It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow just dropped 400 points

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So Much For CNN Good News

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
With the markets acting the way they are, it is tough to distinguish what is truly happening and what will happen.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the SEC!

I have watched the intraday actions on the most active stocks within the DJIA, and have watched trades that seemed to suggest that there has been a conglomeration of traders and investor's stops being triggered, fear selling (don't want another hit on the 401k) and some serious trades that suggested large short positions (as much as I am opposed to short sells, it would be difficult to not get involved with these drops).

I also fear that a majority of these short positions will inevitably end up being uninvestegated "naked short sells" that will add hundreds of millions shares into the company's float that will not be found and corrected until the stock price has hit well past it's 52 week lows. This usually is the cause of unexplained and steep stock price drops like B of A just experienced.

I am, on one hand, happy to see that the preice per barrel of oil is below $80 now, but on the other hand, am a little on edge in thinking about how high it will go now. A high quantity of large position closed out and ran with profits while new buyers entered into this new price range. These guys buying here are not hoping for a loss, they are, of course, wanting mega profits. So I am kind of afraid that the price per barrel will go much higher thatn the 52 week high.

This is all so confusing, but at the same time seems expertly orchestrated.

Time will tell friends!
edit on 9-8-2011 by azbowhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Sadly I must say that the ones controlling the markets will need one day to stop manipulating it and let the economy and the real situation in the country talking by himself. I mean that the U.S. didn't EVER got out of their recession so the markets cannot keep on being that high.

Second, the U.S. dollar as a worldwide currency will end one day or another as it did with any world currency in the past. History talks by itself and the U.S. dollar will fall sooner or later. I am not saying this is what I want but this is what must happen because the banks went much too far in their manipulations and it must come back to gold as it worked so well in the past and always will.

Thruthseek3r

new topics

<< 1   >>

join