It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things are getting bad.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

I brought my fishing pole with me and ate fish for supper

What happens when you need more line on your pole, or you run out of hooks....or the whole damn pole breaks?

You "enlighten" people really crack me up.

Not even on the same planet

I prefer to live a little....Not be an enlightened bum....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by patternfinder

I brought my fishing pole with me and ate fish for supper

What happens when you need more line on your pole, or you run out of hooks....or the whole damn pole breaks?

You "enlighten" people really crack me up.

Not even on the same planet

I prefer to live a little....Not be an enlightened bum....

let me tell you something, i would call you a dirtbag, but i won't.....I was homeless through no fault of my own....i wasn't going to stand on some damn street corner begging for money.....i did the best i could under a situation that seemed hopeless and i made it through.....do you understand that? I ate fish!!!!! that's what i did....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by pikestaff

Mass upsrisings is what the Elites might actually want. Easier to enforce martial law that way.

So be it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

Hello.. I am new here and not quite sure what I am doing yet, so please bear with me! I totally agree that things are getting horrible, and have a couple of ideas on how SOME things could be "fixed"... FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
1: Cut out all food stamp programs for the summer months and supply vegetable seeds and an empty lot to grow them. Pre packaged meat portions, milk, and rice and beans available at food banks. Have a place where people can dehydrate or learn how to do canning for the winter month storage. Make people accountable. If they can work and choose not to, they don’t get any benefits at all including food bank. If they still want services from the food bank, they can volunteer 40 hours a week and receive their portion until they get a job.
2: Cut out interpreters. People in the US can speak English. If they cannot, I’m sure they have their own interpreter.
3: Cut out medical aide that covers emergency room visits unless it is truly an emergency. No more taking a child to the hospital for treatment of the common cold because they are too lazy to make a doctors appt during normal business hours.
4: Cut the ridiculous government spending on non essential items. I mean seriously, why are some of these even there in the first place? If you want to go out on a limb like the government has been, legalize drugs and use the revenue that is going to street gangs and violence right now.
5: Make people accountable for their actions. If someone is caught stealing, cut off their hand, hang them, or equivalent. They would not do it again. This worked in the Old West, didn’t it?
6: The “feel sorry tax, guilt tax” has got to go. Quit enabling and making excuses. Do what you need to do to survive and take care of your own family, as long as it is legal and moral. Don’t worry so much about the other guy, they have their own problems.
7: Families need to take care of their elders. Government run nursing homes are a waste of money. Unless the person is in real need of medical care, they should remain at home and be taken care of by a family member.
8: Make it easier, a portion of what any home- owner grows for food to the food banks. If they cannot supply, they can’t own. This goes for every person, not rich, not poor, but all. This would eliminate the food stamp program. Cut out the EPA. They have too much control already, as does the FDA. Most people cannot purchase the chemicals that cause enough harm to matter, and people need to learn how to respect the land again and become self sufficient.
9: Control your children and teach them right from wrong, and teach them work ethics. This includes actually going to school AND learning at home. Don’t blame teachers for your child’s lack of ethics, it is YOUR ultimate responsibility. This goes for ALL races.
10: Live a little bit more simply. Do you really need a $500K home? A $60K car? Just because it looks good doesn’t mean it is essential. Walk more, ride a bike. Quit eating out so much and prepare your meals at home.

These are just my views, and I don't expect everyone to agree with them

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

These all apply to "the little guy." Why is it that people go after this kind of stuff before, say, the Military–industrial complex or corporate welfare or tax breaks for the exorbitantly rich? Yes, I caught where you specified that you were only addressing "SOME" of the issues. But again, you chose to tackle issues as they relate to the lower classes.

Many poor people are working poor people. The rich get to enjoy the fruits of capitalism. But capitalism demands a lower class. There has to be people at the bottom. One could say that the wealthy obtain their wealth on the backs of the working poor. The HIlton's don't work nearly as hard as the housekeepers, cooks, and maintenance personnel that keep their hotels running. But when those people can't support their families, they're # out of luck. It's their fault for not going to college and getting a better job.

But what if everyone went to college? Then you'd need a degree to get a job at McDonald's. There has to be someone at the bottom. That's how capitalism works. And as such, the people at the top (billionaires) should look out for the people at the bottom. Or at least pay their fair share of taxes considering their disposable income.

Anyway, my rant was not really directed at you. Just the train of thought that was inspired by your post. I just wish people wouldn't put so much blame on the lower classes. Oh yeah, one more thing, many people that go to the ER do so because they're broke, and at the ER, payment isn't due before treatment, as it is at the doctor's office. But I'm sure it's their own fault that they're broke, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

Hey, actually I AM "the little guy".... I work very hard for what I have. I don't have a problem with people who NEED help getting it. What I do have a problem with, however, are the ones that are too lazy to do anything about their situation. I don't have much, but I am the first one there to help anyone I see TRYING to better their life. All I would like to see is people trying to do something for themselves rather than feel that they are OWED something they have never worked for, and don't intend to because it is too easy to mooch. I have no problem with "lower class" - I am totally happy with working my butt off and the feeling that what I have, I have earned for myself.

