It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Meltdown Predictions Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
In this thread, I want to collect information about all the people who are talking about the inevitable crash of the US and/or world economy happening in late July/early August. These are the ones I have remembered off the top of my head so far, and I may post more as soon as I remember or find others. When you post these people, make sure you that you provide at least one link to back up any claims you make.

Ron Paul:

David Wilcock:

July 22, 2011 Blog Post

What I'm hearing from various insider sources is that we are very, very close to a complete reboot of the world's financial system. China, Russia, Brazil, India, South Africa and other nations have allied for this common cause.

As the Old World Order clings to the very last threads of financial and worldly power, they are now putting out dire-sounding warnings about "global economic collapse," "financial armageddon," et cetera that will occur if the US doesn't go even more into debt.

For months now I've been hearing they plan to have everything come to a head in August, and now I see media evidence that these rumors were accurate.

Carl Johan Calleman:

Beginning of the 4th Night of the 9th Wave

A couple of months ago I expressed my expectation that the Fifth day, beginning on July 31, 2011, will bring a global economic collapse, which would be the start of this end time scenario. What is going on now in this regard is that the European banks is still trying to find a solution for the Greek debt crisis by the end of July and a few days later, August 2, the decision will be made in the US whether to raise the lending ceiling or not. Meanwhile, increasing focus is placed on Italy, whose national debt in relationship to its GDP is almost as high (120%) as that of Greece (140%), but whose economy is seven times larger with correspondingly much larger potential consequences of a default on debt payments. A very delicate situation is thus already arising at the beginning of the fifth day and it remains to be seen if more money can be printed to avert a collapse.

Anonymous Trader:

The $1 Billion Armageddon Trade

The value of the trade was about $850 million dollars. In simple terms, if that was a direct bond buy, no one would be talking about it.

However, with the use of futures, you have to have margin capacity behind the trade. That means with a single push of a button someone was willing to commit more than $1 billion of real capital to this trade with expectations of a 10-to-1 return ratio.

You only do this if you see an edge.

I have been hearing about the collapse of the US for a very long time now, but hearing so much hype on the news combined with various individuals speaking of it makes me really think something is going to happen in late July/early August.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I have a prediction.
*waves arm*
It's much ado about nothing. (nod to Shakespeare)
Life will go on.
People will still work.
I will try to get that job of a back up dancer for Lady Gaga.
Politicians make noise. (like my father-in-law after eating at Red Lobster)
But default or not, we're still going to have to hope for zombies, Nirubu, or greys for the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

life will go on and the country will still protect itself but i predict the first signs of collapse around thanksgiving and then we all have a crappy christmas wondering how we are going to afford to eat and put gas in our cars.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theviruskennewick
reply to post by beezzer

life will go on and the country will still protect itself but i predict the first signs of collapse around thanksgiving and then we all have a crappy christmas wondering how we are going to afford to eat and put gas in our cars.

Nawww. And I'll tell you why.
The first, primary, most singular function of a politician is to get re-elected.

Ain't no-one no-how, gunna get re-elected if gas/food goes up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Then better start buying Christmas presents now, so you will have them later on. I was at K-mart last week, and bought some that were already marked way down, and then the announcement came on saying they were half off of that. What would have cost anywhere between $8 - $15 was more like $1.99 each. My kids pointed out what they wanted, and I nabbed them. I'm hopping they will forget what they saw me put in the cart.

I was at the right place at the right time.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Are you saying you can still do both? You are LUCKY! After reading all the hardships here at ATS the past couple days, you are still ahead of many people here.

If we make it towards the holidays, I don't think many will be having much of one. Sadly....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This isn't so much about just the Financial Meltdown, but I found the blog post interesting because it talks about a post-capitalistic world, with what I feel are very insightful comments. From what I've gathered from other of their posts they look at things as a psychologist, but as a geopolitics student I can see they have training in economics and government, likely a minor or secondary undergraduate major. I don't know their name, but I'll submit it since it sounds like something you were looking for.

Bear Market Issues: The End of the World as We Know It

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
James Turk - James Turk Gold 8000 Hyperinflation a 100% sure thing.

new topics

top topics

join