It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India going to launch spacecraft in 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
India 2005 Launch

What do you think of there approach?

Do you like that more people (India & China) have joined the US and Russia in putting people in space?

oops, I meant to put this in "space exploration".

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It is definetly a step closer to the advancement in space travel I agree. The more people you have adding more funds and resources into space exploration, the quicker and better the advances will come. If the U.N. really wanted to fele important they would try to establish an international space agency to unite all the nations programs and work together.

With that much more funds collectively together, it might be feasable to establish a moon base within 20-50 years and possibly some space mining? Hey it will never happen if it doesn't begin you know.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
It is definetly a step closer to the advancement in space travel I agree. The more people you have adding more funds and resources into space exploration, the quicker and better the advances will come. If the U.N. really wanted to fele important they would try to establish an international space agency to unite all the nations programs and work together.

With that much more funds collectively together, it might be feasable to establish a moon base within 20-50 years and possibly some space mining? Hey it will never happen if it doesn't begin you know.

It may a step closer to space advancement, but it is certainly a step closer to increased poverty in India.

Don't think U.N. has already discussed about it? I assure you they have. They have much important things than that, like convincing Bush not to invade Iran.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Amazing, 300 million under the poverty line and India is more concerned of its technological standing in the world. Education, Hospitals, Aids, famine, etc, etc etc, are resources well in need of much needed funding, not launching a Indian in space. I've said this before and I'll say it again, space is not the final frontier, the inner reaches of the human condition on this planet are.

Deep

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Amazing, 300 million under the poverty line and India is more concerned of its technological standing in the world. Education, Hospitals, Aids, famine, etc, etc etc, are resources well in need of much needed funding, not launching a Indian in space. I've said this before and I'll say it again, space is not the final frontier, the inner reaches of the human condition on this planet are.

Deep

While I agree with you that this should be India's last priority right now, I disagree that space travel and exploration should take a back seat to other problems facing us right now. Indeed, I think it may be the one avenue that ends up saving us eventually.

Nothing we can do will make this planet any more habitable for the increasing population nor will we be finding vast amounts of natural resources in the future to keep our energy needs afloat. We need to start the process of extracting natural resources from asteroids, other planets, etc. and find a way for humans to branch out into the solar system. The only other option I see that could be as beneficial would be a major reduction in population through disease, famine, etc and no one wants to see that scenario happen.

There is a major risk in getting bogged down in the here and now while sacrificing the future. Take care.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If we stop caring for the present issues of AIDS, poverty, famine etc, there woudn't be any future.

I agree Space is the future, but humans should be more important than that.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroDeep

Deep

India launched its first satellite into orbit in the early 1980s, becoming the first developing country to create an indigenous space launch capability.

Link:
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join