It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Centipede

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm not a big thread starter. No Pics, No Vids, but i feel the need to inquire about this subject.

Have you dreamed about the Centipede?

Of course, after reading this, you might dream about the Centipede as it will be planted in your subconscious, but i'm looking for people who have dreamed of this craft or entity PRIOR to me starting this thread...

I suppose i could have started this thread the following morning, about 2 months ago, but i don't hold much merit to dreams. After all, they are associated heavily with your subconscious, and there's no telling what's in there..

However, today i saw a person express this same experience without any coaxing. Just a random guy or gal, saying "Hey, i dreamed about a giant glowing centipede" and it was enough for me to warrant the start of a new thread. Here is Mr10k's experience relayed in another thread about "UFO Dreams".

Originally posted by mr10k
a Giant luminescent organic Centipede ship hovering only few feet from the ground sped up and passed us

a striking coincidence....

The Centipede dream really stuck out. Why a centipede? Where did my subconcious come up with such a thing? I've never seen a movie, or read a book or a blog about a giant glowing centipede winding through the sky. So where did it come from?

Of course, there are a million scientific explanations for this as dreams have been studied extensively for hundreds of years.

What i'm looking for is commonality. An experience we share.

Sure. If i dreamed of riding a horse, i would certainly find millions of others who have dreamed of riding a horse. But a gravity defying centipede?

My own dream goes as follows:

Random events. Walking around. Standing outside. People pointing and looking. Some people panicking at the sight of a GIANT glowing centipede winding it's way through the sky. In my own dream, there is no panic, only observation from yours truly which jives pretty well with how i try to conduct myself consciously. Could be a craft, but in my dream it's movement seemed really organic. The centipede 'glows' with a purplish blue but almost white luminescence.

Never did it 'land' in my own dream, just wound itself around the sky like a Bat hunting for insects.

And that's it. Slightly disturbing....not really frightening.

So...Have you dreamed of The Centipede?

Please relay your stories below.
edit on 25-7-2011 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My mrs had nightmares after watching human centipede?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have so many centipede stories, it's crazy. When I lived in Hawaii, I was bit so many times, I could smell the presence of a centipede. I could litterly walk down our home hallway, and centipedes would come out and follow me, down the hall, rearing occasionly to follow my scent, and out the back door, then I turn around walk inside and close the door. People were amazed.

Once I attended a first day of a class. The instructor had us form our chairs in a circle and one by one we introduced ourselves. When it was my turn, no one was looking at me. Their focus was on the floor at the middle of the circle. There was a centipede and it was walking straight toward me. Their jaws were slack as they watched it slither straight at me. I took off my shoe, and wap, wap, wap, it was dead, and I said "Hi, I'm (my name), the centipede slayer!"

Once, after I had been bit in 3 spots, I got so "high" I started to hallucinate. What I saw was an ancient Chinese centipede cult, who members actually drank centipede venim as a religous ceremony, dedicated to the centipede. The scene was similar to the scorpion or centipede woman in the movie "The Golden Child"

I don't know if that is a true ancient cult, but I hallucinated it as if was a memory of a past life.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

That was terrible I seen the preview and skipped it
On topic no my friend...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

I had nightmares just from the trailor. Couldn't even think of watching that movie!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
that movie was awesome!! but i'm kinda sick.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven
I'm not a big thread starter. No Pics, No Vids,

Oh!! Let ME help with that

Pleasant Dreams

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

OK, I had a dream of a silver shiney centipede like craft. It had apx ten round nodules joined together and a long pointy nose. It also had a couple of larger segments like boxcars. It moved through the sky with a serpentine/centipede like motion, and went to the other end of the valley and turned, and came right back over the side street I was standing in in the dream.

There was a huge stack of cardboard corded up on skids like a truckload stacked in the alley, and I ran up beside it to hide from the silver insectlike thing above me. On the underside of the larger segments were lots of small camera like things covering the bottom of if moving in all directions scanning all around.

Suddenly the bottom of the larger segment opened downwards, and I could see these humanlike figures standing on the loading dock that was opening above my head. Suddenly they saw me by the stack of cardboard and started yelling and motioning for me to move. Just then I felt the hair on the backs of my arms and head start to stand up with static, and move I did.

I ran up into a shallow indent where there was a doorway, and found an old man also cowering in the doorway. We looked in awe as the whole load of stuff suddenly raised up and went sliding into the bottom of the ship. It slid off into the distance and me and the old man were just scratching our heads and still trembling in fear and excitement. It was sooo scary standing in that doorway, and so utterly real. I awoke and wrote it down so I could relate it later lol, so there it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Close.....strange no?

So anything that could have prompted these centipedes in your subconscious? Any of Zorgon's videos the night before?

Personally, i've only ever seen centipedes like this in school science books....Here in Georgia (The southern United States) we have centipedes that are very small, and curl up into tiny balls when handled...Nothing venemous or dangerous looking....

And no, i havn't seen the "Human Centipede", but i want to....My wife isn't having it....Maybe when my boys get older...

That's three of us......anyone else?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
About 2 or 3 nights ago I had a dream that there were 2 copper colored ufo's that were spinning quickly in the air with a green light in the middle and green lights all around the edge of the craft, I woke up to see that video from brazil of the ufo that looks like a ferris wheel at night and my jaw dropped.

That is exactly what it looked like only in my dream it was day time and had green lights, and I recall in my dream they were flying low to the ground and one of them crashed.

