandy bit of freeware called "Stellarium" which is available for download here and located the plotted position of Mercury. Knowing that a conjunction with another planet would be more likely to be photographed, I ran the simulation back and found a nice conjunction with Venus, Jupiter & Mars from last May.

Armed with a date, I did a Google Image Search for "planet conjunction May 2011" and came up with several lovely photos that showed Mercury right where it should be. Here is one from May 13th taken in New Zealand (I think):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f61b09a743e8.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19-8-2011 by Saint Exupery because: I added the date of the photo (Does anyone even read these?)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
OOOK, new thread;

Planet Earth was destroyed!! I kid you not....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by EarlyDurban
So what you are saying is this occurred in April and this is the first anyone has heard about it (publicly)? Don't you think some amateur astronomer somewhere would have noticed this event between April and now?

Mercury is very close to the Sun. It's rather difficult to see without a telescope that NASA has..
And it looks as if NASA edited the footage rather quickly.

This is not true. Mercury can be seen by amateur telescopes just fine -- it's just that you need to look just before sunrise or just after sunset along the horizon. I think right now (at this point in its orbit) it is visible just before sunrise.

Actually, you often don't even need a telescope to see Mercury -- it's one of the "naked eye planets". However, at the moment it may be easier to see through a telescope, but not impossible with the naked eye.

I don't know who told you that you probably need NASA telescopes to see Mercury, but they were very wrong.

edit on 8/19/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Mmm. Lost a planet, someone has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here's Mercury watching a brutal solar ejection in front row, last June 2011.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

From SOHO website.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

What is REALLY embarassing in the number of flags for this...how hilarious..."Oh, honey, it says here on ATS Mercury blew up! Oh, you are waiting for me for dinner? Ok. Let me just FLAG this so I can read about Mercury exploding later in the day."

CJ

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

What's even more interesting is that I too saw flashes in the sky last night. From 10:30pm until around midnight, I saw a total of 4 "Explosions of Light." The first when I saw even with the blinds and curtains closed, so I was like, what the...?

Then I saw the 2nd one and I ruled out headlights, lightning and distant fireworks.

The 3rd one comes and I realize it's coming from above, with no sound whatsoever. It wasn't like lightning where you usually see a bolt. It was kinda like they were shining a very powerful flashlight from the ISS down at us, lol.

I don't know what it was, but it did come from above and was quite intense.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Watch it on C2 its seem to be there but the Sun charges it up as you can see it gets brighter...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineIntervention

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by baddmove

Yes, but that doesn't explain why it isn't on SOHO right now, or rather in the past few days.
I know for a fact Mercury is supposed to be in line with Earth the sun and Venus right now...So we should be able to see it go through the video in the days preceding today...specifically August 13th like the schedule says...
It doesn't ever appear...

Plus, isn't it possible NASA was forced to edit the footage? I mean they clearly took one of the days out..why couldn't they just copy and paste Mercury's image there?

NASA has a reputation of being horrible at photo shopping.

NASA can send a spacecraft to Pluto..land several on mars, land men on the moon, but can't figure out photoshop? Err..I can't square that circle.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by heineken

No way man! I thought I saw a flash in the sky last night! It MUST be what I saw! Cool! Mercury blew up!

CJ

Oh my. I saw something in the Colorado sky last night too!! It looked like a white, sizzly flash that came down from the sky. It was bright, then dimmed out and flared up again for a second before it went out completely.

It almost looked like a firework (this may be what it was) but my friend and I didnt think so. Something was off a little.

What'd you see Jen?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I get it! I finally get it.

Thank you OP for finally clearing this up for me, it's been bothering me for awhile. no, not mercury being destroyed, that's just plain retarded.

All these ridiculous, and easily dis-proven, threads. That's what has been bothering me.

"There are two suns!"
"The sun did NOT rise at the right time!"
"The moon is gone!"
"There's something giant behind the moon"
"Mercury was destroyed!"

I get it. It's all about making up the most ludicrous, retarded, out there theory, and seeing how many gullible idiots at ATS will actually believe you.

I get it, ATS is being "Punk'd" (tm).
edit on 19-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Ok just saw another poster comment about this. I"m makin my own thread about it.

"Aug 18th 2011, What was in the sky?"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
I get it! I finally get it.

Thank you OP for finally clearing this up for me, it's been bothering me for awhile. no, not mercury being destroyed, that's just plain retarded.

All these ridiculous, and easily dis-proven, threads. That's what has been bothering me.

"There are two suns!"
"The sun did NOT rise at the right time!"
"The moon is gone!"
"There's something giant behind the moon"
"Mercury was destroyed!"

I get it. It's all about making up the most ludicrous, retarded, out there theory, and seeing how many gullible idiots at ATS will actually believe you.

I get it, ATS is being "Punk'd" (tm).
edit on 19-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Hey hey hey! It does make for some entertaining toilet reading on the old iPad..

I wonder how many people read what they write on these sort of boards..it's a little silly.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

www.godlikeproductions.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">LINK

I googled "planet mercury missing" and ended up in the godlikeproductions forum reading about a guy who was told by an alien (in april of '09) that the planet mercury will soon be gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join