It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things are getting bad.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
One thing I would like folks to understand is that when I said I saw this coming and prepared is that I really meant it. We prepared for years, but this thing has last longer and cut deeper than anything I could have prepared for.

If I hadn't prepared so carefully we would have reached this point a year and a half ago.

I've been pulling miracles out of my magic belly button all year, and it's fresh out; not only that, but the supply house went out of business, too, so no new miracles are available.

I've been warning folks for over a year, and now there's only a few weeks left before all hell breaks loose financially speaking.

Don't look for mcuh violence yet, just shock and grinding poverty among people who thought themselves untouchable. The violence will come next year, perhaps as early as next winter, but definitely by summer.

I think the US of A and the USSR have a lot in common, and will have even more by next year's end...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What we need to all do is save seeds and befriend people who grow food.

Also, rent a community garden! A bit of kindness goes a long way, it's cliche but so so true.
edit on 27-7-2011 by m1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am in construction sales i have only made 1000 this month and spent 700 on gas its beyond tuff.The new world order needs a collapse to make us all slaves it is coming

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just turned sixty five this year....having already lost my home two yrs ago....(thats a sad tale itself)
I live in a school bus right now.
I am diabled but im working every possible job that pays a buck...
i made 4500 $ last year on my own hook, now the goverment wants to reduce myy 1080 per month pension to 533$
per month because i made too much money???
Forty five hundred is only 300 a month avg....
Its not even enough to pay income tax on!
So here you have an old disabled dude who is working at construction labour or other odd jobs to pay for meds that insurance dont cover, and they take half of my pension for it???
Its really a pile of BS this SS thing....
if you get to collect its because you are sucked into their pocket and thats it.
Dont try to live a decent life or theyll take yer down a peg or two no matter how effin poor you are.
Just for trying.
I hate this goverment, and i hate this system, and id be proud and happy to go down taking out even some of the corruption sometimes....at least i wouldnt go alone that way.
I wonder how it will be for those who like me need daily meds??
When the moneys gone it gone...and the gov boys dont fund my perscription anyway.....150$ month.
Figure it out, there will be plenty like mesoon enough...dribbling off the pension roles for all kinds of made up reasons....
I am pleased the long gun registration is going out with the dodo, maybe i can go hunting again for a couplemore years...at least a fifty cent bullet can get you a bit of meat now and then still.....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Your situation is the precise reason why I hate calls for the abolition of social safety nets often championed by gutless, heartless hypocrites - who would rather see people starve in the street than have themselves inconvenienced in any way.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Lost my job 6 years ago it went to China. I went from $16 an hour with health insurance to $8 an hour with no insurance. I have a medical condition and my medications costs $900 a month. On $8 a hour I was working just to pay my medical bills. I lost everything I had truck and house. I quit working and went on food stamps and medicade. If I'm gonna work just to pay medical bills I might as well sit on my rear and collect from the state. At least on state assistance I'm not eating mud pies.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Things are definitely worse than last year. In 2009 things started improving for me only to have things dip down again in 2010/2011. I work from home and my income has gone down from 1000 per month to 750 per month. IT is so bad that I am moving to a section 8 apartment soon. I recently asked out of my lease and my apartment manager refuses to let me out even though my voucher expires October 24 and my lease ends Decemeber 1,2011. I am going to have to move and break my lease without his permission. This is how bad it is for us right now. My gf went back to flordia to help out her dad who is struggling and she is selling comic books. She drives and meets with comic book collectors/dealers and makes maybe $100 in cash if she sells anything at all. She sends me $20 to help and she is coming back once her dads house is sold and he will live in section 8 housing as well. There is really lovely place that is more or less a retirement home that takes section 8. I miss her terribly but she had to go because her father is 90 now and living on social security. She will come see me when she can but she will either have to drive because she can not afford a plane tickect. We are both college edcuated yet they are not many jobs out there.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I really could care less eemotionally I just wish it would happen already. I would feel much more relieved, but then again I can grow my own stuff and I have prepared, too (lots of canned goods)...plus I would be forced to quit smoking, not such a bad thing. I just want it over with.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think many feel the pain as well man. Someone posted a song that sums it up well. Even though it has some Bush references(I'm not a Bush hater, just fed up with politicians, greed and the media), the song has a timeless quality to it, and whoever is Pres doesn't really seem to matter anymore, so the message still resonates. Check the lyrics - *

We Can't Make It here Anymore:

I feel like I have to pretend to be happy anymore, ignoring when I can, the depth of today's troubled world. I focus on the moment for recharging and escape, but reality always finds it way into mu perspective. Someone said the worse it gets, the closer we are to genuine change, and if we're not at rock bottom, well there can't be too much further to fall. I like to believe what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, but stronger for what, to endure suffering better, to pretend the future will be better?
The only advice I value is moving towards self sufficiency. But, still we have mortgage/rent to pay, medical bills and petrol to pursue. Now I understand why they said "the pursuit of happiness" instead of the obtainment of....

spec

edit on 27-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It really breaks my heart to hear how rough we have it. I grew up in the ghetto of Detroit in the '80s. It seems like I was living in the land of milk and honey compared to now.

