It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is more amazing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
After reading a post recently made by another member, I got to thinking/wondering something which I am unsure of. In your opinion, what is more amazing?

1. Man made creations. (Technology, Society, Architecture, Philosophy, Art...)
2. The process of thought that leads to creation.
3. The underlying driver that allows for the process of thought to arise.
4. The causation for this underlying driver to start in the first place.

I am not necessarily asking you why or how these things happen, just in your opinion which is more amazing; the creation, the process of creation, the underlying driver that allows for this process of creation to arise, or the causation that started this underlying driver?

Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
#1... 'cause you couldn't have it without the others. Is this a trick question?

And what's the difference between #3 and #4? Maybe some examples might help...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
After reading a post recently made by another member, I got to thinking/wondering something which I am unsure of. In your opinion, what is more amazing?

I am not necessarily asking you why or how these things happen, just in your opinion which is more amazing; the creation, the process of creation, the underlying driver that allows for this process of creation to arise, or the causation that started this underlying driver?

Peace.

Ah easy number 3- The underlying driver for the process of thought to arise.

Because thats the nuts and bolts of it all, just what is it that underpins reality ?! Then work on number 4.

For me 3, and then 4 are the most amazing

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I think all of the possibilities you arise lead to the subject of an underlaying fundemental layer, namely consciousness. That is it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Peace.

What is amazing is nature, and what nature can do. There isn't really anything amazing about the secondary man made creations themselves, imo. What is amazing is the primary natural creation. Life.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I've been in construction for over 25 years now, and as each year goes by I am even more amazed at how beautiful nature is and how ugly man-made creations are. We've fooled ourselves into thinking we build beautiful things, but just look around at all the parking lots, power & telephone lines, ugly roads and bridges, eyesore buildings, billboards, garish signage, etc. that we've polluted the landscape with. The glory days of high design are gone, they've been replaced with a desire to build as fast and as cheaply as possible.

What's most amazing to me has nothing to do with what we build or the thought processes involved. It's that nature is so beautiful and perfect all by itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Yes, they build things fast since we multiply like rabbits, it's industrial rather than hand made as a term.
They don' make them like they use to, some may say. This is due to rapid demand on the market since more population, more demand, it also has to do with the consumer trend, since people turn more and more into hungry consumer zombies the demands on the market go higher and higher until there is no room for "hand made" objects.
I would call this "FAST FOOD" building, since it's just like fast food, fast food for hungry hordes of people, make it fast as fast food is.

Serial is the name, as in clones of the original, replication of an object, for other clones(people)
Clone objects for clone people, serials with serials, as people become like serials. Plastic objects for plastic made people.

edit on 3-8-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Good answers. I guess I would have to paradoxically say: everything is amazing and at the same time nothing is amazing. It is amazing because I am witnessing it, yet it is not amazing because I am a part of it; I am not separate from it. Not sure if I can accurately describe what I mean by that, or if I even truly know what that means.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Good answers. I guess I would have to paradoxically say: everything is amazing and at the same time nothing is amazing. It is amazing because I am witnessing it, yet it is not amazing because I am a part of it; I am not separate from it. Not sure if I can accurately describe what I mean by that, or if I even truly know what that means.

Peace.

To me, being a part of it gives it much glory.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

4 and 1 are the same. The rest all go forth from there.

That's duality 101 my friend
We mistake the same thing for two different things.

edit on 3/8/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

I've been in construction for over 25 years now, and as each year goes by I am even more amazed at how beautiful nature is and how ugly man-made creations are. We've fooled ourselves into thinking we build beautiful things, but just look around at all the parking lots, power & telephone lines, ugly roads and bridges, eyesore buildings, billboards, garish signage, etc. that we've polluted the landscape with. The glory days of high design are gone, they've been replaced with a desire to build as fast and as cheaply as possible.

What's most amazing to me has nothing to do with what we build or the thought processes involved. It's that nature is so beautiful and perfect all by itself.

I was in construction myself. Now I'm going to school for industrial electronics. I share the same views.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol

Yo, can you put up a link about this number system?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

one and four are not the same.

personally i like four the most.

absolutely everything is amazing, even horrible nightmarish disasters of any kind. once you understand the gears of the universe... everything is a wonderful experience, nothing is worth missing (and when i say that i mean everything is worth experiencing, not: nothing is worth experiencing, haha, i just want to clear that up cause in the context of the sentence it could have sounded both ways).

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

In what way specifically are the 'experiencer' and experienced different things? One creates the other, both are manifest from the same underlying principal. It's all the same thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Number system? I'm sorry my friend but I'm not following you. The 1 and 4 I was referring to were in the OP.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Number system? I'm sorry my friend but I'm not following you. The 1 and 4 I was referring to were in the OP.

LOL! That's too funny,
! I was so confused for a second too, like, "how are 1 and 4 equal?" Now I see what you were referring to.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The very fact that you made this thread proves you enlightenment.

You will soon realize 2. and 3. are the same entity. (The primacy of consciousness)

You will soon realize 2. 3. and 4. are the same entity. (The eternal nature of consciousness)

You may realize the distinction between 2. 3. 4. and 1. is the illusion we call reality...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

In what way specifically are the 'experiencer' and experienced different things? One creates the other, both are manifest from the same underlying principal. It's all the same thing.

1. final product
4. why something or an idea inspired someone (to later act on it)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The experience is reality.
The experiencer is consciousness.

Is reality consciousness?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Oh, lol. I oddly misinterpreted what you were saying. haha. I get it now. Sorry, I had a slow moment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join