It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandfather wakes up in morgue very much alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Source: content.usatoday.com...

Initially, two mortuary workers "ran for their lives," thinking they'd heard a ghost, Kupelo says. The man was treated for dehydration at a hospital and released, the newspaper says.

This was a terrible mistake, but I can't help but chuckle at the thought of being in a morgue and one wakes up. This man was very lucky he didn't die of freezing.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The first thing to go through my mind in a situation like that would be...

Zombie Apocalypse has started!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
To be honest, this is exactly why I decided not to go into mortuary sciences. I always saw in my head a corpse coming to life and screaming at me. I'll leave that work to someone with an imagination that isn't quite so active.

Although, I couldn't imagine waking up and finding myself in a morgue or something. Ew. I don't want to imagine it at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yes, can you imagine waking up to someone taking a scalpel to your chest, while cutting the Y. And if that didn't wake you, the rip crackers surely would.

Yuck.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Makes you wonder how many people go to the morgue very much alive (but not apparently so) and wind up dead because of the embalming process or, from dehydration/starvation/hypothermia.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So many things can mimic death, and countries not advanced as the US & UK seem to make mistakes like this the most. At least he got out of there before the embalming began.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I know right? Kind of scary! I was just thinking that...

I've heard of cases like this before.... This guy is lucky they did not start doing an autopsy or embalming him or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tenpenny

My uncle worked in a mortuary and he said it would scare the bejebiz out of him when a body would move/twitch but it was the day that one sat up(muscle contractions in the stomach) that caused him to quit. Someone waking up probably would have scared him to death.

top topics

join