It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The damning of Tony Blair: Former PM to be held to account on Iraq in Chilcot report on war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well now after the years of open, inquiries into the Iraq war, now we finally have the Chilcot inquiry finally criticizing Tony Blair over his actions for going to war with the USA, against Iraq. My questions is does anyone really think Tony Blair will be bothered about the criticisms. Will he respond to them, or will the Government try and force Those involved in the Chilcot Inquiry to waterdown their criticisms.

I for one would like not to see him tried for War Crimes. But I do not think we will get to see that.

Tony Blair is to face scathing criticism from the official inquiry into the Iraq War for the role he played in leading Britain into one of its biggest foreign policy fiascos in modern history.

The Mail on Sunday has been told that the former Prime Minister will be held to account on four main failings:

Bogus claims that were made about Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction.

Not telling the British public about his secret pledge with George Bush to go to war.

Keeping the Cabinet in the dark by his ‘sofa government’ style.

Failing to plan to avoid the post-war chaos in Iraq.

Daily Mail

Another link:

The Guardian
edit on 31-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: To add links

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

My questions is does anyone really think Tony Blair will be bothered about the criticisms.

Yes, he may be bothered by it, but no, he's more less a patsy now. We got what we wanted.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I don't live in either the UK or the US. However Blair and Bush saw to it that other countries joined that madness. We all heard Blair sidestep his responsibility in that scenario by avoiding to answer direct questions. He deflected and played the innocent choir boy. I do hope the UK comes down hard on such leaders that play loose with the lives of others. Until they send in their own children to the battlefield with the troops, we should stop buying into their propaganda.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I would really like to see him tried for war crimes, but I am not sure, at this stage, what purpose that would serve. Given the recent interview he did with the BBC, I say recent, a month or so back, about his peace mission to Palestine and Israel, he showed the beginnings of contrition. I suspect therefore that he has known since at least then that he was going to be criticised in the report.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Im wondering if he is exempt from prosecution in the UK. I need to search see if Ex Prime Ministers are or are not.

He wont bother about it any ways he has his millions.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Oks I just searched, it seem he could face trail at a International court such as the UN, but it would not happen in the England or Wales, but might be able to take place in Scotland.

As to the UN Court would not probably see the light of day since the UK and the USA could block it by using their veto.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I also found this article, dont know if it is true or not.

TONY Blair’s sister-in-law has called for the former Prime Minister to be tried for war crimes over Iraq.

Lauren Booth, a recent convert to Islam, says the 2003 invasion was illegal and Mr Blair should be held to account.

Asked if he should be ­arrested, she ­said: ­“Absolutely. He ­misled the British people and went to war on a lie.

If this is true even members of his family, are saying he should face trial,

Mirro r

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

i'd be happy if the USA would get out of Iraq and stop raping that country.

an honest trial, maybe after he's dead.

there is no justice in this world of the living.

the criminals are in charge of the system unfortunately.

top topics

join