It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely embarressing puppy problem, is it normal? please help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok, i have googled and havnt really been able to find a satisfactory answer to this problem. I have a ten year old bichon frise, hes a lovely liittle dog, very good natured. We now have a new member of the family his name is Charlie and he is a 10 week old pug/jack russel cross. Initially there were some problems but recently they seem to have been getting on like a house on fire. I hope the following issue is not why though.
Right, how to put this tactfully, basically, on any possible occasion the pup feels the need to, well perform a sex act on the older dog which involves the pups mouth and the older dogs penis. In fact i have seen the older dog drag the younger one along the floor, with his appendage firmly embedded in the pups mouth. In fact the bichons best friend is looking rather sore recently.
I know this sounds highly amusing but this is genuine and its well JUST NOT RIGHT.
Any ideas please, is it normal.?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

i'll get back to you

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
sounds like the pup is confusing the dong for a nipple... try something with its food... just a thought

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
he might think its a toy

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
sounds like the pup is confusing the dong for a nipple... try something with its food... just a thought

Do you mean milk or puppy milk? Hes about 11 weeks now

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
sounds like the little fella is trying to suckle. give him mashed hard boiled egg. they love it

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just to let you know, I have lots of experience with dogs and have taken classes to teach basic obedience.

This puppy, as others have said, is trying to suckle. The best thing to do would be to get some sour apple spray. This is a sour spray that's safe for upholstery, carpets, wood, uh... dog penises.. Spray liberally on the uh, target area. It tastes horrible to dogs but won't burn and is not toxic at all (it's natural, made of apples.)

I promise you this will help stop the problem quicker than anything else.

Hope this helps.
Grannick's Bitter Apple Spray works well. I've used to to stop many a bad chewing habit.

Also 11 weeks is SO YOUNG to be taken from mommy. Hope you're making sure he's getting good nutrition through an alternate source of milk, like goat's milk.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Maybe you could apply something to the outside of the appendage that would make the puppy turn away when he smells or tastes it. I've heard of a product called "Bitter Apple" that dogs hate the taste of. Maybe something citrusy that won't irritate the older dog.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The one dog better hope that the other one on the business end isn't teething!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It might have turned into an insecurity thing too.
I have a Shihtzu that suckles on a stuffed ball with ropes that stick out the sides. He grabs it every time that he feels insecure, or has done something wrong.

Try to find a small sturdy stuffed animal or ball that might take the place of your other poor dog's willie.
Make sure that they can't rip it easily, or have parts that he might choke on.
Child and/or puppy proof.

Good luck.......

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yes, I've had both happening with some puppies I had. Like the previous posters said, it could either be the suckling-instinct, or the feeling of insecurity. I would try both, and see if that solves the problem. I just feel sorry for the male whose penis the pup is trying to suckle on, have you ever felt how sharp the teeth of the puppies are???

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by max100

Thanks friends for the advice, il try the mashed egg thing, not too often though i dont want to bung him up. The suckling thing sounds the most plausable, Oliver (the bichon)is taking it like a man though.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sorry, but I had to laugh. Yep.....he wants to nurse, poor baby. Here ya go....
www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
Just to let you know, I have lots of experience with dogs and have taken classes to teach basic obedience.

This puppy, as others have said, is trying to suckle. The best thing to do would be to get some sour apple spray. This is a sour spray that's safe for upholstery, carpets, wood, uh... dog penises.. Spray liberally on the uh, target area. It tastes horrible to dogs but won't burn and is not toxic at all (it's natural, made of apples.)

I promise you this will help stop the problem quicker than anything else.

Hope this helps.
Grannick's Bitter Apple Spray works well. I've used to to stop many a bad chewing habit.

Also 11 weeks is SO YOUNG to be taken from mommy. Hope you're making sure he's getting good nutrition through an alternate source of milk, like goat's milk
He has an enornous appetite, hes gettign the best puppy foood, plenty of water, little treats and plenty of hide chews for his toothies. I LOVE MY DOGGIES.
Hes also brought new life to the bichon,, ive never seen him do so much exercise and have fun..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
reply to post by snowspirit

Yes, I've had both happening with some puppies I had. Like the previous posters said, it could either be the suckling-instinct, or the feeling of insecurity. I would try both, and see if that solves the problem. I just feel sorry for the male whose penis the pup is trying to suckle on, have you ever felt how sharp the teeth of the puppies are???
Yes hes got a few teeth and theyre like razors, he must be teething, ah something else ive thought of though, ive got 4 cats as well (YES I WILL END UP BEING A SAD OLD SPINSTER WITH CATS), why doent he try to suckle on their nips, i mean between the four of them, theres quite a few.
Also ive bought loads of bones and toys and hide chews, yet the penis still seems to be the favourite toy.
edit on 26-7-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was gonna post some cute pictures of the victim and the perpurtrator, but im not sure if im up to embedding photos yet (only been here a year for gods sake) anyway thanks everyone for the tips,
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6eb2e9932a8e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That was Ollie the victim, the little devil is below,
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aafccc08bddf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Also 11 weeks is SO YOUNG to be taken from mommy. Hope you're making sure he's getting good nutrition through an alternate source of milk, like goat's milk

Actually, 8 weeks is normal. The moms often have them weaned off around 5 or 6 weeks, if not sooner. My lab was 5 weeks old when I got him, the mom had too many puppies - she had a litter of 10.

I couldn't get his vaccinations until 6 weeks, I had to be careful what he ate. He got the poops a couple of days after I got him, so I got him a can of plain pumpkin puree. A tablespoon every now and then throughout the day. It normalizes their bowels.
I also got a bottle of pedialite (electrolites) just in case he needed it. Again, just a tiny bit in their water.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I agree with what everybody else is saying, I think he's looking to whelp/suckle either for nourishment or for reassurance. I had a pup do it with an older dog and when they bite the "end" it can cause real pain. Try intervening with a toy or distaction to give your fellow's little fellow some space.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just an update, thanks guys for the sour apple spray recommendation, amazon delivered it to me today and it appearss to be doing the job. Cheers guys.

top topics

join