It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple clouds over Western Washington 7/26/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's taken me a few days to get around to asking this question but did anyone in western Washington area notice purple clouds between 12-1 am? I'm in Auburn Washington and I stepped out for a smoke a little before 1 am and noticed that clouds covered a good 90% of the sky. Then I noticed the clouds looked to be light purple, it didn't matter which direction I looked. One of my neighbors was also outside having a smoke if he noticed the same thing. He said yes and was glad I was also seeing it, he then said "The sky looks damn weird tonight." He then put out his smoke and went inside. So did anyone else in western Washington notice strange skies on the night/morning of the 26th?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Are you sure it's not a light effect of some sort?
At 1am clouds usually are pretty dark

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They sound like noctilucent clouds to me an aurora caused by the solar activity
edit on 28-7-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

www.spaceweather.com...

go here and scroll half down sorry i dont know how to embed and stuff lol

edit on 28-7-2011 by AllUrChips because: add link

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm in West Seattle and I haven't noticed anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
red and blue still makes purple doesn't it?
blue sky, red light coming from the sun?
mixing in the clouds?

I don't mean to be facetious but I see purple clouds all the time ♥

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Would noctilucent clouds be the case in thick cloud cover? All the picture I've seen of them it was partly cloudy and thin clouds.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
red and blue still makes purple doesn't it?
blue sky, red light coming from the sun?
mixing in the clouds?

I don't mean to be facetious but I see purple clouds all the time ♥

I'm generally out there at the same time every night for the last 3 years and I've never seen this. Not to mention my neighbor was unnerved by it and went inside made me decide to post.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I would be inclined to say thunderstorm clouds as they are usually purple here in the northwest when we see a Tstorm which is very rare round these parts and there hasn't been one for like 2-3 weeks (the first of the season btw).

probably some kind of light reflection but I know what you mean, I used to see purple clouds here too. frequently.
Vancouver B.C

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
reply to post by AllUrChips

Would noctilucent clouds be the case in thick cloud cover? All the picture I've seen of them it was partly cloudy and thin clouds.

possibly I didnt see thick cloud cover I thought you said clouds covered 90 pct of the sky? Anyhow the "light" has to be coming fom somewhere and I dont think the sun would still be out at 1 am but Idk just my two pennies

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
we had something like that down here in turkey a 7-8 years back. it happened a few hours before sunset and me and bro's wife freaked out but it was an eye sight nonetheless. it's a completely natural phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

join