It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Track marks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sick people have taken to lying on train tracks to soak up the electrical energy flowing through them ,in hope of treatment and relief from medical problems.
Warnings have been given by authorities that the treatment is dangerous ,But in a country where healthcare probably isnt available without money ,these people are using other means to get relief
I can see how the currents may help and liken this to a TENS machine which uses electrical impulses to relieve pain .I have used one and in my case found it helped.
I think this idea of the tracks is ingenious and would try it ,Its good to see people taking matters into their own hands rather than relying on broken healthcare systems
www.abc.net.au...
Visit this link for the video report
edit on 3-8-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Just goes to show what a lack of education and herd mentality does to people.

So these people vibrate, the "Indigo Children" vibrate, I draw parallels, a few stars, and a slew of personal attacks...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Color me crazy but this seems a little dangerous to relive simple aches and pains, what kind of illness are we talking about here and in what way does electricity from train tracks dull that pain?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

AS one of the infamous track people, said they are fed up with being in pain and are getting relief from the currents
Like through this TENS machinewww.medic2000.com.au...

I have tried these and they work by stimulating the nerve endings and flooding the affected area with endorphines

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Did you scope the video? It makes a little sense. I mean not for curing disease but possibly relieving pain. I was shocked to see the people in the vids twitching. Why is there so much juice in those tracks?

Also.. OP why the drug reference in the header?
edit on 3-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Gotcha! Next time the arthritis flares up, just tell a cop you pay his salary and I'm sure he will taser you for free. Hell of alot safer than laying on the train tracks!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I guess when the train hits their dumb ass all their medical conditions will cease. Dead peoples health is pretty stable and don't cost much to care for.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I dunno. I'd take my chances with the tracks before I'd run the risk of getting a cop too excited.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

How are these people dumb? because they dont rely on 'other ' people ,but go out and help themselves
One day when your system breaks down ,you may find yourself doing something 'Dumb' in order to get by

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

They are used to trains. Like these people in Thailand
:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Sure. I mean, there's anecdotal evidence that some type of electric stimulation of muscles and nerves may relieve pain. That said, these people probably have no idea what the specs are on the current running through this. I confess, I don't know if these have capacitors or any sort of regulatory accessories but it's not hard to imagine a sudden surge turning these people into Soylent Green.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There is juice in the tracks due to improper grounding. It's a very typical Indonesian thing.

There is very little care or concern with how electricity operates here. You should even see some of the city fountains with lights mounted in the water. The grounding is so screwed up that touching the fountain water can give you a jolt.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Or when I took a shower in Al Udeid.

Thought there was straight acid coming out of the shower head. Nothing like an electron shower to put the mind at ease.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Ever seen the suicide showers of South America?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by Nick_X

Or when I took a shower in Al Udeid.

Thought there was straight acid coming out of the shower head. Nothing like an electron shower to put the mind at ease.

LOL.. ^ has seen the suicide showers.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You havent been to a poor Asian country have you?,Do you really think these people give a rats about how many amps they are getting.It's helping relieve their pain after other methods have failed. Not everyone can afford a personal assistant and weekly massage and pedicure.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
One of the more stupid ones I see often is this sickness they call "masuk angin" which translates to "Wind Inside" or "wind entering"...something like, wind/air has gotten into your body and made you sick.

The actual disease is something like the common cold or some other airborne, contact borne bug.

But the actual cure they believe in is Burping.

Yes, Burping.

Because burping is "keluar angin" or the air exiting - they believe that by burping, you can get the air out of your and get rid of your sickness.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Haha.. yeah well if you are going to rip on what people in third world countries believe we could go on for days.

In their defense I've seen people here that attribute sleep paralysis (which I have regularly) on a demon or ghost just as the due in south asian countries. They call it the pressing ghost I do believe.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Actually, I've been all over the world.

I was drawing a parallel in human behavior.

Was my analysis lost on you?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Yes ,maybe you need a new pen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join