It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I get rid of the alert window?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've been trying to come on ATS more lately and use the site more than I have been having but when I do I see this annoying alert window. I don't want to always read my private messages. I don't want to always be alerted about it all the time. Can someone tell me how to get rid of it? It would make my browsing experience better.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Wow, talk about things being relative. I get all excited when I see a U2U alert....

Unfortunately it's usually some boring staff notice about some new feature....

I'm a lonely poster, I know.

I don't know how to solve your problem, sorry.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I guess we all have our own problems. I'm not exactly lonely per se I guess like you are so when I see these messages come to me I'm like get away... I have so many other things to deal with.

Actually, I used to like the messages when they would be telling me about some show on ATS that I need to watch or listen to. I could careless about surveys and things like that.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Im not exactly sure what alert window you mean, can you clarify?
Do you mean the bottom bar?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Read or delete the messages and it goes away.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Agree with the OP.....only because I use my Ipad to view ATS, and I have to wait for that annoying ribbon to load, then hope it disappears before I click a topic that is by the ribbon.

I just dont understand the point of the ribbon....its as bad as a popup. Please get rid of it....or explain the point of it. Its literally the worst addition to ats since I joined in 2006. Granted, its a minor beef.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

No sometimes it'll come up and it'll annoy me whenever I click on another page.

reply to post by Chadwickus

It makes ATS more difficult to use and even more difficult to use when I'm browsing a mobile phone. I don't always want to respond to my messages. I don't always look at my message right away and I don't want a constant reminder to look at them. They should make ATS more like facebook and have a notification reminder at the top right corner or something.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The ribbon or the pop up for some reason do not bother me at all.You have come to THEIR site and joined to become a member of THEIR site.

The ribbon at the bottom does not always show at least on my browser.
If the pop up at top top shows,I am polite enough to see what it is.If it is a staff notice about a poll result I just delete it.

Polls at least on this site are useless in my opinion.

The simplest solution is to just access your profile and delete the U2U.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

Actually, I JOINED THIS SITE SO I COULD REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF ADVERTISEMENTS AND CLUTTER THAT I SEE ON THIS FORUM, that and so I could use the forum to talk to other members as well. That's one of the promises ATS makes to the users here-- that if you join the site your browsing experience will be a lot more easier. I see the window as something that is a step back. I don't like always checking my PM. I don't really have any more to say on this subject.

new topics

top topics

join