It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this new black tail on Venus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

BS response Chad. So much for Gold level contribution. My 5 yr old could provide a more interesting statement and it would be about as relevant as yours.

I am looking for an ACTUAL reason...I've not seen this type of thing before.

edit on 26-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The reason behind all the crazy stuff from Stereo A and B is because they
are testing their ability to roll the space crafts to observe
the incoming comet elenin,which will pass close by them soon.

STEREO-B test roll July 22nd, 2011 | Author: Leonid Elenin Less than an hour, the spacecraft STEREO-B will start a scheduled, test of 135 degree roll. The maneuver takes place from 12-14 UT. Posted in News | Tags: C/2010 X1 (Elenin), Comet, Comet Elenin, STEREO, Комета, Комета Еленина

spaceobs.org...

“Jul 31 – Aug 12 Behind: Spacecraft rolls to observe comet Elenin” July 11th, 2011 | Author: Leonid Elenin The SECCHI team requests to roll the Behind spacecraft by 135 degrees for two hours per day each day between Aug 1 (or late on Sep 31) and Aug 12 to observe comet Elenin as it flies within 0.05 AU of the spacecraft. Observations of the comet at a wide variety of phase angles will provide information about composition. There’s also a possibility that the in situ instruments on Behind will see the ion tail. The requested two hours per day will include the roll and settle times, with the roll starting on an even hour boundary, and then back to nominal roll and settled on the next even hour boundary. A more detailed plan will be sent to APL (Applied Physics Laboratory of Johns Hopkins University). The test of the roll maneuver to observe Comet Elenin from Behind is expected to be scheduled sometime in week 29 (July 18-24). stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

spaceobs.org...
edit on 26-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

They are really interested in the comet elenin,why would you reposition spacecraft
observing the sun?

Scheduled activities for Week 29: M Jul 18 (199) Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 14 Behind: Test 06:25-06:50 with ESA New Norcia station T Jul 19 (200) Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 14 W Jul 20 (201) Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 14 T Jul 21 (202) Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 14 Behind: 480 kbps downlink on station 63 F Jul 22 (203) Behind: 480 kbps downlink on station 63 Behind: Test of 135 degree roll for comet Elenin, 12-14 UT S Jul 23 (204) Behind: 480 kbps downlink on station 63 S Jul 24 (205) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Scheduled activities for Week 30: M Jul 25 (206) Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 63 T Jul 26 (207) Ahead: SECCHI stepped calibration roll, 7:15 UT Behind: SECCHI stepped calibration roll, 9:00 UT Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 63 W Jul 27 (208) Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 63 T Jul 28 (209) F Jul 29 (210) Behind: 480 kbps downlink on stations 14 and 43 S Jul 30 (211) S Jul 31 (212) Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 14 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Scheduled activities for Week 31: M Aug 01 (213) Behind: 135 degree roll to observe comet Elenin, 8-10 UT Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 14 T Aug 02 (214) Behind: 135 degree roll to observe comet Elenin, 8-10 UT Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 14 W Aug 03 (215) Behind: 135 degree roll to observe comet Elenin, 8-10 UT Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 63 T Aug 04 (216) Behind: 135 degree roll to observe comet Elenin, 8-10 UT Ahead: 480 kbps downlink on station 43 Behind: 480 kbps downlink on station 14 F Aug 05 (217) Behind: 135 degree roll to observe comet Elenin, 10-12 UT Behind: 480 kbps downlink on station 43 S Aug 06 (218) Behind: 135 degree roll to observe comet Elenin, 8-10 UT S Aug 07 (219) Behind: 135 degree roll to observe comet Elenin, 8-10 UT

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
edit on 26-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I doubt we'll get to see the pics. I hope so, but I doubt it
2nd.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

I doubt we'll get to see the pics. I hope so, but I doubt it
2nd.

Yep,you know all the sites for this will have "technical difficulties" around then.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I dont wanna die! :O

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
I dont wanna die! :O

We ain't gonna die!
Well,we all do some day,
but not from Comet Elenin.
I did find this interesting.
Seems the astronomers keep changing their story.

The first calculated orbits for Comet Elenin suggested it would remain a distant object, however it soon became clear that it was traveling on a remarkably low-inclination orbit (1.8 degrees) that would carry it quite close to both the sun and the earth. Furthermore, the geometry for forward scattering of sunlight — and thus an accompanying brightness enhancement — is quite favorable around that time. All this has led to a realization that Comet Elenin possesses at least the potential to become a relatively bright object — conceivably even a “Great Comet” — for a brief period of time around perihelion passage and its closest approach to Earth.

spaceobs.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Of course they do...because we do not understand the universe...and how it operates...so we cannot go assuming that this comet, that hasn't been around here for 10,000 odd years, isn't having some OTHER sort of effect on us...not just gravitational....maybe Magnetic or some other type of energy relation.

