It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C/2010-X1 (ELENIN), past and future alignments resulting in EQ events

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I read numerous posts and reports on ELENIN (C/2010-X1) and I have a few questions regarding this comet, the earthquakes we've seen when it aligns with the earth and sun, and its size. Using the JPL plotter, you can clearly see that during these following major EQ events that Elenin is directly lined up with the earth and sun. Furthermore, it is of some concern that on 9/27/2011 that we will be aligned again but at a much smaller distance (0.38AU) with the "comet".

My question is this.. How is it possible that a comet of 1-5km could have such a gravitational impact on our planet so much so as to cause 2 ~9.0 EQ events in the past year and one ~7.0? I would naturally conclude that the size of this comet is drastically underestimated or that it is not a comet at all.

I've uploaded the 3 past alignments and 1 future aligmnent to the following location and it is worthwhile taking a look as it relates to this discussion. It validates my point that this comet is causing seismic activity on earth.

Chile:

Christ Church:

Japan:

Next alignment (9-27-2011):

edit on 29-7-2011 by brigand because: date corrected

edit on 29-7-2011 by brigand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by brigand

Sept, not Oct.

Maybe edit that while you can.

Yes, this isnt new news. I await this date plus a few before it.

This document has supposedly been debunked but have a read anyway for the mere sake of appreciating someones effort, and it is interesting, true or not.

As I have stated too previously, and it is an unarguable fact, that is, we know very little about the universe and the relations between objects. There has been a recent discovery called 'Magnetic Ropes' that connect the Sun to Earth...and I would suspect every other planet in some way or another, to lesser effect.

What if the relation isn't gravity based relation? What if its something we've not considered?

Either way, this thread will go the way the rest do.

Peace and Love

Mitak.
edit on 29-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by brigand

Sept, not Oct.

This document has supposedly been debunked but have a read anyway for the mere sake of appreciating someones effort, and it is interesting, true or not.

Thank you for the heads up on the date, its early and I'm on my first cup of coffee

I also read that article you linked and didn't give it much credit.. This document however is what I've based this discussion on: arxiv.org... (Astronomical alignments as the cause of ~M6+ seismicity by
Mensur Omerbashich)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brigand

Yeh, I've read that one too. Very interesting.

Only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I realize this has been discussed at length, but quite honestly, it hasn't been discussed enough. If this thing can cause huge EQs from such a great distance (6AU) one has to wonder how it will impact us at 0.38AU. Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by brigand

I realize this has been discussed at length, but quite honestly, it hasn't been discussed enough. If this thing can cause huge EQs from such a great distance (6AU) one has to wonder how it will impact us at 0.38AU. Food for thought.

It has been discussed more than enough. It's not a problem, it's a comet. It's not causing earthquakes.

IF it was doing anything magentic/gravitational then we would be more affected now that we have both 'it' and the Sun on the same side of us and 'it' being even more close. We should be getting pulled towards their median point. Basic physics.

We are not being affected right now, so what does that tell you? Use logic and common sense.

Why can't people accept that? Why?

st.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't feel that the long article was debunked. Considering the scanty info available I think it's pretty good and allows me to make some decisions. Just what I was looking for. I'm satisfied, but will continue to keep updated.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

It has been discussed more than enough. It's not a problem, it's a comet. It's not causing earthquakes.

IF it was doing anything magentic/gravitational then we would be more affected now that we have both 'it' and the Sun on the same side of us and 'it' being even more close. We should be getting pulled towards their median point. Basic physics.

We are not being affected right now, so what does that tell you? Use logic and common sense.

Why can't people accept that? Why?

st.

Its not affecting us right now because we aren't aligned with it.. The fact that nothing is happening now doesn't hurt the argument that it is impacting us, it helps it. How do you explain the Major EQ events associated with it lining up with the Sun and Earth? Was it just dumb luck it happened to line up on all 3 EQs I mentioned? These weren't minor quakes.. Each and every time it has lined up with us, we have felt the impact..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Its not affecting us right now because we aren't aligned with it..

Oh dear. Major mistake on your part. Two objects are ALWAYS in alignment, always.

The fact that nothing is happening now doesn't hurt the argument that it is impacting us, it helps it.

It HELPS it?
What sort of crazy logic is that?

How do you explain the Major EQ events associated with it lining up with the Sun and Earth?

EQs happen all the time. Are you sure there is an alignment?

Was it just dumb luck it happened to line up on all 3 EQs I mentioned? These weren't minor quakes..

Maybe. Or maybe there was another reason.

Each and every time it has lined up with us, we have felt the impact..

