It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice needed about digital cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I live in a rather rural area with low light pollution, and i need advice about purchasing a new digital video recorder. i need one that can take photos, elapsed time exposure, video recording, excellent for night views, and space exploration . i'm not a rich man, and don't need anything too pricey. i just need help heading in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

For night shots, generally the bigger the collector the better. That's why I would try to get a DSLR camera with HD video capabilities if you can find one that fits your budget. Image stabilization is a definite plus for long exposures.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

If you see any UFO's wave your arm wildly around when filming. I use a Sony handycam. For the price you really can't beat the quality. There are some flaws with it but if your just starting out I would stick to a moderate range camera. There is a lot to learn about filming and while your learning with your modest camera you can save for a nice one =).

Don't forget a nice tripod and video editing software. If I could go back in time i'd get me a nice tripod and a nice editing software and start with a modest camera. You'll learn a lot by just using footage you took.

Hope that helped =)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I use a Nikon D5000. It has image stabilization, but if mounted for wide angle shots with long exposure I've never needed it.

In fact, the only time I've used it is when I'm taking pictures on horse back. I dropped it, with the stock lens, off the horse. Took the beating and is still working great a year later.

I have no idea how much most of it cost - it was a gift from my wife for our wedding, so I dare to ask or look.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
thanks for the input so far. i checked out some of those DSLR cameras with HD video capabilities, and as much as i would love to have one i might have to save up a bit. i was actually just looking at that nikon camera. very nice.

new topics

top topics

join