It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to solve debt crisis? Poor people in office! Kidding...or am I?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yes, poor people. Elect the poorest, most helpless and homeless people we can. In fact, lets not even elect them. Appoint them! Theyre not doing anything!

Bring me your poor, your tired, your hungry. Bring me your crackheads, your trick-turnin hoes, your alcoholic deadbeat fathers.

Who else knows how to survive a debt crisis than the people who are in lifelong, soul crushing debt?
My entire LIFE is a debt crisis!

People in suits cant get us out of debt! Suits PUT us in debt!

Why are we watching all these rich people talk about debt like they know what debt is. Debt is eating mac and cheese for a month. Debt is Evan Williams whiskey. Debt is riding busses and trains around town. Debt is your electricity being turned off. Debt is never answering your phone because it may be a bill collector.

I guarantee if we put poor people in office we'd either be out of debt or at least convince our creditors that the check is in the mail.

Does China charge late fees for late payments?
edit on 30-7-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I don't agree in electing poor for poor's sake, but sometimes I think if they elected one of these good coupon moms or someone more like me that can stretch a dollar a mile in every direction, that we'd be better off....or better yet, someone like my sister who not only makes pennies scream but who should have been a professional organizer but instead worked at a mill every day - she doesn't have any ambition for herself really - she always just wanted to be able to take care of her family.

We definitely someone that loves kids - not just their own - but who also respects the ways of others.

But your average blue collar or small business owner wouldn't have a chance of getting elected. It takes a LOT of money it seems, and the average person tends to think richest=most able. I think that last part is the problem. In my personal life, I know several millionaires and all but one of them got there by doing illegal things sometime back in the past, the one that didn't - he got his start when someone died and left him a lot of money.

I don't know if it is even possible to amass the sort of wealth it takes to be president by being an honest, everyday person short of luck or a lot of help. I wouldn't mind having a lucky president but the 'lot of help' presidents are a problem because of who is helping them.
edit on 30-7-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It's funny but you may have something of a point, believe it or not. Those at the bottom have generally been the most intolerant and impatient people I've known toward others who are lazy or just won't carry their own weight......after they've recovered from their own personal crash. It's interesting...but with the possible exception of vets in office, where we never really hear before their military service either way anyway, I can't think of anyone up there who really has a background of hardship. Not in the true sense of really not knowing where the next meal is coming from...or what DAY it may come.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Can we ship the rich ones off to the moon?

I mean, they have a lot of money, so they should be fine.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We already have deadbeat dads in office. It doesn't seem to be changing anything.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Ultimately the way the government was supposed to be organized and envisioned in ancient Greece is that you would have poor folks in the government. It was never intended for government service to become a profession. It would be assumed that folks actually had a life and would go from that life, represent their neighbors for a bit and then return to that life. How far we've come

The make-up of today's political class is utterly unrepresentative of the country it governs, which is a serious part of the problem.

Were you to see a raft of poor folks in congress, I think you would actually get serious entitlement reform.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Congress is meant to be of the people, for the people, by the people. it is not by a far margin. Obama and his professional politicians, that can understand aspects of frivolous spending we as common citizens cannot, are no more than a dishonest used car salesmen.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Great suggestion! Really...

They may not know how to run the country... But im sure they know they cant spend what they dont have... I know im in the same boat... If i dont have the money... I cant buy it... Theres tons of things I need to get my garden up to the way I want it done... but I cant sadly, even though IMO its a necessity... it just cant be done without the funds...

What is with this "need" of being the Top country in the world?? Its turning us into the bottom country very fast... We need to realize now is the time to run with our tail between our legs and try to rebuild the best we can...

"Saving Face" is one of the worst excuses EVER! Its time to admit the we are wrong about the illegal wars, citizen/world surveillance and all the other costly crap that produces nothing but a tattle tale society...

top topics

join