It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My past life dream....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ok I have to start by saying that I'm not an 'airy fairy' sort of a person and I would call myself a sceptic.... For those of you that are interested my star sign is Aries. I Did Art to foundation level and then went into Mental Health Nursing and I remained in mental health nursing until I had my little girl in my late 30's..

However I do believe in past lives and I do believe I have dreamt of two of mine

Ok so here goes....

1st dream................................................................................................................................................. ...............

I'm dressed in brown, it feels like Edwardian era clothes, I have a small bustle and very slightly puffed sleeves. My hair is piled up on top of my head and I have a small black hat thing on.

I'm in an eastern European town but I'm English. I know I've been sent here to recover and I know I have consumption. Its not a hot place, in fact it feels chilly and misty, but its early in the morning.

I'm going to a market, the market is in a square to my left (I have been somewhere else before leaving home and coming here but I cant remember where) and I head to the top left of the market square, I pass 2 stalls until I reach a stall that sells glass stuff, the stall sells vases and all sorts of stuff made from glass and some clay. I am here to pick up a particular item, I nod to the stall holder and indicate a medium sized glass vase in a mid blue, he nods and wraps it in blue and white stripped paper and then brown paper.... He knows and I know that I've bought the vase for 'THE ARTISTS' , they/ he had pre-ordered the item, I hand some money over and clutching the brown paper parcel i head towards a bridge.

Its very early in the morning and the bridge is lit with gas lights, to my right I can see the river and across the river tall houses three storeys high with basements joining the brick that faces the river, to the left I can see the market behind me and the bridge ahead. Across the bridge to the left there are 3/4 buildings, the corner building is a kind of junk shop, or it looks like that to me, its all second hand stuff and there is an ostrich feather and a wardrobe amongst other things in the window.

As I cross the bridge lit with gas lamps I pass 3 people on my right, one is a gentleman in a tall hat and the other two are ladies with parasols in light coloured dresses. I feel rather drab in my brown dress but as I pass the 'gentleman' i hear him pontificate about the town and its virtues to the ladies, I feel a bit pissed of and pull my parcel close to my chest and I'm thinking that 'THE ARTISTS have been here for ages' and I feel quite cross that this twat in a hat with his two simpering women are here at all.

I hurry across the bridge and cross to my left, before the shop with the ostrich feathers and wardrobe there is another shop, it has dark blue velvet in the window (which is on the right of the door and the left of the ostrich feather shop) on a small podium swashed in velvet in the window is a glass bottle. I push open the door and a bell rings above my head. To my right is a tall dark wood counter and I know I'm in an 'appocrathy's'. I go to the counter and wait.... to my left is an open doorway with stuff hanging down, not beads and not plastic, maybe knotted twine? Anyway a man pops his head through and nods to me, he knows me and knows what Im there for. Seconds later he reappears and passes a small vial to me (he is wearing a black and white stripped shirt and his sleeves are rolled up), I take the vial and pocket it in my skirts. I pass him some coins and i know that this is laudanum. I leave the 'chemist/apocryphally' and head across diagonally so I'm walking towards the buildings that where in front and right when I crossed the bridge. The bridge is now behind me to the right (over my right shoulder). The market is behind me across the river over my left shoulder.

I have a key to the house in front of me but it is just a key to the front door and a room that I rent. I turn the key and go in. Its darker in here and to the left of me are the rooms of my land lady, the door to the left of me is slightly ajar and there is a canary in a cage in that room. Ahead of me are some stairs and I walk up them clutching my package. Im worried about disturbing the landlady, she doesnt like 'certain types' (certain types in her world include bohemians) and I worry that I might be a 'certain type'

I walk up the stairs quietly so as not to disturb the landlady and turn left and left again (so back onto myself, stairs are now on my left), to the right of me is a door and that is my door, i put the key in, turn it and enter my room.

Straight ahead of me is a bed, I pop the package on the bed, there's a wardrobe right ahead to the right of me and to the left is a window, beneath the window is a writing desk, a wash stand is to my immediate right behind the door.

I walk to the desk and put the small vial of Laudanum on the desk (right hand side) and I sit down. I rest for a minuet or two and pick up a pen from the ink well, I can see across the rive from my window and as I flatten the paper in front of me I see a figure crossing the square and i start to smile... I know this figure dressed in black renascence clothing is my brother. I glance at the laudanum and pop it in the draw. I feel very very happy now, my brother is dashing across the square towards my room and I love him very much. He is a waste of space and father disapproves of him terribly but I love him. I laugh as he runs towards my room wiping his black curly hair from his face. He bounds towards my door and I start to panic, the old lady that rents me the room is very disapproving and my brother is exactly the 'type' she dislikes, added to which I am a single lady and it isnt appropriate for a young man to be visiting my rooms! So I jump up and meet him at the top of my stairs.

