It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Alex Jones defend the tea party so much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It's easy for Alex Jones to sit back and relax and not take credit for any of the articles that he presses on his website. But he's defended the Tea Party numerous times. He defended them when CNN linked them to terrorism earlier (www.infowars.com...) and in his article about the rise of the new right, the MSNBC documentar,y he claims that the tea-party is anti-establishment (www.prisonplanet.com...). He thinks they're a group of normal American citizens, rather than the regular group of Republican voters who are usually concerned about these issues, who are duped into voting for the Republican party time and time again because they think they'll be different. His rhetoric is little different from those on the right, as, his right-hand man Joseph Watson uses rhetoric that matches Rush Limbaugh, calling Chris Matthews a communist who worships Saul D Alinsky.

Of course, Alex Jones knows the real truth behind the Tea Party, and he knows that the Tea Party movement is not the same as it once was (www.infowars.com...). It used to be a movement full of concerned citizens against the budget and spending problems and big government and fascism in Washington. But now it's been hijacked by both party as a political tool.

So, given the fact that the tea-party movement has now been taken over by the Republican voters and that it's not as unique as it once was... why does Alex Jones still defend it so much? Why does he pretend that it's still the anti-establishment movement that he saw a few years ago? Why so defensive, Mr. Alex Jones?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I don't know and I am just guessing here...

Crazy as a loon?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Because government is the root of all evil?

Alex and the Tea Party have that in common. They agree that if government is big enough to support you, it's powerful enough to destroy you.

Of course, you libs think the gov't is the answer. It's the biggest gap between us...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You believe anything they show msnbc?

they have no credibility whatshoever. They are owned by GE. GE owns the whitehouse along with the banksters.

You must be loving the new hope and change.

Chris Matthews gets a tingle up his leg every time he hears Obama speak, do you? I think that is F'ing weird beyond the normal weird of TV.

Seriously this "impartial" newscaster is nothing but propaganda agent that spews all over his desk. He could use a bib to do his show.
edit on 8-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Just because the media says Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman (Palin 2.0) is in charge of the tea party doesn't mean it's so. There is a growing rise of people both white and black, conservative and liberal, rich and poor who are fed up with the federal government. That is the 'tea party' regardless of what clown the media claims is leading it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

An elephant and donkey run a house and abuse it into disrepair for 25 to 50 years. Then along comes an English tea party moves in with them. A few month later he says "You know Elephant and Donkey, I will refuse to participate in abusing the house while I'm here. I hope you can figure out how to live with that."

Then national paper prints the headline: "Local Tea Party drives house into state of disrepair, and threatens to send house into state of collapse.". But nobody questions it, and everyone believes it, hook, line, and sinker. I would think ATS members are smart enough to look past what the media tells them to think about the situation, but so far have been disappointed with their level of gullibility about the situation in so many cases. The Tea Party deserves to be defended because they are being blamed for something that has nothing to do with them whatsoever.

The very idea of blaming 15% of congress, for what the other 85% are up to is more than a little ridiculous... in fact what kind of idiot would believe that?
edit on 8-8-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Like Alex, most people who observe and support the Tea Party don't think it has been hijacked. It's popular because it represents what many think is a separation from the 2 party system. Sounds insane right? I agree but most Tea Party supporters I know and have conversations with just don't really take the time to inform themselves of what it is all about. THat's my observation and 2 cents of it anyways.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Imo, parts of the Tea Party have been hijacked, taken over...but parts remain true to their roots...started by Ron Paul in 2007! It is pathetic that the Tea Party is getting blamed for so much nowadays when it's been around such a short time and the economic problems have been ongoing for decades, though more recently spiraling out-of-control!

Ron and Rand Paul say downgrade is fault of Washington, not Tea Party
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

the reason Alex defends the tea party,is because the tea party is right.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Underwhelmed

love your first post brother. Did you just want someone to comment on your avatar. well you got it... omg is that a reptilian

new topics

top topics

join