Weird stuff, probably just a coincidence though.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

AAHHH! Cute as a bug........
Centipedes are really smart. I would HATE to see a race of centipede ETs land in one their centipede ships. Truely the stuff of bad sci-fi movies.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Don't be afraid of your dreams, and by all means, do not dismiss them so quickly because you don't understand them. While you are correct that dreams are a form of subconcious communication with your concious; (I'm no expert) they do offer great insight into your daily/weekly/monthly issues in life as well as clues on how you should deal with them.

Here is my advice to you:

Start a dream journal. Keep a notepad and pencil/pen handy by the bed or close desk if you prefer so that you can immediatly write down as much detail from your dream as possible while it is fresh in your mind. If this means you wake up suddenly at 3am, then don't just dismiss it and fall asleep again, take the five minutes to write down what you remember and you will fall asleep again, but upon review of your journal in the morning, you will indeed bring up memories of that dream so that you can concentrate and study/meditate/think about the meanings it is presenting to you.

I have done this to great success, although with a five month old son now, I have stopped writing because I am just too tired and unfortunately my life has suffered as a result in ways I don't care to discuss ATM.

For your OP, I have these two sources that I go to on a regular basis to interpret my dreams. Using keywords instead of ideas, try objects or concepts like flying or bugs, or more specifically:

Dream Moods: Centipede

or

DreamForth: Centipede

Sometimes the descriptions are identical, but for the most part they are simliar with some variation in wording. Other times there are two seperate meanings (rare) in which you can contemplate opposing viewpoints and try to understand your dream's subject matter.

Again, a simple subject or keyword provides insight:

Dream Moods: Glowing

Or

DreamForth: Glowing

It is not uncommon for others to share simlar dreams. While I have no explanation for this, ever hear of the dream where you are falling? Or one where you have the feeling of falling? How about sex? How about fear? Common concepts with specific details are more common than you think, so much so that these dictionaries have been created by examining individuals and their respective dreams.

Give what I've said some thought, good luck with your dreams, and please keep a journal, you will be amazed at what you remember, even months after the fact. You can even look back a month later to see a progressive pattern of behavior or emotional/social connection that you were missing conciously.

The mind is a very powerful thing that is not nearly explored well enough.

Good luck,

King
edit on 25-7-2011 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have not had this dream but it did spawn a memory. There is a book by Dean Koontz called "The Taking: throughout the entire book you are led to believe it is about an alien invasion of earth and the end of mankind. The ships description was an organic looking ship that was like a glowing centipede.

The plot twist at the end was a complete turn around.

It was not an alien invasion....it was Satan harvesting those that are to be "Taken" by Satan.

This book really hit home for me and stuck in my mind as truth for some reason.

I really think this is what the alien agenda may be....it seems that the alien phenomenon all throughout time has been something we see differently depending upon mans collective conscience.

"Nomen mihi Legio est, quia multi sumus."

"My name is Legion, for we are many."

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I have not had this dream but it did spawn a memory. There is a book by Dean Koontz called "The Taking: throughout the entire book you are led to believe it is about an alien invasion of earth and the end of mankind. The ships description was an organic looking ship that was like a glowing centipede.

reply to post by LoneGunMan

Whoa....While i respect all authors and artists to some extent, i've never been a fan of Koontz....I have given him a chance....I read "The Hide Away" years ago and could not get into his style....The same goes for King...Maybe i'm just picky.....

I have to wonder though....Did Koontz have the Centipede dream?....One could only hope...Maybe i'll write him a letter....

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
It is not uncommon for others to share simlar dreams. While I have no explanation for this, ever hear of the dream where you are falling? Or one where you have the feeling of falling? How about sex? How about fear? Common concepts with specific details are more common than you think, so much so that these dictionaries have been created by examining individuals and their respective dreams.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

Hey...Thanks for contributing....That was an abundance of information....

While i'll keep the info you've provided on the back burner, it's not because i don't appreciate your efforts...I've got a (short) background in psychology, and know enough about these things to realize that we know nothing about these things....

About sharing dreams in commonality....This is why i found a need to start the thread...Like i said, if it were a dream about horse riding, (or falling or sex) i'm sure i could find millions with a similar dream.....The glowing centipede on the other hand was just a little too strange and could not be explained through subconscious memory....

Thanks again for taking the time.....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Absolutely.

I am fascinated with dream concepts, what they mean and how we can interpret them. I know that your particular dream is very unusual and let me tell you there are some really strange dreams I could tell you that would make you go WTF?

But it never hurts to put the feelers out there (no pun intended) to get multiple experiences and opinions on the matter. I just wanted to give you some starting point for your own research outside of common experiences with other ATS members.

Good luck with your search. I'll check back from time to time to see how it is progressing.

King

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

ummmm....those are balloons....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

ummmm....those are balloons....

I wont say otherwise, but they look like centipedes

(post by trippydreamer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I used to dream of the thing that creeps me out the most - Emperor scorpions.

It was a recurring theme, to the point where I started to think it had some meaning or message.
I was looking to get hired at a new job and on a superstitious hunch I went to the Discovery Store and bought a realistic scale model of one. I got the job and kept it on my desk.

A few years later an Air Force colleague had a tank full of them in his office. One of them died and I talked him into letting me have it to work out my phobia. What I did was encase it in polyester acrylic resin... The whole time I was afraid it would reanimate. The piece turned out nice and I gave it back to him to put on his desk.

Coincidentally my favorite band is the Scorpions.

Edit: just realized it's a zombie thread. Sorry.
edit on 15-11-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join