It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange aircraft spotted from 737-800 window.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yesterday me and my pals where travelling back from a lads holiday in Malta; as we were travelling over the south France I spotted a very shiny looking aircraft travelling at a very high speed, underneath our flight path, going North East. What struck me odd was the way it cornered and how close it was, and the fact there was an announcement for turbulence that never materialized. It didn't bank it just kind of turned like you would a car. Not thinking much of it, I kind of ignored it as I always go on about this kind of stuff to my friends and no doubt they get sick of it.

There were 4 of us on the plane, and the other two pals where sitting on the middle emergency exit row, on the left side. Coincidentally one of them also saw something odd, and he said it dropped like a stone from around the same altitude as we where travelling at, to pass underneath the plane. He also found it strange but didn't mention anything until I did a while after we got into London.

All I can really say that it was pretty small, and was travelling super quick with pretty intense cornering. Just thought I'd share that with you guys as maybe you could answer how close conventional aircraft are allowed to get without it being a "near miss" or a violation of rules or what ever pilots have to watch out for. The shape of the aircraft struck me as odd, the glare coming off the shiny surface made the rear of the aircraft hard to identify but to me it kind of looked like a Delta winged plane maybe a little like a Eurofighter or something. But what countries would fly a chrome Eurofighter?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I saw a chrome eurofighter, once...years before they were said to have existed...something like 1992/93. Walking home at about 4.30ish, summer...looked up and it went overhead...no sound. It was travelling above the clouds...the clouds were broken thats how I spotted it, faster too than a usual fighter. That chrome colouring does make them harder to spot, highly reflective. It was over the S.Wales valleys, which used to be a training spot for the fighters.
So, the chrome colouring could be because the plane isn't finished? You could've seen a trial military plane.
edit on 25-7-2011 by celticpride because: added a bit

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

Indeed the chrome surface made it incredibly hard to identify, though it was going pretty damn fast!

Do they chrome up planes that they are trying to keep hush hush in order to make it difficult to identify?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Not that I've noticed, as far as colouring goes...I think it could be experimental and not finished though. I've only ever seen the one chrome coloured plane. The military will probably decide if they like it or not and we'll find out in about 5 to 10 years time what it was

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hi there ,

due to it being over France do you think it could have been an old Dassault Mirage ?? they have several that are in a chrome scheme., and they are a delta shape.

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
I saw a chrome eurofighter, once...years before they were said to have existed...something like 1992/93. Walking home at about 4.30ish, summer...looked up and it went overhead...no sound. It was travelling above the clouds...the clouds were broken thats how I spotted it, faster too than a usual fighter. That chrome colouring does make them harder to spot, highly reflective. It was over the S.Wales valleys, which used to be a training spot for the fighters.
So, the chrome colouring could be because the plane isn't finished? You could've seen a trial military plane.
edit on 25-7-2011 by celticpride because: added a bit

Do you understand how you have bought into official jargon/disinformation? No sound, you say? And yet you call it a eurofighter? And the bright, "chrome" finish? And that plane was still unknown at the time and you still call it a eurofighter? Oh, well, perhaps you don't believe in extremelyt exotic hardware of anykind from here or elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

It looked a lot more rounded than a Mirage, the angle of the wing of the fuselage wasn't so acute to my eye. I think the Eurofighter is also used by the FAF aswell.

Then again I wont rule it out, but as I said, it didn't move like a conventional aircraft which was odd, it kind of flew like it was on rails if you understand. It was a strange thing to see at such a close range.

Also why would a military jet fly so close to a commercial flight?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Could it be a "scram jet"?

www.google.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67fc2b61e65c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Normally Airplanes need 1.000 nautical Feet/ ca. 300m difference in the Height
and 5 nautical Miles/ ca. 9Km. in a vertical Distance!

The Announcement of the Turbulence came straight before the other Plane showed up?

Chrome Planes are not uncommon!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

The Announcement of the Turbulence came straight before the other Plane showed up?

Chrome planes are extremely uncommon as a matter of fact chrome planes don't exist. Chromium is a metal that is plated on to metal to make it shine. Airplanes are made of aluminum except for those that are skinned with fabric or are constructed of composites. Shiny airplanes are polished aluminum.

Fabric control surface - polished fuselage.

media.airspacemag.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

I've seen a Eurofighter once, when I was working on a caravan park in South Wales; the bloke flying it was clearly having the time of his life, I've never seen a plane move like those are capable of. He cut the engines at one point mid climb, span the plane around in a way that seemed to break the laws of physics, and then hammered on the power to climb in a completely different direction. Truly spectacular. It wasn't quiet though, not by a long shot - half of Pembrokeshire must've heard it!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

France developed there own fighter called the Rafale, it has the same delta/canard configuration as the EF2000 but has more rounded shape and i believe its a little smaller. I`d love to see these two go at it one on one and find out which is more manuverable.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by Human0815

Chrome planes are extremely uncommon as a matter of fact chrome planes don't exist. Chromium is a metal that is plated on to metal to make it shine. Airplanes are made of aluminum except for those that are skinned with fabric or are constructed of composites. Shiny airplanes are polished aluminum.

Fabric control surface - polished fuselage.

media.airspacemag.com...

This is what i mean,
i was thinking about an American Airline which do not use much Color on the Surface of a Plane,
afir North-West!

I did not know that there is a visible difference between Chrome and Aluminum!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Please see my message above that i posted a while back .... after further research : on the dates in question they were flying around the area in question.

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Unfinshed aircraft or those that have not yet been painted are normally a sandy or green colour. The silvered or chrome finish is a burnish or paint. The French airforce do not fly Eurofighter. The colour for moder air superiority aircraft these days is a neutral grey.

Fighters of the 50s and 60s tended to be a silver or chrome finish, but were highly reflective.

As for the aircraft spotted in the south of France? Difficult to say. A more detail description would be required.
As for the Eurofighter shaped A/C in the South of Wales, do not forget, you are near Boscombe Down.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Well, I did notice a strange chem trail behind the craft; I can't explain it other than the fact that it was around double the length of the actual aircraft itself and then finished. They seemed to come out at an on angle, and looked like the classic image of a sonic boom, though it seemed to be a permanent feature. I'll try and draw it, they kind of looked like angel wings (sounds crazy I know).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

Not at all. Sometimes the halo of condensed moisture can linger for quite a while.
Have you considered the possibility of a historic aircraft on its way to an airshow?
Remember, this aircraft confiuration is by no means a new idea. Try searching the internet for historic jet fighters and compare images .

top topics

join