It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just sighted an UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well I did explain the exact area where it happened, named the street, provided pictures and who knows that part of Toronto is very clear about the place. I don't understand what else to do or what do you mean by canvasing?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

As it was reading my mind

interesting comment and the one that stood out to me, during my sighting i had the same thought, although to me it only seemed to be the case, i was not so certain it was indeed doing so.

but at the moment i called out to my girlfriend to come and look that was when it flew of across the sky at speed, because of the timing it decided to move out of sight, it has lead me to wonder if it knew at that moment it had been spotted, or it could sense that i was trying to draw others attention to it. however there is no way i could state it did so as a fact.

so i am just wondering how/why you are so sure it read your mind? did you feel something?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
Maybe you're right. But the way was changing the flight pattern cannot be explained so rationally. I don't think there is such a wind to force an object making those kind of turns and stops and floatings

It appears that you're thinking the object has mass and weight and thus would take alot of force to make it move in the fashion it did. A helium balloon is lighter than air and takes very little force to make it move.

Take some time to look at some balloon videos on YouTube and watch how helium balloons react to wind currents or just the wind of someone walking by. You'll see.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I saw what very well could have been this same object in the early afternoon of July 15, 2011 in north-central Colorado. Identical to your observations, I also noted a darker asymmetry at the bottom of this perfectly spherical object. The exact nature of what caused this asymmetric appearance was unresolvable through 10 x 50 Nikon binoculars. I can confirm (with near certainty, IMO) that my object was NOT any type of self-buoyant balloon because the object moved perpendicular to the fast moving clouds that were only a short distance above it. Finally, my object disappeared at the exact moment I lowered my binoculars to observe it directly even though I had at least 20 miles of visibility in all directions due to Colorado's dry air.

At the time of my sighting I was observing aircraft on final approach to Denver International Airport from a remote foothills location 8 miles north-west of Lyons, CO at an elevation of 6800ft (2090 m) above sea level. The object was initially slightly above the inbound flight path such that it would be partially obscured by the clouds to incoming aircraft. By comparison to the 737-700 aircraft wind span I estimate the object to be 50 +25/-10 feet (15 +7/-3 m) in diameter (larger size favored from viewing geometry) and was fling at ~10,000 ft (3100 m). My initial observation of a uniform sphere was from less than 1 mile away**; the asymmetry did not appear until it had moved further away. Total observation time was 60 seconds.

Best regards,
Z

** Distance was estimated from 737 fuselage length, fuselage fill factor as viewed through the binoculars, and the binocular field of view (FOV) by the relationship:

distance in ft = (fuselage length in ft) / [2* Tan (fill% * 6.5 degrees / 2)]

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Your description reminds me of the Venice Beach UFO from 2004 there are some pictures and videos of that to be found here

Venice Beach UFO

and a debunking/rebuttal that revolves around the same issues listed in this thread, whatever, might be worth a peek to see how similar it is to your own sighting

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Maybe you're right. But the way was changing the flight pattern cannot be explained so rationally. I don't think there is such a wind to force an object making those kind of turns and stops and floatings

It appears that you're thinking the object has mass and weight and thus would take alot of force to make it move in the fashion it did. A helium balloon is lighter than air and takes very little force to make it move.

Take some time to look at some balloon videos on YouTube and watch how helium balloons react to wind currents or just the wind of someone walking by. You'll see.

Bonez if the base concept is not present in human mind, not even the human eye would able to see it. So based on this I can understand the refusal and at the same time (following the double sided coin logic) I can accept that my sighting was just a mere balloon. But I'm repeating it again, it flew straight with incredible speed. I can make the distinction between a light weighted object or no weight at all and some object with a considerable weight. Besides, it wasn't just the speed but the way was maneuvering, impossible turns, stopping instantly, hovering etc. Outside was a light breeze so I cannot feed my self with the idea that the wind just a thousand feet away from me was to different, almost a whirlwind... I know what I saw and to my best understanding and knowledge it defied all laws of physics we know off.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I'll let this be my last post in this thread so that this doesn't turn into a heated argument, which is not my intention. But balloons can and do fly exactly how you've described. They do it all day, every day. And if you haven't had the experience of being able to see balloons fly like that, there are resources on the internet for that purpose.

There is actually nothing to keep a balloon from flying like you've described. And as far as the wind is concerned, there may have been a light breeze where you were, but wind currents are not consistent across the land. You could step just a feet away and the wind currents could be totally different, so that really doesn't factor into anything.

It's awesome that you think you've seen a real UFO and that probably feels great. I'm just saying from my experience that the object you describe sounds exactly like a Mylar balloon, and the flight characteristics describe exactly how balloons fly in wind currents.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

No worries, I don't take it the wrong way. An healthy skepticism is always something I applause and actually require during a debate. Maybe is the way you say. I did see many balloons fly in the past but you never know. However this is my 4 th sighting
So I don't mind at all. lol

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well I did explain the exact area where it happened, named the street, provided pictures and who knows that part of Toronto is very clear about the place. I don't understand what else to do or what do you mean by canvasing?

Ask others in the area if they noticed anything unusual in the sky during the time you observed the UFO.

From what you've described & drawn out, the object's trajectories, static position, & glowing attribute (I think you described it as such?) is intriguing. If you were to guess, how fast did the object transition from one position to the next until it finally departed from your line-of-sight?
edit on 25-7-2011 by Axebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hey man, yeah, balloons definitely make sharp turns and fly off at 500mph. It's very common, what with their anti-gravity propulsion units and all

I like your report. It reminds me of a friend who saw something similar, though it was evening, and he says it was orange colored. But he was lying on his bed watching TV and it caught his eye out of the window, and as he began to watch, it zoomed off incredibly fast and was gone. He told his mum, who dismissed it - and never told anyone else, until he told me - because I snoop peoples UFO beliefs..

Glad you have an enjoyable sighting though. I wouldn't say ignore the skeptics, but I wouldn't let the balloon theory weigh down your own opinion. You know what you saw. I think you have a bona fide sighting of something abnormal myself.

Is there an air base in that direction?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Axebo

Ask others in the area if they noticed anything unusual in the sky during the time you observed the UFO.

From what you've described & drawn out, the object's trajectories, static position, & glowing attribute (I think you described it as such?) is intriguing. If you were to guess, how fast did the object transition from one position to the next until it finally departed from your line-of-sight?
edit on 25-7-2011 by Axebo because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't be able to determine the speed. I can only tell that from position #5 to #6 went in a blink of an eye.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

Is there an air base in that direction?

No, as far as I know. In the opposite direction is Pearson International Airport though.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
very interesting sighting, thank you for sharing, with the extremes of movement it is unlikely that this was a simple balloon, however one plausible possibility remains.. there are many varied types of RC airplanes and gyro's etc. It could be a new design.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

the red flag for me was:

"As it was reading my mind it flew right up and stopped"

It was reading your mind? How can you know it was reading your mind?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I wish I could agree with you...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgreco
reply to post by Telos

the red flag for me was:

"As it was reading my mind it flew right up and stopped"

It was reading your mind? How can you know it was reading your mind?

Jesus guys, is like I'm talking to third graders. It's a metaphor for pit sakes. I didn't say it was reading my mind. I said I got the impression, just the coincidence of the moment gave me that feeling. So I'm not stating here that it did read my mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join