My brother is breathless and laughing which makes me laugh, he tells me that I am too serious and that I need to get out more, he marches into my room and I quickly shut the door behind him (Im very worried about the landlady and acutely aware of the laudanum in my draw) he yabbers on a bit about some nonsense before grabbing my hand and dragging me back out down the stairs.

We cross diagonally right towards a building to the left of the apothecary's which has some tables set outside and serves as a cafe. We walk into the cafe (bar on our right) and down some steps into a back room. I have a seat facing back out so the wall is on my left, brother is in front and the doorway out is up some steps and behind him. To my right is an old lady, she is wearing a huge hat and multiple bead necklaces which she is fingering incessantly. I glance at her and back at my brother... He is yebbering on about THE POETS, I know that my brother is somehow connected to THE ARTISTS and THE POETS and I also know that no matter how much I love him he is never going to amount to anything, I know Im dying of TB/consumption and I glance again at the old woman fiddling with her beads, a man in an apron comes to take our order, I cant remember what I order, Im lost in thought now looking at the old lady in her fine hat and beads and thinking what an interesting l life she might of led....

The first dream that I am positive is a past life recollection ends there.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It is a very detailed 'dream' and its never felt like a dream to me, its always felt like a memory.... I can remember every feeling and thought like it was last week.

Here is a map kind of thing if it helps?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20e7ad82c1ca.jpeg[/atsimg]

Anyway its been good to get it off my chest and tell people about it, even if no-one ever reads it. Its out there now.

Im sorry its so hum dum... theres nothing exciting there, I remember loving my brother very much and that he was on the periphery of an artistic world, but I know he wasnt anything special except to me....
edit on 6/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Fascinating!! Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately i've never had a dream about any of my past lives but my hubby has and i'm going to prod him to post...it may take awhile as the football game starts in a few minutes

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by i8miceb4

Hiya thank you for replying and not taking the piss, its been YEARS since i had this dream/memory and its never faded at all or changed in any way, its really not like me to share this kind of thing so its taken a few glasses of wine to post this!

I hope you can get hubby to post his!

edit on 6/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to share this! I love reading things like this. I always find it interesting when people can recall things so specifically. Have you done any type of research into the time, area, etc?

I've always wanted to go through some type of regression therapy just to see if I would gain any insight or recollections. I've never had any firm belief, one way or another, in past lives - and thought that maybe doing something like that might help sway my opinion. However, several years ago I did have a friend tell me she picked up at least one other life time for me. Seriously cool!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Interesting read! And it's really cool that you remember your dreams with so much detail or maybe as you said it is a memory. Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andhow
Thank you for taking the time to share this! I love reading things like this. I always find it interesting when people can recall things so specifically. Have you done any type of research into the time, area, etc?
Hiya thanks for the reply
No I havent done any sort of research into the area or time, I don't actually know where it could be other than what I was thinking in the 'dream' and that was that I was in a small town somewhere in Eastern Europe, I say Eastern Europe, it felt like it could of been somewhere like Czechoslovakia (as it was then) but other than that I have no idea where it could of been. I can only guess at when it could of been too but it felt like very early 1900's before WWI.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GroovyBohemian
Interesting read! And it's really cool that you remember your dreams with so much detail or maybe as you said it is a memory. Thanks for sharing

Hiya
I don't actually have dreams like this all the time, this was a one off dream that felt very different to a normal dream, I had the dream about 15yrs ago but I can still recall every detail vividly. Normally my dreams are disjointed and surreal and like most people I forget them soon after I wake up. This does feel more like a memory than a dream.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
thanks so much for this. i love dream memories. the closest thing i have to this is a recurring dream that i am some kind of white bird. (i swear im not trying to poke fun) i am some kind of goose or swan and i am a pet. every time the dream happens, its located in a moat of a castle. i cant tell you in what country or what time, but the climate is very european (grey sky, green mossy grass, rolling hills)

maybe im moving up in the reincarnation world ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

That's very cool OP.

It's excellent that you can recall so much detail in your accounts of this past life.
Due to the fact that everything happens in our lives for a reason. This is apparently being recalled for a purpose.
Thus I would seek out who you actually were.
Perhaps you could research locations in Europe that specialized in treatment for consumption for example.

The Churches also keep many records of deaths.

...maybe you could also validate this via a past life regression ....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misteriosa
thanks so much for this. i love dream memories. the closest thing i have to this is a recurring dream that i am some kind of white bird. (i swear im not trying to poke fun) i am some kind of goose or swan and i am a pet. every time the dream happens, its located in a moat of a castle. i cant tell you in what country or what time, but the climate is very european (grey sky, green mossy grass, rolling hills)

maybe im moving up in the reincarnation world ?

well at least you remember being a nice kind of bird, something with a bit of class

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
reply to post by Versa

Due to the fact that everything happens in our lives for a reason. This is apparently being recalled for a purpose.
Thus I would seek out who you actually were.

I'd never thought about it that way... That is an interesting thought!

Originally posted by nh_ee
Perhaps you could research locations in Europe that specialized in treatment for consumption for example.

