It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Stuffed Mushrooms w/ Wild Rice, Sausage and Cheese!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is one of my stuffed mushrooms recipes. I wanted to make risotto but they did not have Arborino rice. I was amazed because they had every other kind of rice available. The lady who worked there told me to check the Asian section and I laughed because it's Italian! It wasn't there either. I will have to order a bag online it seems. I really love risotto and traditionally I make it with risotto but any rice will work.

Mblah's Stuffed Mushrooms w/ Wild Rice, Sausage and Cheese

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c94a22670ac.jpg[/atsimg]

Ingredients

40 mushrooms without the stems (save stems and use them in the filling if you choose)
2 1/2 cups of any shredded white Italian cheese blend
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 1/2 lb of sausage cooked, drained and crumbled
1/2 large sweet onion diced
1/2 cup diced (the smaller the better) scallions
2 1/2 cups wild grain rice cooked (this is where I usually use risotto)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tbs thyme
3 cups ricotta cheese
grated parmesean

Directions

1. Clean the mushrooms and take off stems (you can diced the stems and add to mixture if you like)

2. In a big bowl mix all of the above ingredients except the parmesean cheese and mozzarella cheese. I actually used an electric mixer on low pulse, it blended all the ingredients easier. If you stir it make sure you mix it well. Once it is blended chill for a minimum of an hour. Can be made the night before as well and used the next day.

3. Preheat oven to 350'F

4. Scoop enough into each cap...I over stuff mine
nothing wrong with double stuffed mushrooms!

5. Bake for 15mins and then sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesean cheese over the mushrooms and bake an additional 5-10mins. I go for ten mins so the cheese has a little crust.

If you have any drippings left in the pan after cooking you can make an easy mushroom gravy out of it. I used the stems left over from the mushrooms and chopped them really thin and added a little whipping cream, some parmesean cheese, garlic and it will now be the gravy I use over dinner tonight.

I also made Baddmove's Stuffed Mushrooms

Baddmoves are the ones in the front with the BACON!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdf8fc54cd28.jpg[/atsimg]

Both of these were a hit and once again two people who said they don't eat mushrooms ate 3 a piece!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ok, I officially hate you! Just reading the title made my mouth water and stomach growl. No, seriously. It was a loud growl. Time to go eat now, and thanks alot! Looks uber delicious!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Looks wonderful! What kind of mushrooms did you use?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
Looks wonderful! What kind of mushrooms did you use?

I used baby portabella mushrooms.

I picked them out individually vs the prepackaged ones. I got a better deal all around that way in selection and cost.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thank you, I kinda figured since you said 40, but wanted to be sure. I have been getting into Persian cooking.....after 33 years after being evacuated out of Iran. Of course the ingredients for a lot of the dishes are hard to find around here.
edit on 25-7-2011 by savageheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
Thank you, I kinda figured since you said 40, but wanted to be sure. I have been getting into Persian cooking.....after 33 years after being evacuated out of Iran. Of course the ingredients for a lot of the dishes are hard to find around here.
edit on 25-7-2011 by savageheart because: (no reason given)

Oh wow you should post some recipes! I love trying new regions!

I have a recipe I am trying this weekend, it's called Afghan Raviolis in English. They looks sooo good! I love the herbs and spices used in making them.

I would like to know how to make some Persian food!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thanks

Now I know what Im having for dinner!

May add some chillis though

Can't wait!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

www.persian-recipes.com...

I hope that works, I don't think I have ever posted a link here before. There are several Persian recipe sites though. The main problem I have is finding rose water, which is used quite a bit, as well as saffron among others. Sadaf.com has some Mediterranean products, but of course they are in California. Another ingredient in Persian cuisine is lamb, which is also hard to come by.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Those look absolutely amazing!

One question, why does Sausage go SO well with stuffed Mushrooms? Because it does, wonderfully I might add. I've tried it with ground beef, ground buffalo, even elk before, and nothing compares to sausage. Got to love Pork, definitely my favorite meat.

Looks like your excellent in the kitchen, keep it up!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Yeah that is what i run into when cooking more ethnic dishes.

We have a few markets here and there is a Middle Eastern market in Daytona Beach where I use to live and it's only an hour away. I use to go there all the time for items. It was a little cafe with a food market inside on the opposite of the cafe. I might have to go there for my Afghan Beed Ravioli that I will try this weekend.

I love the spices and herbs they use in their food!

Lamb is hard to find and it's expensive. We have a meat market down the street so I am sure they will have it but in the past I always had a hard time finding decent lamb cuts.

Thanks!

I am going to link to that site on my cooking blog

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Those look absolutely amazing!

One question, why does Sausage go SO well with stuffed Mushrooms? Because it does, wonderfully I might add. I've tried it with ground beef, ground buffalo, even elk before, and nothing compares to sausage. Got to love Pork, definitely my favorite meat.

Looks like your excellent in the kitchen, keep it up!

LOL yeah that is a good question. Why does ground sausage go so well with so many things! I like how it's subtle yet adds a little added flavor but it doesnt over power the dish. I used pork sausage
medium blend.

Elk? Never had elk before...how did that taste?

Thanks
I just love to cook! I think I need a bigger kitchen though lol Right now I'm trying to figure out how to rig my camera so it will hang down over the chop block where I cook so I can film certain items I make to show others how to do it lol......duct tape might just work

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Sweet!

I am going to make yours soon..

They look and sound wonderful...

Thanks Mblah....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Sweet!

I am going to make yours soon..

They look and sound wonderful...

Thanks Mblah....

There you are!!

Yours were quite yummy!!

I am going to use my mixture and your mixture tonight and stuff chicken breasts with it and bake it in the oven. lol

Your version I will marinate the chicken in ranch dressing first
I think those will go good together!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Mblah one thing I do when I make stuffed mushrooms that you may want to try...

I usually do mine in individual baking dishes or smaller dishes for multiples... and bake them over melted butter (actually that was my mother's idea first)
edit on 26-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Star and flag! We tried this last night, and it was really good eating, friend. Got anymore good recipes up your sleeve?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Awesome!! I'm glad you liked it....I also used the filling from the mushrooms and stuffed some chicken breasts with it and baked them in the oven in a baking dish covered with foil on 350 for about 20mins or til chicken is done.

If you look in my signature I have a cooking blog now
I am slowly adding recipes to it. I always wanted one and now I can share my recipes with everyone. I will still be posting my recipes here as well.

IF you have any recipes post them! I like trying new recipes! I tried Baddmoves mushrooms and they were delicious!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Mblah one thing I do when I make stuffed mushrooms that you may want to try...

I usually do mine in individual baking dishes or smaller dishes for multiples... and bake them over melted butter (actually that was my mother's idea first)
edit on 26-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

Yea I have these small round cake pans that I utilize for individual servings and when I made some for me and my roommate I poured some white wine in the pan and that was AWESOME! I didn't do it with these because they were for people at work but the wine in the bottom gave it a nice added flavor.

I will have to try the butter one, my roommate will love it. He always says you can never have enough butter! I feel that way about garlic

new topics

top topics

join