It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange going on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was not sure where to put this so I put it here. As many of you know I work for a newspaper in KY. Well we got a tip that the FBI had confiscated a man's computer here in the county. We followed up with people that were there and have confirmed that the F.B.I. confiscated his computer (It happened in the fire station). Now here's where it starts to get weird. We made a call to the F.B.I. headquarters here, and they said that it wasn't their office and asked if the person left a business card. We told her that we hadn't been able to get a lot of information other than the eyewitnesses that saw the F.B.I. take it.
We then asked if there was another office that may have done it, to which she replied, no we are the only office that covers that county.
Like I said this is somewhat strange, and I'll keep ya informed when I find out more information.
P.S. the F.B.I. tells us that they cannot discuss something if they do not want to tell us anything, they never deny knowing anything about it..

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
FBI impersonators? I know at my local nearby farmers market you can buy FBI hats, jackets, shirts, etc. Maybe it is a scam to get free computers.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
FBI impersonators? I know at my local nearby farmers market you can buy FBI hats, jackets, shirts, etc. Maybe it is a scam to get free computers.

hehehe

Ok we have now confirmed that the local police were there to assist. We have a call in to the Police Chief and Judge Exec. Another weird thing is that I have been unable to locate a warrant.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
hmm that is strange. You should follow up on that to see what you can find out. Do you know why they were taking the guy's computer? If you find any new info post it.

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
lack of paperwork being filed, etc. It is strange though. Not unheard of for other agencies agents using FBI credentials though, and getting police cooperation... I think you might be dealing with some of the more compartmentalized areas within Homeland Security here...

Any more details on the suspect involved? (i.e. nationality? name?)

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As of right now I don't know why they took it or much about him, but I do have calls in. They should get back to me before the days over. As soon as I get some more details I'll post them.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet it's the DHS. They prolly don't need a warrant, which could be why you can't find one ...

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I keep hearing people whining that martial law is a one off US only type of event. Not the case.

I was reading guardian a short while ago, it appears that US and UK are going to do this together.

If your in UK and assume that they can't tough your wrong. Also US can request your deportation from UK to US at a stroke of pen.

Type few key words and they lock onto you and off you went across the atlantic

"Britain, however, has kept the right to send a suspect to the US only if there is an assurance that the death penalty will not be imposed.
"
Ohhh now i feel safe

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by Papa Karlo]

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OK, we've talked to the Chief of Police and he said that the judge has placed a gag order. i.e. they can't discuss anything about it right now. I have another source that is supposed to be getting in touch with me by around lunch time tomorrow. The Chief said as of now no arrests have been made, but the investigation is on going.
Gazrock, I know the name but I can't release it yet (without the papers stating his name, I could be sued for libel). I am about 90% sure that he is white and is an American.
I'll let you guys know when I find out more.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What, never heard of division six? come on J lets go

XAOS

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
I'm willing to bet it's the DHS. They prolly don't need a warrant, which could be why you can't find one ...

Nope they don't need one(warrant) untill 72 hrs have elapsed, at that time if they cannot prove thier actions were justified they get a slap on the wrist. the only people who can pull that action off is agents of DHLS or covert operatives...by that I mean anyone who has brass balls...LIKE ME!

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
What, never heard of division six? come on J lets go

XAOS

Division six? hey arn't those the guys who fat around and eat all my doughnuts?!

top topics

join