It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish Papal Ambassador withdrawn over Child Abuse Row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Channel 4 reported today [24/7] that

- Irish prime minister, Enda Kenny, made an unprecedented speech condemning the Vatican, in which he said that allegations that some priests abused children had been mishandled. Mr Kenny said: "The rape and torture of children was downplayed, or managed, to uphold instead the primacy of the institution - its power, standing and reputation."

- In response, The Vatican labels reaction to an inquiry into child abuse in the Catholic church "excessive" after recalling the Pope's ambassador to Ireland.

What is really interesting about this story is that I cannot find it [yet] on CNN, nor on BBC. It is almost as if the story is being covered up in the media. Surprise, surprise, MSN are not running with it either. Nice to see that AL Jazeera can corroborate the story

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

hi op
here we go again
another religious war thread and a lot of bashing
and the play unfolds
dave

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

It is on the BBC website maybe you did not look hard enough, under the BBC European Section section:

The Vatican has recalled its special envoy in Ireland after a damning report on the Catholic Church's handling of child abuse by priests.

Papal Nuncio Giuseppe Leanza has been called back to Rome to discuss the impact of the recent Cloyne Report.

BBC Europe

Also if your interested her is the Video report:

Irish Pm Attacks the Vatican

One thing is for sure, if the rapture ever happens, those guilty in the Vatican will be left behind for thier abuses on innocent children. If they are taken up, then god is a hypocrite.

edit on 25-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Here's Enda's speech in full. A brave man, and a taoiseach I can be proud of.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

its not religious bashing, its people annoyed that the catholic church did its best to cover up rape tourture and murder of children in its care, do you think it should be all hushed up just to save the sick pervert nuns priests and so called christian brothers, you do not know the power the church had in my country you do not know how the priests treated children and even adults in the country areas of ireland, I suggest you read up on the horrible things the done before you make judgement, or maybe you condone such horrible things because it was done by the church,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

hi WTF have i condoned
i only stated something
dont take your anger out on me
arse whole
imo
all religion is bull
get lost
dave

btw
i dont care if u are irish
im scotch
i suppose your response will be
"what about the birmingham 6"
edit on 26-7-2011 by davesmart because: added

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
what has the birmingham 6 got to do with any of this, Im not gona even bother arguing with you , your probly that idiot orangemandave using an alt profile,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

hahaha i like how youv added me
who the hell is orangeman dave
i said birmingham 6 cos they were irish
no offence intended
dave

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just remember abuse by the clergy has occurred in both the Protestant and Catholic faith. Just shows how far they would go to cover up the actions of those whom are supposed to represent God or Jesus on this planet.

I have more sympathy for those innocent victims of this than any clergy man who could not keep his penis in his pants. They should be jailed for this simple.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If people only knew the truth about the clergy in ireland they were gods gestapo, they used to go to local dances in country areas to make sure unmarried were not dancing to close in my opinion the the catholic church has damaged ireland more than the british occupation

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

sorry for been so cranky to you in my first reply, I misunderstood you reply

top topics

join