It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for Monday 8/8/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I believe we will see a complete turn around of the rhetoric come Monday.
During the entire debt ceiling debate we all heard how terrible it would be for the US to lose it's triple A rating.
Monday will be damage control, we will begin hearing that "well it was inevitable, but it's really not that bad. We still have a double A+ rating."
The fact of the matter is that this was inevitable, because we have many people in this country who do not understand economics. We just can't keep printing money and borrowing without something to back it up.
Don't believe the hype come Monday, we lost our triple A rating and yes, that is a terrible thing.
We won't know how terrible until Monday.
So who's to blame?
Tea party republicans? Who stood their ground and didn't want a watered down bill that didn't cut enough.

Liberal democrats? Who really just wanted to raise the debt ceiling will no restrictions. Just a clean vote to raise it 2,000,000,000,000,000 more.

Republicans? Who didn't want to raise taxes.

Democrats? Who wanted to raise taxes.

Truthfully, it is all of their faults. But it is my prediction that you won't hear that come Monday.
Quad

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The elite expected this so I'm guessing they have a plan B - and that plan B would no doubt be us taxpayers paying for the mess they created.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Waiting to see if Obama really goes to court over the BC.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
The elite expected this so I'm guessing they have a plan B - and that plan B would no doubt be us taxpayers paying for the mess they created.

Your probably right about the elites, but somehow I don't see these idiots in DC looking that far ahead to have a plan B.
I think they were only looking to get something passed so they could start their 5 week vacation.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well he's got a pretty good excuse not to show up now.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thought you guys might like to see this so I'm sharing: U.S. Debtclock

Then this one here (faster to load) says:

The estimated population of the United States is 311,075,974
so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,855.03

I don't know how they figured that number or how accurate it is, but it puts things into some interesting perspective....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
Thought you guys might like to see this so I'm sharing: U.S. Debtclock

Then this one here (faster to load) says:

The estimated population of the United States is 311,075,974
so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,855.03

I don't know how they figured that number or how accurate it is, but it puts things into some interesting perspective....

I don't understand how some can look at that site and not understand that we can't keep going like we have been.
Many just think the government can keep printing money. They don't understand that SOMEONE HAS TO PAY, THAT THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE MONEY.

A while back a lady my wife works with said, and I am not joking,
"if we are so far in dept then why doesn't the government just print enough to pay it off? They have the printing machines, don't they?"
So my wife had to give her a crash course in economics and government.

Did I mention my wife works in the public school system.
Pitiful huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
heres my predition for monday

dow down
gold up

and a whole lot of pointing fingers and the blame game.

prertty much like every other day in washington.

new topics

top topics

join