It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I AM lost

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My username derives from Eastern Wisdom. Confucius describes the superior man in the The Ethics of Confucius. I wrote a book called The Superior Educator. In the book, I describe what it means to use a calm and assertive classroom management style to preserve the dignity of students. The entire book uses the wisdom of Confucius as a platform for what it takes to be a Superior Educator. LINK

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Please enlighten my ignorance ; superiorEd stand for what?

Thank you.
edit on 14-8-2011 by kacou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

Last night after work, I attempted to find some "truer" way of being. I identified every distraction, fought it, and ended it, until finally I was just sitting in the dark of my apartment, staring out the window... then I closed my eyes.. and fell asleep for 18 hours.

lol... and this is not the first time this has happened to me.

I keep reading posts by people who sound so much like me, these people who have awakened to the "truth" of this existence. but they almost always claim to somehow just "know" why they are here, they know their purpose. I do not, so I get the feeling I must not be fully awake yet... so its rather funny that every time I try to wake up I fall asleep.

It seems there are two voices in my head, a light and a dark, positive and negative. and my life is a balance between them. but what the hell should I DO? cant I do anything? am I supposed to discover a point? how can there be a point?

I always just confuse myself... till I fall asleep. lol.

any advice?

Its much simpler than most make it out to be.
Life is seeking.
No seeking is Reality.
People would sit around Adi Da the Avatar and He
would talk to them silently. Often they
would fall asleep.
I sat at the window of my room in great despair,
and a week after reading the KOL and the MOTS
I woke up to the fullness and bliss of consciousness.
Perfect enlightenment,
though only, happens to 1 in a billion.
beezone.com...

"I have written this in the form of autobiography because my own life is perhaps the best instruction I can offer. The mere assertion of understanding is not sufficient to create understanding in the hearer. The hearer must be allowed a creative recognition. Otherwise the symbols wherein his life is trapped will not dissolve. Therefore, I have displayed my life as much as I have had patience and perspective to illustrate it. I hope it has been fruitful for you. But know this. I do not stand for spiritual efforts of any kind. Nor on some middle ground between excess and effort. There is no virtue in the endless reaction to life, nor in the exclusive enjoyment of any effect.....in understanding maintain... radical humor and freedom in the face of divine beings as well as the most disgusting elements of ordinary life" chapter 20 - Knee of Listening

edit on 14-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

Last night after work, I attempted to find some "truer" way of being. I identified every distraction, fought it, and ended it, until finally I was just sitting in the dark of my apartment, staring out the window... then I closed my eyes.. and fell asleep for 18 hours.

lol... and this is not the first time this has happened to me.

I keep reading posts by people who sound so much like me, these people who have awakened to the "truth" of this existence. but they almost always claim to somehow just "know" why they are here, they know their purpose. I do not, so I get the feeling I must not be fully awake yet... so its rather funny that every time I try to wake up I fall asleep.

It seems there are two voices in my head, a light and a dark, positive and negative. and my life is a balance between them. but what the hell should I DO? cant I do anything? am I supposed to discover a point? how can there be a point?

I always just confuse myself... till I fall asleep. lol.

any advice?

Sure, when you can't believe what every "religion" says, crucify them all, and what goodness is left, is the Truth.

Instead of "becoming" polarized as positive or negative, (ultimately, there is only one pole,) accept that polar opposites "cancel-out" and whatever remains is Truth.

Examples: "Stop and smell the roses; and there-in lies eternity." and "Don't concern yourself with the everyday workings of the world, those special moments of synergy, where the sublime meets recognition, is the thread in the tapestry of the secrets of the universe." and "The death of the ego is the birth of an Awakened Life."

I hope this helps....

Many Blessings.

Study how the atom and the solar system are very very similar, depending on the scale you choose, and what's next after the solar system? Is the Universe arranged the same?

Sacred Geometry, PHI (1.186....) Golden Ration 8/5, 5/3, etc....it's all related, depending how well and how much you decide to open your mind...which requires no ego and no bias; but respect of what can or is indeed "being."

It's really up-to you!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have seen the oneness of life.

I have seen the world as love.

I have experienced phenomenal things, and now I too feel somewhat lost.

I think it could be because I am not working at the moment. Whatever you do in life, that is your purpose. If you drive a truck, your purpose in life is to drive a truck. If you don't do anything, you don't have a purpose.

For me, the question is, what do I need for fulfillment. I think the answer is love. Love requires service.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

The next time your mediating or doing your usual routine exercise, just try not to think to much about anything.
Try to relax your mind and body, feel the warmth of the air around your body.

You may feel goosebumps but do not react, it is all natural. When you feel the need to sleep than simply lie down and go to sleep, you may have a lucid dream.

This is the hard part for me...While dreaming, you must realize that your actual dreaming, then try to communicate with your 'higher soul' ask for himher to reveal itself, do not be afraid.

If you are afraid of heights, than know that you may end up flying when necessary...I have and I'm afraid of heights, and I had to fight my phobia...thrilling it was.

You may hear a voice, don't be afraid, your high self will try to communicate with you.

You have to be relaxed, you will meet your higher soul. If you do meat your higher self, do remember that heshe knows exactly what you'll be thinking, it's all telepathic.

You'd be surprised who you see...Don't forget to share your experience with us.

Peace
edit on 15-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I am lost

Well, you’ve come to the wrong place for directions, mate, I can tell you that.

Frankly, it doesn’t sound like there’s anything wrong with you. Enlightenment is a dream dreamed by lazybones and losers. Do your work, harm no-one, love your loved ones and enjoy your free time. That’s all there ever is to anybody’s life.

edit on 15/8/11 by Astyanax because: of lazybones and losers.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Guess its time to stop thinking to much, don't think about the past, don't think about the future, what can you really ever do anyway to change these times, you never know what's just around the corner, meet someone special? travel? have a family, ect ect ect.......... basically what ever floats your boat, and at the end of everyday ask yourself this, 'was today a good day,' if on most of the days you can say yes today was a good day i think you've made it, good luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
18 hours of sleep is a bit extreme, but it's no surprise that meditation relaxed you and you were able to go to sleep. Remember this if you ever suffer from a night of insomnia.

As for knowing your purpose, it's not a physical thing, like what you want to be when you grow up, it's a mental thing, your inner thoughts and mind can only show you a glimpse of your true self beyond your mind, your self can never be objectified by your mind. That Self is the truth, without it you would not be conscious, your life would have no meaning, and you would have no will or actions or individuality.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join