It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Turning: An American Prophecy Page 273

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

An impasse over the federal budget reaches a stalemate. The president and Congress both refuse to back down, triggering a near-total government shutdown. The president declares emergency powers. Congress rescinds his authority. Dollar and bond prices plummet. The president threatens to stop Social Security checks. Congress refuses to raise the debt ceiling. Default looms. Wall Street panics.

Has anyone read the book "The Fourth Turning: An American Prophecy" where apparently it says the above on page 273?

The above event is one that apparently precedes the next crisis of which the authors define as The Fourth Turning....

The Fourth Turning is history's great discontinuity. It ends one epoch and begins another.

Quite fascinating given recent events in the US over the debt ceiling impasse and I might add that I think the book reveals elsewhere (according to a review I was reading) that there would be efforts to avert crisis but would prove futile.

Also interesting is that this book was written back in 1997.

I was initially drawn to read up a little about it from a post by bluesma who referred to the book in the Obama and debt ceiling agreement thread here on this forum. I offer a couple of links where I was just reading about it below.

The Fourth Turning: What Does It Tell Us About The Future?

The Fourth Turning: An American Prophecy - What the Cycles of History Tell Us About America's Next Rendezvous with Destiny: Amazon Books

A Truly Amazing Prophecy……..Coming To Pass……..As We Speak!

So anyone read the book? Anyone see some possible correlation between events in recent weeks to avert a financial crisis and the next coming crisis as predicted in this book?

It honestly would not surprise me in the least, seriously. Even if that bill is passed, there remains the risk of downgrade by the rating agencies, not to mention increased growing debt upon debt. A downgrade of course, or even the threat of one, will have congress scrambling yet again to introduce cuts that actually have significance, unlike what passed for cuts earlier today (AEST).

And the financial and economic woes are not just confined to the US, as we witness the crisis continue to unfold in the Eurozone and general economic troubles beginning to emerge, or already simmering, elsewhere around the world.

Time will tell of course, but there is something quite eerily coincidental and ominous developing across the global financial and economic landscape today that seems like history may well be in the making.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So how does the book end?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

ya do tell, how does the book end?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Why don't you click on the link and go see for yourself? Then you come back and make a report.
How about that?

Actually, it ends in DOOM. Or rather several possibilities of your garden variety dooms, all mostly indicating the U.S. is rotting from the inside out.

Then, of course, there is the promise to be better, provided we all change our ways.

It's interesting though, and worth the read. It explains the different generations of "types", and how they react to the way they were raised, and affect changes when they come into their own. Hope this sheds a little light, O lazy ones.

edit on 8/1/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

There is a lot to read these days, I did have a quick look but could not find what I was looking for. Since the OP has read it I would like to hear from them before deciding if to invest the time. Just seamed like a good use of resources.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

An impasse over the federal budget reaches a stalemate. The president and Congress both refuse to back down, triggering a near-total government shutdown. The president declares emergency powers. Congress rescinds his authority. Dollar and bond prices plummet. The president threatens to stop Social Security checks. Congress refuses to raise the debt ceiling. Default looms. Wall Street panics

You know, this scenario still could happen. It's not over yet. Obama could veto what is put before him, and Congress could try to rescind his powers. We are not out of the woods yet, folks.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Yes, agree and not only that, but if the rating agencies threaten a downgrade citing insufficient cuts, even with the debt ceiling raised, then Congress will again be scrambling to introduce a bill with austerity being priority. You only have to pause for a moment and consider the contention this will generate if they can barely agree on the piddling cuts we have seen to date. It could send Congress into a deadlock seldom seen in the past.

Btw I mentioned in the OP that I have NOT read the book which is why I was inviting contributing comments.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The part about rescinding presidential powers reminded me of the impeachment talk if Obama invokes the 14th amendment.

I hadn't heard of this text before - thank you. It should be interesting to compare the fallout to its prophecy.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
it's not prophecy. some people have the ability to see and perceive the end result of the current system as it was built and designed.

they see the totality of the path the financial system is on. while now they argue of debt ceiling, the outcome will change the course.

the problem is congress, since they control the purse. the president sits for a max. of 8 years then retires and basically doesn't give a sh-t.

while congress members have no term limits. its their duty to manage the budget.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Revelation 13:18 is a prophecy about the final U.S. Government! In my studied opinion I believe that we have a 30 year Bush Senior White House under the Vatican. Do you remember that he promised us many times a New World Order? By the way, it will be Christian as in Catholic! B.O. like the others were put in. He is a scapegoat for the final "dirty work"! At any time we can be suddenly in a Nazi style pogram! Search: "Bush Nazi Family Connections". Get your funds into CASH, have emergency supplies, and read your Bible.
The BIBLE = Best Instructions Before Leaving Earth!
Be sealed in the Names of the Father and Son (Yahweh and Yahshua), Revelation 14:1 to survive what is coming and live forever! Do this by praying to Yahweh NOW asking to believe in Yahshua for your salvation!
Yes, it's that easy ~ but most won't do it! The #666 (Jesus Christ in Greek) seems much more easy and popular especially when government orders it! Yahshua is returning SOON and no NWO can stop Him!
Halleluyah! (Ancient Hebrew word means "Praise ye Yah".)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Yahshua

ye Yah,, a heck its YEEEEHAAAAWWWW,, there i said it,,, its what slaves say when there set free.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is one of my all time favorite books, and I just went and read it for the third time.

For those who haven't read it, but would like to get more insight into it, here's a site by the authors that is interesting:

www.fourthturning.com...

It doesn't end in doom, I think. It foretells of a change, and according to the outline they gave years ago, we have been passing through the Crisis stage, and within the next five years, a Climax stage, which they say means some sort of really traumatic and unimaginable events that could potentially destroy the country, or if we make it through successfully, cause us to re-make our society from the roots up. They pointed out that could mean a Wold War, in which nuclear weapons are deployed, a huge environmental catastrophy which is a disaster with far reaching effects, a virus which wipes out much of the population, a bloody revolution........in any case, they said, it will be something that no one imagined would actually REALLY happen (except us ATSers I think!
)

But if you read it, you really get a sense of the continuation of mankind and history in spirals or cycles- it would not be the end of the world, no more than WW1 was the end of the world...except that it seemed so for the people that were living through it- just as it might seem so to us as we approach and live through it.

Then our children shall re-build, and their grandchildren will one day start to object to the institutions and values they built, and a new cycle of Awakening shall begin, just like in the late sixties and the seventies, when the Prophet hippies began a cultural revolution, and it all starts again. If I live to be 100, I shall see us heading towards the next Crisis of the the next Fourth Turning!

I think it offers a useful overview that allows a bit more objectivity, which can be useful at this time, especially if they are right and we are headed for very hard times.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Thanks for that, the cycles part does make a lot of sense and it does look like they have a through understanding of history which helps a lot. It does look like things are eventually coming to a head with all this corruption in the economy, drugs and 9/11, just a matter of which way it all goes. It is good to hear that some common sense final prevails.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I stand corrected, I didn't clearly articulate in my post that I hadn't read the book. Anyway some interesting responses above, appreciate it. I certainly agree the book from what I understand of it, has merit given the times we live in and events. The global economy appears to be slowing (with exceptions and not to mention imbalances) and this together with a number of events simultaneously occurring such as increased wars, severe weather events and so on, appear to be culminating.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 2-8-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: surrealist
Well ...

Well Well ...

edit on 8-8-2020 by TheKestrel04 because: added second video

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKestrel04

How about that...

top topics

join