It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first African American President,yet no leadership.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First off let me start by stating that I do not want this to become a thread full of racial hatred.However I do believe this needs to be discussed rationally.So hopefully I will not be flamed and called a racist for starting this thread, as I am not,and do not condone hatred based on race.

In 2008 the U.S. elected it's first African American president,I think that is something we can all be proud of, wether you agree with the Obama's policies or not.I like many americans did not vote for Obama,and want him out of office as soon as possible.However my political beliefs are not the point of this thread.

My question is where is Obama's leadership within the black community?
I do understand that the man is the president of the United States,not head of the NAACP,or just "president" of the black community.However it is no secret that many in the black community in this country are suffering from many hardships.Many americans of many races are suffering,not just african americans,however this man is the "leader of the free world" and he needs to show more leadership within the black community.

For example...
The attacks at the state fair in Wisconsin,it seems that those attacks were unprovoked racially inspired violence of some within the black community,towards mostly white folks.
The flash mobs in Chicago,Philadelphia,and other places,which have at resulted in violence.The flash mobs have consisted of mainly young black folks,and the violence has mostly been directed towards white people.
I just wanted to cite those examples,not to single out african americans,as racism is alive in all forms from all races.
My question is, why has Obama those most powerful and possibly most influential african american on the planet been silent on these issues? He would gain a lot of respect from many people of many races,if he were to come out and speak against this racial violence perpetuated by some of the black folks in this country.

It is my opinion that the racial divide in this country is growing deeper and deeper.There will always be racism, however I think our first black president could be very influentail in easing some of the racial tension in this country with just a little bit of effort.His words could help many young people in developing their views of other races, being a man of such power and influence,combined with the fact the he himself has broken a huge barrier in terms of true racial equality.

He could truly be a great leader of the black community if he were to speak plainly and truthfully about some of the issues in the black community.Instead he sits on the sidelines and allows people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to continue to flame the racial fires of this country with their propoganda.I will not even delve into his connection to a certain reverend.

Possibly with all that is wrong with this country the president and his people feel that it would be inconsequential for him to address such issues.I strongly disagree,he could help to bring people together if he would address the racial tension in this country,that is if he spoke of this issues truthfully and not politically.Obama cannot end racism, or the problems of the black community,yet he could certainly help ease the tension,especially to younger generations.Instead he seems to allow the continuation of victimization,and class warfare which only perpetuates the problem,based on his policies and rhetoric.

We need more african american leaders who speak plainfully like this...

Your thoughts...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
he is half and half...SMH

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

This is not about race even though the OP put the words African American in the title and the post is littered with racial charged content. But it's not about race. Lets be rational people.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hes just a half whit, what did you expect???

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes,I suppose you are correct,however with all the racial tension in this country don't you think he should come foward and condemn it?
Maybe its beneath him with all the other things wrong in this country at the moment,but the flash mob attacks are have been quite prevalent in Chicago,(my home) and Obama claims Chicago as his hometown,should he not say something.
I could be wrong,but given the circumstances of those attacks and the Wisconsin state fair,I think he should speak on the issue.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

It is about race,not racial hatred.That was the point I was trying to make.

I'm sorry if everybody is too sensitive to discuss this issue.The man is the first african american president of this country,racial tension is very bad right now.He could use his influence to try to ease some of the hatred in this country.I live in Chicago,the racial tension is awful,the flash mob attacks and the Wisconsin state fair attacks have many people uneasy.
Our president needs to speak on this issue and show leadership.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 17-8-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: seld edited kind of off topic sorry

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Same argument, different side of the coin. Why should he have been more successful just because he's black? What special super powers does that confer? Those of us who oppose Obama are always dealt the race card. Well for the millionth time, it's not about race; it's about ability to lead.

Obama is no leader. He was plucked from obscurity to become a political superstar, but it takes more to lead a nation than an ability to read from a teleprompter. He's an empty suit, a pretty face, a mouthpiece and nothing more. We'll be well rid of him come 2012.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yes, perhaps your right and I agree he is no leader.I just strongly believe he should come out and condemn the recent racially inspired attacks of violence in this country.I thought that because he was an african american of such high stature that maybe some of the young black people involved and influenced by this recent spike of racial hatred,that maybe his comments would hold more weight.I could be absolutely wrong though.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

Obama is a gutless coward and punk and has no heart. He may be half black but never had any real hood courage therefore he is a wimp. He is afraid of any controversial issues like race and will only confront them if forced to. So don’t expect any real leadership from him because he doesn’t have the intestinal fortitude and as well is a politician who shuns controversy.

top topics

join