It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get some smiley love? Additional smileys?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have been a member on ATS for some time now, and I have always wondered, why the limitation on smileys? I frequent other forums that have a wider selection of smileys showing more emotion. Is it possible to get some additional emotional smileys added to the site smiley selection?

Come on SO hook the good people of ATS up with a wider selection of some quality smileys, maybe with some color and added emotions!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I want a smiley face that explodes and creates a universe.

link   
This is done primarily on most sites to limit the amount of "out there" content on a site. In ATS's case there are what are considered the "ATS" smileys and what we used to call "BTS" smileys.

Most other sites completely flood their sites with smileys for people to use, but then again...smileys in general are easy to abuse, and easier to use. The net result I think here is that the administration and moderator teams here don't want to have to worry about modding "children."

link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

We can still use these ones if you know the BB codes:

:w:
:shk:
:bash::bnghd:

BTW, this isn't the first thread about this; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Figures!
Well if it is meant to be then it is meant to be, and if it isn't well.....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A Guide To BB Code On ATS

The above link will give you the BB Code for all available ATS Emoticons (The BTS emoticons didn't make it through the ATS 2010 transition but can still be used manually).

As far as getting more? I personally wouldn't want it as I more enjoy reading well thought out compositions rather than leaving my interpretation up to an emoticon...but that is certainly just me...

new topics

top topics

join