It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The paradox of knowledge

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

It is not that humans are incapable of grasping the truth it is that they are grasping. They can not find the truth because they are looking somewhere else, looking 'out there' to 'things' of the world. You are the truth but you will not look there.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Knowledge is power, no doubt. However, knowledge just for the sake of knowledge is never a good thing. Or, another quip that I've heard is, "Knowledge unused is ignorance." We have mental institutions full of people who in all reality have more knowledge than your average person on the street. However, typically with a "mentally ill" person that knowledge is kept hushed. Do they keep hushed because they are "mentally ill?" Or, more logically, are they "mentally ill" because they keep hushed? I'd say it's the latter rather than the former.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Yes, this IS a thread about knowledge. The paradox of knowledge. Clearly you have proven the point of this thread by becoming more confused and agitated while searching for the knowledge of how to become less confused and agitated. Paradox, no?

Here is my best advice for you:

<< 3  4  5   >>

join