It can't possibly be JUST a coincidence when three times it has aligned with the Sun and Earth and at those moments, or very near to those moments, Earth has suffered large geological events.

I am not scared, nor should anyone, but it is inevitable because we are fed fear through religion, we are fed fear through our televisions, we are fed fear through our newspapers and magazines...

If everyone in the world knew the truth, we would not fear death....

And moreso WE WOULD NOT FEAR THOSE CONTROLLING US.
edit on 26-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
It's probably just a shadow. What else could it be?

You can NOT be serious.......
sooooo what is this "shadow" being cast on? A giant, invisible, planet-sized "wall" floating in space????

...just wow...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
not long ago.
there was a post about a black cloud near the sun?
could it be this?
some of thatdark mater?
if its small and moving fast we will be ok.
it took about a week to get to venues.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It could be a magnetosphere.
SOHO is capable of detecting fluctuations in magnetic field.
Also when solar storm hit magnetosphere it can elongate magnestophere to looks like funnel.
Although the shape is still pretty odd.
edit on 26-7-2011 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Nah you got it all wrong mate, it's not BS when it's true... you see, the answer to what we're seeing here has been said already, albeit in a condescending manner by some. They're the ones not willing to accept a mundane explanation, therefore, no matter what they get told, their mind is already made up.

so I take your BS and raise you a bazinga.

edit on 26/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
It's probably just a shadow. What else could it be?

I honestly have no Idea about whether this is something real, or a glitch or whatever.....I know about astronomy in general, but I've never been a stargazer...at least not through a telescope....so I'm certainly no expert in how celestial objects should appear through one. One thing I believe though, is that it couldn't be a shadow....a shadow needs to be projected unto something...it can't just form in empty space like that.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Elenin will pass 7.4 million km by STEREO B so they are going to roll the craft to view it for two hours a day starting August 1st through the 12th, right now test rolls are going on and Elenin is not in view, not sure the status of STEREO A at Lagrangian point 4 of earth's orbit, if it will view a return trip or not, but STEREO B happens to be in good position to view the approach at L5, so why not? It was planned back in May, guess they know something about orbital dynamics.

Don't expect to see the wonderful Google images of comets from the STEREO craft though, they are set with wide array views of the sky, they are no Hubbles out their.

The two hours include the time it takes to roll the craft and roll it back, images can be available within 15 minutes of transmissions.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Illustronic because: added info on the rolls

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

Awesome. It looks like Galactica eating up the planet Venus!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

lol. your awesome.
gold lvl contributor hey

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I read all the comments before looking at the links even ; that's what you guys are all worth . A fortunes worth of intelligence input . I have read the nasa rebuttals of 'doomsayers' - and they explain the so called 'fear' of 2011 Elenin with some stories about 2012 ? Duh? These 'short exposes' including the wanderings of Alan Hale on Spaceobs , are cheap and short gobs of 'cooked' , tripe . The writers certainly didnt listen how to construct an short essay at school. They defined nothing and put no links or refernces . They dont answer questions about Velikovsky , nor lean on any of their peers , like Newton Einstein . They cant , and so we have downright and dirty rotten lies stinking there too .

Whenever were legitaimate concerns over human or even animal or environmental safety in all its respects

fear ??

'They' have not ever had the public address proper health and safety ; not even at schools . And 'they' would let children become a herd of monkeys led around by a bunch of nanny gorillas . Now 'they' know better than us about space too , dont they

Its a case of the more stupid the argument , the more stupid people beleive it .

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
And just looking forward , which newspapers were going to use that cooked tripe in a certain news article later on . ..?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
There are legends of venus having a firey tail in the past...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
How can it not be crystal clear to everyone that this is obviously a black hole!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx

Originally posted by Helious
Absolutely nothing! Don't pay any attention to the major storms on Saturn, don't worry about Pluto turning red or anything about all of the planets in the solar system warming up at the same time, everything is completely normal!

Why do I get the feeling a certain few will be in here to tell us it is a known artifact? Lint on the lens, particles, swamp gas.

What do you want it to be? Something catastrophic ? Something to worry about? Wouldn't lint or artifact be better? If someone can show you that there is nothing to worry about dont you want that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join