I am being medically retired from the army after 19 years. I had a building fall on me in Iraq and have to have two surgeries to get my shoulders to stay in place. Not much they can do for the cracked vertebrae in my neck. So, I will be getting out soon and going back to Detroit.

I have no real idea how this whole thing is going to play out. With my retirement I will be able to pay my child support, car payment, insurance, and have $34 a month for anything else I need. With any luck my medical needs will be covered by the VA, so I am lucky in that regard. I am also fortunate that I have been to enough schools to allow me to "live off the land" if it gets too bad.

I wish everyone the best and hope we as a people can make it through this.

++In advance - Yes I know I deserve to be broke and homeless because I am a war vet, yada yada yada. Please don't bother reply with that garbage++

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
its sad to read everyones storys. it makes you really think about how well the MSM is covering all this up. Now that i think about it, i cant think of one person i know that is not stressing out about all this. Its sad

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PubertySpider001

Electricians need license over there? What a joke!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Voters are more convinced than ever that most congressmen are crooks.

Rasmussen poll

Unless something is not done very soon I fear a very bloody revolution is near in US. People can only take so much before they loose it completely.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I feel ya man. The house is foreclosed on, can't find a job to save my life, my dogs have run out of food, oh and the electricity and internet are going to be shut off next week unless I can magically pull the money out of my a**. So I don't know what is going to happen. lol the only thing that makes me laugh is picturing me homeless walking down the road with 2 border collies and a few horses.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
All the homeless and soon-to-bes (not wishing that on anybody!) should pitch some tents outside the white house and live there as a display of protest!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
All the homeless and soon-to-bes (not wishing that on anybody!) should pitch some tents outside the white house and live there as a display of protest!

Many impoverished veterans of WW2 built a shanty town not far from the white house.
It was flattened by Army tanks.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

have you thought of going the "rent w/option to buy" route for the house? there are people out there who can't afford to buy a house, but would consider this option.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
www.youtube.com...

Somebody embed?
edit on 27-7-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

as you wish!

by the way, the way to embed a youtube video is :
1) copy letter-number sequence immediately after "V=" (usually 10-15 digits)
2) click the VID:YOUTUBE link in comment section and paste same vid sequence there.

but yah...i'm like many now....business dried up....clients were truly strapped financially, had to close shop...swinging bouts of depression/hopelessness and determination/inability to give up, and contempt for the audacity of those put in place to serve, who've opted to raid the coffers, and disappointment at the MANY who stampede around in a daze, seemingly powerless to effectively make a concerted STAND, to eliminate this scourge.

but i will proceed with planning to re-emerge from this in a positive way. i will regain my footing, and i pray WE all will do the same. And with a newly revamped system.
we honestly have to START OVER. regain the peoples control of our currencies, re-inforce them with something tangible and COMPLETELY CLEAN HOUSE of any and all government agencies, eliminating the useless ones.

edit on 28-7-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The US needs to cut on its multi-trillion war machine in order to avoid a full financial meltdown, but at the same time they can't as China is knocking on the door challenging the US position as sole superpower:

“China has big maritime ambitions, and they are backed up by a naval build-up unseen since Kaiser Wilhelm II decided to challenge British naval power with the building of the High Seas Fleet at the turn of the last century.”

We Need Military Buildup to Match China's

and the US is swiftly losing control over the Pacific:

"China is clearly pursuing a policy of 'access denial' toward pushing the US away from the western Pacific

US in 'denial' over China's Pacific strategy

I don't want to be a doom thinker, but it looks very much like we are reliving the late 1920s. One thing is sure, the US is not passively going to allow China to take over control but with a broken economy, how is the US going to handle it?
edit on 28-7-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
well, thank you one and all for sharing your positions/predicaments. in oz we hear of the odd tent city but no one to my knowledge has described what you people just did. i feel it will be hard for those in the cities, very hard, and most likely they will stream out as gangs/lawlessness will manifest. its been said before that groups will stand a better chance of survival and maybe we need this to restore humanity to "togetherness". i dont have a lot but do own my own home on 2 acres near a forest and fresh water with a sub tropical climate so feel rich. i'm looking at hydroelectric on a small scale but maybe candles should be the go. i do beelieve their is spiritual light at the end of the material tunnel. so everyone, hang in there!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join