It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.O.L.Y. B.I.B.L.E.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau
Fish with scales good, everything else bad according to the law.
Even though I love shell fish they are bottomfeeders and my BAAACCCOOONNN yummy.

Btw I will reread the first 20 as you suggested so I can understand were you are comeing from.
Then you will Rue the day, bwahahaha.

I will read it though but why do you ask??

Back in those days the people had no way of knowing what was good for them, people were dieing off from diseases because they did not know how to take care themselves. When reading some of the verses you can clearly see a divine hand at work. For example, I love pork, especially bacon. The reason God told them not eat such foods was because they did not have the proper means to preserve the meat back then. If you ever placed a piece of raw pork on the counter for more than 24 hours or poured a can of coke on a piece of raw pork and saw what happens then you might think twice about eating bacon.

The point is that God gave these people instructions on how to keep themselves from getting sick. Today we have proven alot of these methods to be true through science. Here are some examples from the book of Leviticus. Again you will see that these people would have no way of knowing these things unless God told them.

Safe drinking water (Leviticus 11:33-36). God forbade drinking from vessels or stagnant water that had been contaminated by coming into contact with a dead animal. It is only in the last 100 years that medical science has learned that contaminated water can cause typhoid and cholera.

Do not consume blood (Leviticus 17:12). A common ritual in many religions in the ancient world was to drink blood. However, the Creator repeatedly told His people to abstain from blood. Of course, modern science reveals that consuming raw blood is dangerous.

Cautions against consuming fat (Leviticus 7:23). Only in recent decades has the medical community determined that fat clogs arteries and contributes to heart disease.

The Bible warns “Whatever dies naturally or is torn by beasts he shall not eat, to defile himself with it: I am the LORD” (Leviticus 22:8). Today we understand that a decaying carcass is full of disease causing germs.

Circumcision on the eighth day is ideal (Genesis 17:12; Leviticus 12:3; Luke 1:59). Medical science has discovered that the blood clotting chemical prothrombin peaks in a newborn on the eighth day. This is therefore the safest day to circumcise a baby. How did Moses know?!

Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). Up until 120 years ago, sick people were “bled” and many died as a result (e.g. George Washington). Today we know that healthy blood is necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God declared that “the life of the flesh is in the blood” long before science understood its function.

You can check out more of these examples here: www.eternal-productions.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Just so you know, I do know that. Or how he commanded roof top walls/ledges to be built so high to protect the people who slept on them from falling. I wasn't pokeing fun at you but those who did.

You're OP about the HOLY BIBLE thing doesnt make sence due to GOD has not walked this earth since the Garden of Eden. Not only this he never left us. He is still there if we quiet ourselves and listen.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If there was a divine hand involved, wouldn't he have shown them or guided them to a better life free from disease? Or was he just going to let them figure it out the hard way when it could have been prevented?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

If there was a divine hand involved, wouldn't he have shown them or guided them to a better life free from disease? Or was he just going to let them figure it out the hard way when it could have been prevented?

Please reread my last post in it's entirety. If you can't understand those instructions then I don't know what to say about that.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Maybe its we all make our own choices. And by not followin his will led us to a complete state of sin ie death/ sickness..Havent you noticed the people who follow GODs dietary rules seem to be in better health. So maybe the proof is in the puddin so to speak. But as always it is you're choice.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

top topics

<< 1   >>

join