It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA discovered in meteorites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

NASA researchers have found the building blocks of DNA, the genetic molecule that is essential to all life forms, in meteorites, pieces of space rock that have fallen to Earth. The discovery suggests that similar meteorites and comets may have impacted Earth and assisted in life formation here.

lightyears.blogs.cnn.com...

I've seen reports like this before but it appears this may be a legitimate instance where actual DNA molecules have been discovered.

The research team analyzed twelve carbon rich meteorites, nine of which were from Antarctica, to positively identify the basic elements of the chemical compounds they extracted from the samples. Testing revealed adenine and guanine, two fundamental components of DNA called nucleobases.

Exciting stuff. ET may well be out there!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Misleading title - they have not found DNA, just some components you need to make DNA

Apart from that it's also old news, many threads on it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Heard about this earlier in the week, very interesting stuff. However, the title of the article is wrong. DNA was not found in the asteroids, only building blocks of it, components. The state of science writing these days is horrendous, a disservice to our society and future.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sorry but this news has already been posted about 10 times. Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Looks like we have a duplicate thread here. I posted this about 2 minutes after it appeared on CNN.com's front
page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's good to know there are other people out there are excited to see this FINALLY happen (mainstream media getting closer to disclosure). Since main stream media is controlled by the government, then I think we're getting really close to full disclosure! I don't think they have a choice. It will show its face within the next few months.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If someone claims to have a painting, drawing or even a simple sketch from Rembrandt, there are certain components that can prove whether it was created by the same hand or not. Much like, all matter has the same "fingerprint". That is the fingerprint of the same creator.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

True, but it seems to me that the Scientific community is getting us warmed up for a bigger anouncement of life.. Slowly they are piecing things together, water where we didn't expect it, conditions for life where we didn't think it could live, and now the random chemical components on a space rock.

reply to post by my3911

I did a search in the relative forums and there was nothing on this article. You posted a Breaking News which is not the same as a forum thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Australian meteorite behind 'space DNA' discovery, page 1NASA has confirmed that some components of DNA (I am assuming they are talking about amino acids) in a 40 year old meteorite which made landfall in ...
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread738611/pg1

clipped from Google - 8/2011
. Building Blocks of DNA Found in Meteorites from Space, page 1Investigators have also found nucleobases, key ingredients of DNA, in meteorites before. However, it has been very difficult to prove that ...
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread738084/pg1

. NASA: DNA Found on Meteorites Indicates Life May Have Originated ...NASA: DNA Found on Meteorites Indicates Life May Have Originated in Space. www. ibtimes.com. According to the findings from a group of NASA-funded ...
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread738309/pg1

. CNN: DNA DISCOVERED IN METEORITES , page 1NASA researchers have found the building blocks of DNA, the genetic molecule that is essential to all life forms, in meteorites, pieces of space rock that ...
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread739381/pg1

. NASA: DNA Found on Meteorites Indicates Life Originated in Space ...2 days ago ... NASA: DNA Found on Meteorites Indicates Life Originated in Space, page. privacy. Pages: ATS Members have flagged this thread 0 times ...
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread738309/pg

. DNA building blocks confirmed as E.T. origin, page 22 days ago ... The components of DNA have now been confirmed to exist in extraterrestrial meteorites, researchers announced. ...
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread738377/pg2

And that was only the first page of a search....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Jesus mate, not a single one of those is the same title or specific article I posted .. old news, new article, !@$! me

MODS: delete the thread, I no longer care.

top topics

join