It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just sighted an UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hi folks

I just had an amazing sighting and I'm still shaking. It happened so quick and so unpredictable that I couldn't take any pics or footage. I live in Toronto West End (Etobicoke). My balcony in the seventh floor of an apartment building faces south toward Lake Shore (Lake Ontario) and where I lie down in my couch I have a great view of the skies with a huge window of 26 ft. Very often I can see planes passing by or getting ready to land on the nearby Pearson International Airport. So I'm used to the view. But just 10 minutes ago as I was lying down watching tv something very bright caught my eye and I started to look at it. Expecting to be the usual plane flying over I first dismissed it but in a split of a second I realized that the flying object was different. Not only to bright but also very round and with an erratic movement. I jumped to the balcony door and went outside and now I could see the object clearer. Was totally round, bright silvery in color with a kind of protrusion hanging down somewhere in the middle of the object. I can't define how far it was, maybe around 1500-2000 ft away however was wobbling and changing flight pattern. It stopped for few seconds, started to move back again but this time toward my direction, stopped one more time, changed the direction going back to the primary position then hovered for few more instances. Meanwhile the protrusion that I've mentioned seamed to disappear and reappear which made me think for a moment that maybe the object wasn't a flying object but just a balloon. As it was reading my mind it flew right up and stopped, made a crazy sharp turn going in the opposite direction and shoot straight thru going from one side of my view to the other one disappearing toward east. I couldn't follow more because my building which is made in a gothic T kinda of shape would block my sight. This is not my first sighting of a UFO but by far is the most amazing. I feel bad and kinda upset that I couldn't take any pic or footage but try to be in my shoes guys. I was so astonished and surprised that I couldn't move, fearing that my movements would scare it away and I would lose the amazing experience. But I can swear to all I hold dear to my heart that the sighting was real and to the best of my knowledge of the phenomena (I've studied and researched ufo-s and ufo sightings for over 18 years) wasn't either a plane or a balloon. Was a real UFO.

If anyone from Toronto reads this and happened to have sighted the same object around 5 o'clock pm then please reply with your comment to see if there is any similarity with what i saw. Again, the area I live in is in Etobicoke (Toronto West End), just on Islington and Dixon.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Cool sighting, it sounds awesomely dramatic!
Upload a pic of where it happened off of your balcony!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The description of the object and its flight pattern sounds just like what we would see if it were a silver Mylar balloon. My opinion, of course.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Good post, Interesting stuff. Shame about the no photo part though.

Even if you were hoaxing it, couldn't argue that you haven't done your UFO encounter research beforehand.

The erratic movement has long been reported in military pilot circles, the remaining details are now all too familiar these days.

Perhaps photos or were you viewed/saw it?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I believe you because you stated you were afraid to move as if you would scare it away. I know that feeling.
Congratulations. After all those years you now do not need to see one ever again. You have what you needed.
I'm excited for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Hey, nice firsthand witness account there. Personally I don't care about lack of photo/video, because we all know where that usually leads... To the truth! Kidding, but honestly I will always prefer a good first hand account, and if someone happens to come along and can corroborate your story, all the better.

With that said, Bonez already called Mylar balloon so I will say it must have been swamp gas. Or the planet Venus.

But to be honest with you, I also got a glimpse of something that appeared spherical and metallic two weeks ago while commuting from work, but I had to pay attention to the road and lost sight of it immediately - I had a Lamborghini Gallardo in front of me at the same time. I was also tracking a few different aircraft in the area that had some sun reflection going on but what I got a glimpse of stood way out as different, but in the two seconds I saw it, it seemed to remain stationary only a few hundred feet above the ground about a half mile off the side of the freeway. In summary, I did not have nearly enough time to look at it to identify it - At second glance a few seconds later it was gone - So I'm always keeping my eyes open, but have yet to see anything to the degree that you seemed to have experienced... Yet.

Cheers for now, and S/F

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok I took three pics of the view I have, first from my couch, then two others from my balcony. I did a little schematic on the pic to try to explain better how it flew.

The first picture is the one from my couch

The second pic shows the initial position marked 1, then the movement with number 2 is the flying toward me With number 3 is going back to the initial position , number 4 shooting straight up and hovering, number 5 making the impossible turn while going back and number six is the line that shows the direction it disappeared toward east.

The third pic just shows better the view and the edge of the building that wouldn't let me see more.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
The description of the object and its flight pattern sounds just like what we would see if it were a silver Mylar balloon. My opinion, of course.