People going to emergency rooms, at least here, have other options. There are the "free clinics" and minor emergency clinics. But that would entail some people getting up early, as most of these are only open until 2pm... In no way was I saying that people shouldn't get medical care... what I was referring to were the people on medical aide, and they know it costs more to go to emergency and don't care because it's FREE.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
How bout this....since the majority of our problems involve finances, how bout if we just get rid of money and just help each other survive because we want to...kinda like the gnu licensing on the internet where programs are free and there are groups of developers that believe in a true free society....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well we are going to do the same thing we did in the 40's to get ourselves outta this mess...

WAR!!!!!

A big war...

It will enable a draft, and create a war machine economy...

As far as entitlement programs, at this rate we will have bread lines soon enough...

Tune into any mainstream media channel at this time, and the preparation has begun...

If their is one thing I pride myself, on, it is learning from history...

If the markets continue to fail, wars will happen...

Our leaders have failed us.. They still refuse to tell us the truth as well...

The way they are handling all of this in DC and the market and the debt rating like idiots, and finger pointing tells, me something else bigger is happening, trying to keep us from focusing on the big picture..

we are broke, the system is no longer balanced and the markets are adjusting, back to pre bail out levels..

I thought the bailout and countless stimulus plans was suppose to keep this from happening?

reminds me so much of what our government tried to do in the 30's!!!!!!

I am going to bet unless our leaders finally figure it out, we are going to see the truth, or see all our other fellow citizens out there who cannot find jobs and have no money has lost everything and is trying to start over as well...

edit on 8-8-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, I'm 21 and I live in Portugal. If you're european, or know something about the european current situation, you probably know Portugal is in bad shape right now. I've just finished my degree on translation, but there's no jobs avaible where I can use my skills. I work at a call center, but work isn't granted everyday. I'm living by myself in Lisbon, with some friends, but because I don't get paid much, I'm always broke. I try to live with as little help from my parents as I can, but it's almost impossible. If it wasn't for my mother-in-law and girlfriend, I wouldn't probably be able of living alone without starving. I would have to come back to my home town and live with my parents again, where there's no real chance of getting a job on my area. Then I would be just a rock.

Sometimes I get up in the morning thinking about this situation I'm living. I was never rich, but never felt like I had barriers blocking my path. Now I do. I tend to think a lot about it. What's going to be my future? Am I going to live like this forever? Counting coins and doing maths just to buy dinner?
What scares me is that then I feel like making something. Trying to send out a message. If there was a riot tomorrow, I would be there for sure. I want to change things, I'm tired of this while BS situation I'm living. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

We could live without money. We have the resources and technology to provide each and everyone of us a home, food to eat, clothes to wear, and even stuff to do. We could just live and be happy and free. It's an utopia, I know, but it's true, we could do that.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I just needed to post something. I’m just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief and frustration. For those that know a little about me I’m a manager in a construction company and I have to lay off another 4 people today. It’s getting really hard out there and I can’t take it.

I’m getting tired of these economic time, I know it’s not going to get any better. It seems like I’m laying people off every month now and our sales number are dropping. I see this whole stupid debt limit mess in Washington and they just don’t get it. They need to cut 1.6 Trillion now! Not 4 trillion over 10 years. Don’t these guys understand compounding interest and debt. It’s never going to get paid off.

I can barely cope any more but I must stay strong for my family. I’m the anchor and if they see me depressed or drained it’s going to scare them. It’s so hard to come home happy anymore with all the bad news. But I want them to live a “normal life” as long as they can because we don’t know when this “normal” will be taken away from us. That’s why I like to get it all out here.

I know what’s coming, an all out economic collapse. I just thought I could emotionally make it through better than I am. I can’t imagine how I would feel if I never started preparing like I did 7 months ago. How are the rest of you on ATS holding up? I would like to make this thread a lean on me type of thread. One where we can all come together, shear our stores and help each other through them. I need an outlet and I don’t want to start scaring my family but things look bleak for the United States and its economy.

I hate to be the one to pop your bubble but things already are super,duper bad. It is just that most people are so stupid that the illusion is working.

1) We already live in a communist country(proofs: Government already owns everything by the simple act of forced fiat money and limited property protections).

2) Life is like a giant arcade. Our currency is worthless, or job's are mostly worthless(service sector, only three way's to generate real wealth: grow it, mine it or build it) we already live some weird neo-feudal life-style.

3) It is no coincidence that the new's is full of BS irrelevant stuff. It is about keeping people complacent and in the same place(see when Constantine created Feudalism to understand more).

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
God bless America, be safe. I'll always love you.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9b7f4da0ea8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well, guys, this may be my last post for awhile: today I and my brother are officially homeless, preparing to endure the storage spindown, i.e., putting our stuff into storage, which cuts into our cash, which reduces our ability to get a new home.

