It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military & Government Alterations of Science...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hey everyone. Been gone a while now, so please excuse my absence. I am finally back in America, after the completion of my contract in Eastern Europe. It definitely feels good to be back in friendly territory.

The main issue here that I would like to address is the theory of government manipulation of the school books and educational references pertaining to science. How far do you think this has gone, and what do you think are the ramifications of such actions?

Mr. M

E_T

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
How far do you think this has gone, and what do you think are the ramifications of such actions?

Well, isn't it said that information is power.

And leaders deny it from citizens/distort it to get support from citizens and power, like in Hitler's Germany, Soviet Union, North Korea, China......

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Good to have you back man

I don't know how the government would manipulate school books, because there are private schools which can choose there own books, and in theory the first amendment would protect the school books from censorship. Assuming the government is keeping information from reaching schoolbooks, it most likely would be technical info pertaining to military technology.

Actually there was a thread recently on how a grad student with a 200k grant made a retro virus that seems like it mayy be a cure for aids. I remember him being quoted as saying something like 'it was too simple, there is no way this could be original'. This though would probably pertain more to Pharm companies tring to sell treatment instead of a cure because they make more money that way.

I would say a more likely thing for the governmet to do would be to "flag" children who show great promise in science at a young age to "nurture" and "push" them in a particular direction.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I personally believe that there is a cure for any disease known on the planet. However, there is no profit in selling a cure for everything. If they withhold the cure, more money can be made over a longer period of time. If they released the cure, where is the profit?

Anything is possible...

Mr. M

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Where do u think a lot of Teslas work diappeared to?

join