It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If things get sh****er a civil war could come about, easily. There are many pissed off people out there -- mostly at the level of the laboring class. We do have a "trickle-down" economy -- of the type of pig-pen used in ancient China -- a three level pen with the food being poured in the top with the most going to the pig on the top level and the least going to the one on the bottom level. At the same time most of the waste goes to the bottom level from above. This is a fine example of how robber-baron capitalism works. Hell, 1% of the population controls 99% of the wealth in this nation.

The best type of revolution to have is NOT a revolution that seeks to change the type of govt. (Democratic) we now have. The only trouble with it is that the wealthy exploitive one percent has absorbed the govt. for their
advantages (one of which is the abuse of those not of the one percent) which are counter to everyone else's.
We need a rev. that gets rid of the wealthy. We need to hang one of 'em from a meathook on every traffic light in this nation! This govt. would work very well if the rich were gone. We need a socio-economic rev, and not a political one.

Handing a vast fortune to the rich as the Moron in the Oval Office wishes will not help the economy. These people are not investing the vast fortunes they already have. Why would they invest money which is the tax payer's revenue. To break this case of economic constipation it only makes sense to release money to the lowest level of society. The people in that bracket will either spend it on bills (which would put manufacturers and thus workers back into production) or on amusements (same result.)

When the rev. starts, I hope I'm still young enough to string up the last rich b@#$%rd with the intestines of the last CEO!

I live in what has appropriately been referred to as "America's Third World" -- a region of America which has been described as worse economically than that of MississippI. I know that we do not matter, but I also know that poverty, like a deadly disease, is spreading across America.

By the way, its always capitalism vs. communism. There is another type of economy which would eliminate poverty, greed, crime, the status of rich and poor, etc. But I'll explain that one another time.

REMEMBER: The systematic extermination of the rich is the only answer to our fiscal woes.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Man! Calm down! What you are talking about is what happened in Russia at the turn of the century. I admit that we need to get rid of the rich but death is not the way. We cannot be violent. Look at what has happened all through this century and all of the violence in it. This was supposed to be the century of peace, but look where it has gone. We must start the new century and the new millenium with PEACE, not a bloodbath. And it is possible. It has been done in africa and it has been done in south africa. If we resort to violence, our oppresors could make themselves look like the victims and that would be worse than imaginable.

What would you rather see: These CEOs dead, or them toiling beside you, humbled? The killings give you a temporary rush but it is lasting satisfaction to see some corporate fatcat toiling in a factory.

XAOS

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Question - What documentation can you produce to confirm your contention that 1% of the population controls 99% of the wealth. Also just who are these people who are so upset about the way things are going in this country? Have you ever thought that the reason that so few people seem to control the wealth is that those are the ones who actually put their a**es on the line to get somewhere. Remember that geek in high school you hated because he studied and got A's in math and science. Well he went on to college and spent four to five years to become an engineer. Now he is working for a company designning better and faster computers. Now you are pissed because he is making big bucks while you are still drawing minimum wage. Well that guy paid his dues. He spent some of his precious time and money to learn something. Now he expects to be compensated. Those CEO's you complain about, a lot of them put their financial fannies on the line to get where they are now. Yours truly knew a couple of these guys. One sold his company for a cool 30 million before he retired (at 45). Well when he started that company, he mortgaged everything. Had that company failed, he would have lost his house and about every thing else he owned. The point is that he put his financial a** on the line when he started his company and worked long hours to make it go when he could have been home watching the NBA.

Here's a list of names for you: Armen Condo, Bob Schulz (We the People Foundation), Rose Lear, Devy Kidd, Joe Banister, Red Beckman, Greg Dixon, Chris Hansen (www.familyguardian.tzo.com...). Well these guys have been out there for years (some probably before you were born) putting their fannies on the line struggling to push back government encroachments on our freedoms. Search the web and see what they have to say.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i'd agree with ya jag, if wealth was what i saw after. . .

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
In todays day and age it would be pretty difficult to overthrow the government. Me personally, I like things the way they are. It's not perfect, but spend some time living in Mexico City or some other crap hole.

But I digress, excuse me. With the current surveillance technology, weapons technology, the quantity of FBI (which just added thousands), police, etc. I just don't see it happening.

Best thing to do is for you to move to Canada if you don't like it here, because basically, if you did happen to get through all that great stuff, and you still persisted to overthrow our government, I would do my best to kill you dead. And thats because I love this country and swore an oath to protect her from all enemies, foreign or domestic.

So no, I don't think it can be done in my lifetime.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

What if the domestic enemy was a tyranical president that cancels an election because it looks like he's losing & then declares martial law?

No trying to insult your Devotion, but Bush is a Pekkerhead!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

Well said and +1.

Why hate somebody for being successful? Weren't we all raised and taught to be all that we could be and we could achieve anything? It isn't going to be handed to you, get up and work for it.

I can understand wanting to get 5 minutes alone with some CEO's like the Enron guys, but not all rich people are bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join