Don't know how it'll turn out, but nothing I hear out of Washington seems to stand a chance of making any difference anywhere, except to accelerate the downslide of the country. How long before the riots spread here, I wonder?

Wish us luck, please, we'll need it. This Vietnam vet understands all too well that the only vets honored, respected, and offered assistance are the ones safely dead, who don't cost anything.

You're welcome, America.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Well, guys, this may be my last post for awhile: today I and my brother are officially homeless, preparing to endure the storage spindown, i.e., putting our stuff into storage, which cuts into our cash, which reduces our ability to get a new home.

Don't know how it'll turn out, but nothing I hear out of Washington seems to stand a chance of making any difference anywhere, except to accelerate the downslide of the country. How long before the riots spread here, I wonder?

Wish us luck, please, we'll need it. This Vietnam vet understands all too well that the only vets honored, respected, and offered assistance are the ones safely dead, who don't cost anything.

You're welcome, America.

Im sorry to hear. Good luck to you! Remember, if you have jesus in your heart this life is not the end , but only the beggining. im sure i will be with you in the streets in the next few months after i lose my job.

good luck and god bless

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im sorry to hear. Good luck to you! Remember, if you have jesus in your heart this life is not the end , but only the beggining. im sure i will be with you in the streets in the next few months after i lose my job.

good luck and god bless

Very true my friend. Do you remember how to give 70 friends a drink from one 40? Good stuff to know in the days and months ahead.

Been homeless myself for a year now. Wouldn't have it any other way.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Many poor people are working poor people. The rich get to enjoy the fruits of capitalism. But capitalism demands a lower class. There has to be people at the bottom. One could say that the wealthy obtain their wealth on the backs of the working poor. The HIlton's don't work nearly as hard as the housekeepers, cooks, and maintenance personnel that keep their hotels running. But when those people can't support their families, they're # out of luck. It's their fault for not going to college and getting a better job.

But what if everyone went to college? Then you'd need a degree to get a job at McDonald's. There has to be someone at the bottom. That's how capitalism works. And as such, the people at the top (billionaires) should look out for the people at the bottom. Or at least pay their fair share of taxes considering their disposable income.

Exactly! The wealthy fat cats at the top will always say "Stop complaining, go to college/university, get an education, stop taking your frustrations out on us." But there isn't enough room for everybody to be wealthy, because capitalism is parasitic. In order for the people at the top to be wealthy, they have to feed off the people at the bottom. It's impossible for everybody to be successful in a capitalist society because the wealthy thrive on the less fortunate.

This is the problem with capitalism: The people at the bottom of the pyramid ALWAYS suffer, as they are constantly supporting the over-privileged parasites above them. Capitalism is merely a clever pyramid scheme. The elites' version of "democracy" is an illusion.

I might sound like a fool for saying this, but I happen to agree with everyone who is saying we need mass riots in North America. People are WAY too docile nowadays. Things have gotten out of hand and nobody wants to do anything about it. Civilians drastically outnumber the police, so why do we fear them so much?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Exactly! The wealthy fat cats at the top will always say "Stop complaining, go to college/university, get an education, stop taking your frustrations out on us." But there isn't enough room for everybody to be wealthy, because capitalism is parasitic. In order for the people at the top to be wealthy, they have to feed off the people at the bottom. It's impossible for everybody to be successful in a capitalist society because the wealthy thrive on the less fortunate.

This is the problem with capitalism: The people at the bottom of the pyramid ALWAYS suffer, as they are constantly supporting the over-privileged parasites above them. Capitalism is merely a clever pyramid scheme. The elites' version of "democracy" is an illusion.

I might sound like a fool for saying this, but I happen to agree with everyone who is saying we need mass riots in North America. People are WAY too docile nowadays. Things have gotten out of hand and nobody wants to do anything about it.

Civilians drastically outnumber the police, so why do we fear them so much?

Because we don't have any of their technological toys/invisible weapons, nor chemical weapons etc.

If you have ever had them used against you, you would know that you would be fighting a loosing battle.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yurichan

Yes, that is very true I suppose. The biggest mistake our ancestors made many generations ago was letting TPTB build up too much firepower (and power in general) and not saying anything about it. I suppose we can't be too harsh on them. They probably never guessed that it would be used against their progeny at some point in the future.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

"I'm sure a lot of us would have no problem with relocation for the sake of our families, but are already in situations where we can't even afford to leave America. It costs money to get there, especially without being willing to go without a definite place to stay while you have a family."

This was in the late 90's...but I was recruited to work in Saudi Arabia at a large hospital in Riyadh. All I had to pay for was the blood tests and chest x-ray to qualify to go and that was it. The company provided EVERYTHING else....housing, transportation TO the Kingdom....I only had to buy food and other amenities.....but my housing and transportation was covered.....

I am sure these things still go on...companies desperate for a certain kind of skill....medicine is a big one...as I am sure oil companies and what not...

ciao

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join