I've seen balloons many times but never seen a balloon making such movements and flying away with such a speed.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

That is a very interesting story - thanks for sharing it.

As it was reading my mind

Wait, say what now??..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
With that said, Bonez already called Mylar balloon so I will say it must have been swamp gas.

Just to be clear, the reason why I believe it's a silver Mylar balloon is because of the description and flight pattern.

He described firstly that the object was "very" round and silver with a protrusion. Mylar balloons can be very round and silvery. The protrusion is where the air is put into the balloon and then sealed up to keep the air in. The reason why the protrusion seemed to "disappear" is because a round balloon rotates (unless being held by a string of sorts).

He then describes the flight pattern of wobbling and abruptly changing paths and directions. Balloons are very light and will abruptly change directions, wobble, bobble, and do the strangest things in even the lightest air currents.

For me, the description of the object and the flight pattern lines up perfectly with a silver Mylar balloon floating in the wind.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I did upload the photos with a higher resolution where you all can see clearer the flight pattern and the numbers. Somehow here they show small and kinda distant however I'm saving those pics in case someone know how to bypass this technical issue.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ok I just zoomed to the schematic and I'm uploading only that part to follow the flight of the object. Refer to my second post on this thread, the second pic

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
With that said, Bonez already called Mylar balloon so I will say it must have been swamp gas.

Just to be clear, the reason why I believe it's a silver Mylar balloon is because of the description and flight pattern.

He described firstly that the object was "very" round and silver with a protrusion. Mylar balloons can be very round and silvery. The protrusion is where the air is put into the balloon and then sealed up to keep the air in. The reason why the protrusion seemed to "disappear" is because a round balloon rotates (unless being held by a string of sorts).

He then describes the flight pattern of wobbling and abruptly changing paths and directions. Balloons are very light and will abruptly change directions, wobble, bobble, and do the strangest things in even the lightest air currents.

For me, the description of the object and the flight pattern lines up perfectly with a silver Mylar balloon floating in the wind.

Check the new photo I uploaded. There is no way a balloon would fly like that and especially with that kind of speed. Unless was a supersonic balloon...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
There is no way a balloon would fly like that and especially with that kind of speed. Unless was a supersonic balloon...

Here's a link to images of silver Mylar balloons:

Google Images

You can see the protrusion coming off the balloons where the air is put in.

A simple test you can do at home is go purchase a cheap $1 Mylar balloon filled with helium. Bring it home and turn a fan on high. Now push the balloon and watch it float until it hits the air in front of the fan. That balloon will shoot off like a bat out of hell.

Any kind of fast air current will take a lighter-than-air helium balloon and make it rocket off somewhere until it gets out of that air current.

Like I said, just my opinion.

edit on 25-7-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
reply to post by Telos

Wait, say what now??..

I think he meant:
As if it was reading my mind

Sounds btw as if it was a genuine sighting.
I believe you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Interesting sighting report
, its not the first sphere sighting in your neck of the woods , I came across this report but unfortunately I cant find the pictures that were taken .
Etobicoke Sphere

Found the picture

canadaufo.blogspot.com...

Large gold ball glowing no tail ,East Toronto Police report
ufopolice.blogspot.com...
It seems bright Orbs are not uncommon in your part of the World

edit on 25-7-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Originally posted by redtic
reply to post by Telos

Wait, say what now??..

I think he meant:
As if it was reading my mind

Sounds btw as if it was a genuine sighting.
I believe you.

Yes, I meant as if it was reading my mind. I guess still to much excitement at the moment I was posting

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It looks like it's making a symbol.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
There is no way a balloon would fly like that and especially with that kind of speed. Unless was a supersonic balloon...

Here's a link to images of silver Mylar balloons:

Google Images

You can see the protrusion coming off the balloons where the air is put in.

A simple test you can do at home is go purchase a cheap $1 Mylar balloon filled with helium. Bring it home and turn a fan on high. Now push the balloon and watch it float until it hits the air in front of the fan. That balloon will shoot off like a bat out of hell.

Any kind of fast air current will take a lighter-than-air helium balloon and make it rocket off somewhere until it gets out of that air current.

Like I said, just my opinion.

edit on 25-7-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Maybe you're right. But the way was changing the flight pattern cannot be explained so rationally. I don't think there is such a wind to force an object making those kind of turns and stops and floatings (I'm an educated man). Anyway I remain open to every suggestions.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I would consider canvassing the area where this UFO appeared to corroborate your sighting. I don't suggest that because I doubt your story; rather, someone may have gotten photos or video of the object & can provide further details.

Thanks for sharing & take it easy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join