It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food at Walmart tastes strange but is it safe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Food quality is at an all time low in the US.
Even the Kraft horseradish tastes like 60% chemicals 40% horseradish.

But nothing at any Walmart I've shopped at tastes the same,or metallic. Their meat is an obvious avoid,but nothing else stands out. And I'm picky from nose to ass. I can't buy tissues from certain stores because they smell funny, and have returned toilet paper for smelling mildewy. Seems like warehouses/trucks might be the issue.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BenSchillin
Food quality is at an all time low in the US.
Even the Kraft horseradish tastes like 60% chemicals 40% horseradish.

But nothing at any Walmart I've shopped at tastes the same,or metallic. Their meat is an obvious avoid,but nothing else stands out. And I'm picky from nose to ass. I can't buy tissues from certain stores because they smell funny, and have returned toilet paper for smelling mildewy. Seems like warehouses/trucks might be the issue.

US Food standards being low are one of the major hurdles in trade agreements with the EU, UK, Norway and Switzerland. For example the US allows chicken to be rinsed in ammonia whereas Europe does not. There are also lots of additives that are permitted in the US which are not allowed in Europe. For example McDonalds fries in the US are completely different to Europe because the US ones have a different preservative which is banned in Europe. To be honest the European fries do taste better in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

Not just Walmart.

Many products have changed their formula and it is noticeable in the poor quality. Dog and cat food that my pets used to eat, that they won't touch now. Even shampoos and lotions that are so watered down that it can't be missed. Which tells me they don't care.

<< 1  2   >>

join