It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Michelle Bachman apparent intelligence: Wishing Elvis a happy birthday today.. the anniversary of his death.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

.....And Ron Paul continues to win.

"I'm trying to change the course of history" Ron Paul on FOX News' America Newsroom 8/16/11

Go Ron....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
those 13 thousand lurkers need to get off the bench and get in the game.

the 4 thousand of us real members cant carry your water forever

edit on 17-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This ATS poll is very telling, either Ron Paul is popular because of what he stands for OR he he is only popular because Conspiracy theorists feel they have a foot in the door of the establishment.

I for one am glad to see this pole in favor of Paul by such a overwhelming amount. Winning is great in and of itself but to win by MEGA TSUNAMI is just spectacular.

I want to role this poll up and swat the face of detractors with it!

"Ron Paul can't win." .......SWAT!!!!....think again morons!

link   
Well it looks like 98% of ATS is going to be dissapointed with the GOP nomination.

I'm just curious...does anyone honestly believe that this poll reflects reality of the GOP nomination race?

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm hoping that this is how the real GOP noination numbers turn out. Ron Paul deserves a chance to do the things he has wanted to do to help this country for the last 30 years. I just wish people knew about him like they knew about and loved Ronald Reagan. Ron Paul just isn't known that well, and the MSM hasn't helped this matter very much.
edit on 8/17/2011 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Michelle Bachman apparent intelligence: Wishing Elvis a happy birthday today.. the anniversary of his death.

aahaha, did she really?

link   
Ron Paul > Ron Jeremy

You can't argue the facts.
edit on 8/17/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

link   
What's up with people supporting Palin for her "electability"? Are some people voting for presidential candidates based on their popularity and charisma now or what?

To the 15% of Bachmann supporters who voted because of her "apparent intelligence", you guys really disappoint me....

I agree with the issues chosen by Ron Paul supporters for the most part, except for his stance on taxes. I just think that the rich should pay more than the poor, that's always seemed like common sense to me.
edit on 17-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
What's up with people supporting Palin for her "electability"? Are some people voting for presidential candidates based on their popularity and charisma now or what?

Short answer: Yes

And this has been going on a good while now.

Principle doesn't mean squat to the media. All they want is people talking.
edit on 8/17/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I sure hope the results of this poll are headed to GOP head quarters!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
edit on 17-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: to edit my post

It happened in the last election, why would this one be any different?

People were so emotional the last go, there were men in tears on television.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Damn SO, you have out done yourself this time with this poll.

82ish percent...

YIKES!

but the most important aspect of this poll were the reasons behind the choices... not the candidate in general.
edit on 8/17/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate I would ever vote for, hopefully he gets the nomination.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Well it looks like 98% of ATS is going to be dissapointed with the GOP nomination.

I'm just curious...does anyone honestly believe that this poll reflects reality of the GOP nomination race?

Yes, it reflects the view of the voters..

What you mean is fraud and media bias may hinder his nomination and election chances...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

No. It just goes to show that the average ATS'er has considered the options, and is telling the GOP which candidate SHOULD get the nomination- if fixing the country were a priority. Obviously, it is not.

One aspect of a Ron Paul Presidency that I don't think many people realize is the support he may be able to get from Congress on many of his proposals, due to sheer tenure- but more importantly, due to sheer common sense and a lifetime in politics. I think he may be able to rally what goodness remains in Congress, if there is any- and potentially unite otherwise opposite forces on some issues.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

...i dont... i think the next prez has already been chosen... not absolutely sure who it is but i got a real bad feeling its rick perry with one of the bubble head dolls... hope i'm wrong...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
LOL

one stat and one stat alone matters here

A virtually nonexistant electabillity result under Ron Paul.

This tells that even his rabid fans know electabillity is his worst trait.

This poll is nothing more than a poll for Ron Paul fans on a board dominated by Ron Paul fans.
The questionaire part is the only telling part of the poll.
People won't care why you are a rabid fan, but will care that you all passed by the choice saying he is electable.

Nice way to shoot yourselves in the foot.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hey, someone tell me about ole Ron. Isnt he the guy that wanted to tank the Fed and put us back on the gold standard? What other radical stances does he take?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
LOL

one stat and one stat alone matters here

A virtually nonexistant electabillity result under Ron Paul.

This tells that even his rabid fans know electabillity is his worst trait.

This poll is nothing more than a poll for Ron Paul fans on a board dominated by Ron Paul fans.
The questionaire part is the only telling part of the poll.
People won't care why you are a rabid fan, but will care that you all passed by the choice saying he is electable.

Nice way to shoot yourselves in the foot.

Actually I think it speaks to the intelligence of Ron Paul voters. We overlooked electability because we don't consider electability the issue that's currently sending our country down the toilet. We don't care about the fake games. We care about REAL issues and REAL problems. I couldn't retard myself to select electability as an important issue, I'm sorry.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join