As I said before, it is closer now, we are always aligned with it. It is not affecting us, zero ziltch nothing. In addition to that, one of the Stereo satellites is even closer to it than us, yet it is fully operational. No affect on it. How do you account for that?

Clearly, for some crazy reason, you want a doom and gloom situation. You are refusing to see simple logic. Why?

st.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by brigand

Thanks for the data share...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Stereo B is up and running? We should have some stunning pictures of Elenin.

Can't wait.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Stereo B is up and running? We should have some stunning pictures of Elenin.

Can't wait.

Yeah, spot the white pixels!

st.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Its not affecting us right now because we aren't aligned with it..

Oh dear. Major mistake on your part. Two objects are ALWAYS in alignment, always.

There you go again, changing my argument and then defeating it.. good job.

Yes, two objects are always aligned.. thanks for the keen observation..

However THREE objects (namely, earth, sun, elenin) do NOT align very often and when they do.. we have major quakes..

I absolutely want nothing to happen, i have a family and that is why I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

However THREE objects (namely, earth, sun, elenin) do NOT align very often and when they do.. we have major quakes..

I absolutely want nothing to happen, i have a family and that is why I'm concerned.

I didn't change anything you said. I simply quoted you exactly and replied to it. You said 'we' are not in alignment with it. But we are. Simple as that. Now YOU are the one changing things. Bad job.

Three objects align quite often in our solar system, there are plenty of planets that align with us and the sun, earth quakes happen on those days as well.

I've given you perfectly logical responses. Yet you don't want to listen. You want it to be a doom and gloom scenario.

st.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm fascinated by an earthquake prediction. The Elenin object never thrilled me until it was used to predict the 9 in Japan. It (the Elenin) is close to the orbital plane and so creates a lot of alignments and a lot of earthquakes. I, too, have a serious problem with a comet causing an earthquake - causing passover etc. yes by the wake of its' tail - but earthquakes, old school, need something far more massive. I'm looking for the object that spawned Elenin which apparently would be in a similar or even closer alignment to the orbital plane. Anyway, good thread and I'm looking forward to everyone's input.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I didn't change anything you said. I simply quoted you exactly and replied to it. You said 'we' are not in alignment with it. But we are. Simple as that. Now YOU are the one changing things. Bad job.

Three objects align quite often in our solar system, there are plenty of planets that align with us and the sun, earth quakes happen on those days as well.

I've given you perfectly logical responses. Yet you don't want to listen. You want it to be a doom and gloom scenario.

st.

You know damn well what i meant when i said alignment.. I linked 4 pictures showing alignment of THREE OBJECTS not two.. so when you say that two things are always aligned it showed me you didn't look at the images, didn't understand what I was talking about, or simply straw manning my argument.. either way, please explain the correlation between alignments (read: earth, sun, elenin in any order) and massive earthquakes.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It got nothing to do with gravity.
Its funny but I understood perfectly what was stated when the OP said that we were not currently aligned with it.
At any rate this is an effect of gravity it is an effect of electromagnetic coupling. Those so called "magnetic ropes" are plasma currents and they do indeed connect all bodies in the solar system with the sun. Comets included.
Google "thunderbolts of the gods" or "Electric Universe" and do the reading.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by brigand

Sept, not Oct.

Thank you for the heads up on the date, its early and I'm on my first cup of coffee

I also read that article you linked and didn't give it much credit.. This document however is what I've based this discussion on: arxiv.org... (Astronomical alignments as the cause of ~M6+ seismicity by
Mensur Omerbashich)

What do you make of this video i found a few days ago?

youtu.be...

It contains one of the links you mention above.
Very interesting IMO.
This alignment thing makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You know damn well what i meant when i said alignment.. I linked 4 pictures showing alignment of THREE OBJECTS not two.. so when you say that two things are always aligned it showed me you didn't look at the images, didn't understand what I was talking about, or simply straw manning my argument.. either way, please explain the correlation between alignments (read: earth, sun, elenin in any order) and massive earthquakes.

I don't know 'damn well' what you are on about, because you are deliberately avoid logic and common sense.

I looked at the pics, but you need to look in all dimensions, space is a 3D area, alignments should happen in full 3D space, not just from your viewing perspective. When I said two things are always aligned, they are, it was in response to you saying 'we are not aligned with [elenin]'.

I do not understand your logic, your apparent lack of common sense. Nothing is happening to us now. Elenin is not causing any problems, it is not going to cause any problems.

There is no correlation.

st.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i see it as if one draws a datum line between the two , could there be a positive and negative side. thus flip flop effect being hard on the earth somehow, as the third member swings accross that line?

edit on 29-7-2011 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join