The Churches also keep many records of deaths.

...maybe you could also validate this via a past life regression ....

I might give that a go sometime.... Seems rather like looking for a needle in a haystack though! I know there was some sort of bohemian art movement in that town too and that my brother was 'in with them' but he was a poet and not a terribly successful one... There was one artist in the group (this is just something I was aware of in the dream) that was successful in some way and I know he was painting, but I have no idea how much of success he was....

I know that I also wrote poetry (something I defiantly have no skill for now) but that it was private and I never attempted to publish.

I wouldnt have a clue how to go about past life regression and Im not sure I want to yet....Its taken me a good 15yrs and some Dutch courage to even get as far as posting the dream...
edit on 7/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

It was an interesting read, thanks for the post. I am not sure if dreams of other lives are passed lives or just dreams? Either way, I have had a few other life dreams myself, one in which I suspect I was a thief in France prior to the revolution as I dreamed of escaping out a window and running from rooftop to rooftop to escape soldiers.

I had another in which I was a Soldier in a war, with an old bayonnette type rifle. That was not particularly pleasant as it was war time and my objective was to assassinate a particular family. I recall going awol with a young baby boy to try and save him and the "crown" had sent agents to find and kill me. I was caught and executed, I don't remember if I managed to save the child. It is interesting that in both these dreams I was a male.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Hiya
Well I don't have anyway to prove even to myself that this was a past life dream, but 15+yrs on I still recall every detail and it felt very different from a normal dream, it still feels 100% like a memory. Your past life dreams sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Thats awesome that you had a dream about your past life. I wish I could do that. Do you remember if you did anything prior to going to bed that may have helped facilitate this dream?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AM47240
reply to post by Versa

Thats awesome that you had a dream about your past life. I wish I could do that. Do you remember if you did anything prior to going to bed that may have helped facilitate this dream?

Hiya

I don't even remember my boyfriend at that time, it was 15+yrs ago but I remember the 'dream' like it happened in real life... Its literally burned into my memory, I can remember every feeling and every thought I had. I cant recall the faces of the people exactly but I can remember all the feelings I had when I looked at them.

I certainly cant remember what I ate that night or even which house I was in

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

LOL...That's to be expected. I just thought maybe you'd done some kind of meditation or whatnot before sleeping. I've been told about some of my past lives by psychics, but I've never actually seen them for myself. I wish I could.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ok, here goes..i've had 2.
First one...
I'm living in a fort somewhere out west, maybe mid to later 1800's. I'm part of a scout troop and i'm preparing to leave. I'm in a area which seems to be a dusty dirt courtyard, near the front gates. There are several of us saddling horses. Behind us are buildings and there a a few women gathered in front of a building. The sidewalks are wooden with railings. I turned around and locked eyes with my wife. As the men started to mount our horses the women came towards us and my wife stood beside me, grabbed a hold of my leg, put her head on my leg and looked up at me. I placed my hand on her head for reassurance that everything would be okay.We went out through the front gate following a trail through a field. We traveled for for a while and then we were ambushed by Indians who came over a hill. The troop quickly turned their horses around to head back to the fort because we were severely outnumbered. We raced back towards the fort, looking over our shoulders in fear. A couple of guys were hit by arrows and fell from their mounts. The fort was in sight, I looked over my shoulder and I saw an arrow coming my way. I turned and saw the fort and then I was hit by the arrow in my back. I always wake up at this point of the dream.
2nd dream..
I find myself in a rain forest, either a Inca or Mayan. There was a gathering of people and everyone is dressed in normal garb except for a woman who was more elaborately dressed. We were gathered for a sacrifice and I knew that there was some kind of connection between the woman and I. I was protesting about her being sacrificed and I was being held back by the men at the gathering, As they held me, they took the women down a trail. I eventually broke loose and I started running though the jungle taking a different path. The men who I had broke free from were chasing me. I was frantic in my efforts to save the woman because in my heart I knew it was wrong and slid part way down the muddy path. I would get flashes, like watching a movie, of the women struggling and crying as she was dragged down her path. At this point, I always wake up.
And that's why I believe I am with my wife today. These were reoccurring dreams until we met and I don't have them anymore .In these dreams, we've always connected through the eyes and when I met my future wife , I knew deep down in my soul, that we had been together in our previous lives and we had been reunited.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrussian63

Oooo they are fascinating! thank you for sharing them, I feel much better now about posting mine

Did they feel significantly different from a dream? Mine did, I only dreamt it the once but I can remember ever emotion, thought etc vividly... Im sure as a couple of people have mentioned that there is a reason that I have this memory.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AM47240
reply to post by Versa

I just thought maybe you'd done some kind of meditation or whatnot before sleeping. I've been told about some of my past lives by psychics, but I've never actually seen them for myself. I wish I could.

Hiya
no I'm not really in to meditation or anything like that and I hadn't thought about pasted lives etc until I had the 'dream/memory'. I would of just gone to bed like normal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join