It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number Stations and the real conspiracy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Number stations.

Those low frequency radio transmissions that can be heard all around the globe, all the time.
The official and common "explanation" for this phenomenon is that it is some sort of spy communication.
Mayby The conet project can shed some light on this when they release they info on august 3, but hey they may just as well be a part of a new BS story and cover-up.

The spy communication theory is probably correct.
But if so, the real question is, who are the spies? And how many are "They"?

For atleast hundred years, transmissions have been broadcasted, but never has any country either taken credit or tried to investigate the matter.
For example, I have a hard time comprehending that the US would accept spy signals by a foreign country. Or russia accepting US to do it.

In reality, in order to explain this paradox, is that All countries are in on it. Together.

Keep that in mind when we look at the locations of these radio stations.... which are....unknown!
For a hundred years they have been operating, and no government has even tried to investigate this!
No one really knows anything is the answer you get when you try to research this.

The only acceptable conclusion in my mind, is that these signals in fact confirms the conspiracy that there is a part of the humans that isnt like the rest of us. I call them "The Others" until a better description emerges.
If they are 10 or 50% of us I do not know. But my feeling is that they are many.

Or does anyone have another explanation that fits the scenario with logic?

The only thing I could think of is that these signals is used as mindcontrol on all of us, but that would imply the same as above, that "The Others" are doing this to humans.

Another eye has opened,
Welcome to the world with "The Others"

edit on 25-7-2011 by reef75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah I can tell you another scenario involving the whole 8-3-11 thing..

Viral marketing..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
My question is why there is no 'open source' projects to locate these stations? With todays technical equpment this should be really easy for every person if you just combine the power of multiple users.

These emissions should spread with speed of light so about 300.000km/s. So it will take more than 1/10s to go around the world. If you have some ppl in different countries with a radio scanner and GPS-Synced clocks it should be possible to determine the time at least exact to 1/100s of a second. So some basic triangulation +/-1000km or so should be possible. If you calibrate this system with the position of some known stations and if you manage to reach 1ms accuracy in taking the time it should be easy to determine the country.

It's just an idea but it wouldn't take more than 10 ppl and a few 100$ equipment to archive this.

Added: Maybe even easier than a GPS synced clock would be the internet. It's no problem to determine the time an IP packet use to travel from A->B and returned to A. So if you have a central server you can connect 1000 users worldwide and determine the turnaround time through the net every second. Although this 'ping'-time won't change a lot you can sync all those systems to a few ms at least. Now we just need a small audio-analyzing software that recognize the start of a transmition sending out a 'Started'-Packet to the server. Using all those predetermined turnaround times it should be easy to locate the source to a few 10-100km. Just takes some professionals that knows about frequencies reflecting in the atmosphere to calculate the position. We do this every day using seismographs and the earth interior is much more unknown than the atmosphere.
edit on 25-7-2011 by UnixFE because: Added another idea

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by reef75
For at least hundred years, transmissions have been broadcasted, but never has any country either taken credit or tried to investigate the matter.

Wiki has a pretty good treatment of this oddly compelling story...en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Actually, the US government prosecuted a Cuban spy-ring, and introduced into evidence the output over several numbers stations. As I recall, at least one member of the ring had pages of notes where they had transcribed the traffic from the numbers station.

I think the defense claimed that there was no proof that the station was cuban, and then the prosecutor produced tapes of some of the broadcasts in question. The wikipedia article talks about it, how some numbers stations accidentally broadcast background noise, and in this case you could hear whatever was being broadcast on cuba's radio network at the time.

Most of the numbers stations in the desert southwest are single letter broadcasts. ( I think I used to pick up "K" being repeated endlessly). Those are probably used by coyotes and mules to move over the US/mexico border after nightfall.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The Ham radio community has done some tracking When the signals were tracked to our embiacy and inside a military instalation their answer was ..what antennas what signals ?

The drug cartels have picked up on this system but on a lower power useing areas between the CB band and the 10 M Ham bands

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A thread which goes into them and all but explains them for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
its desmond from lost controlling it

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

The code used changes from day to day unless you have the letter =number code being used its almost impossible to crack

Noticed a station on the CB on SSB last year useing this type of code
We called her Taco Mary..very strong station coming out of Mexico repeating the same numbers over and over..we figured they were drug related..

I have also heard that prision gangs use this type of number code to pass messages as well

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Low frequencies can travel half way around the world at night due to the ionosphere changing anreflecting the frequencies back to earth. This is a well known phenomina and was actually used for global communications before Satellite. In the UK you could tune in a AM radio reciever at night and pick up a transmition from New York quite easily given the right conditions.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reef75

Hundred years ago.

Roughly, 1911.

Radio tech was pretty low. Crystal sets were pretty much the standard receiver. They didnt have the experience at that point to build "mystery sets" (circa 1930), double tuned sets ("tuggles"), or the huge amount of xtal set we have plans for nowadays.

As far as a wireless transmitter, spark-gap was about it....and you had to have several jars of acid for battery power for the most part.....and a damn big aerial to get very far. That was just morse code though.

So, how does it come that number stations have been about for 100 years?

I'm a fan of old radio tech. I have built a few that work VERY nicely. In 1911, they just didnt have the experience yet.

Nowadays, some guys do "DX" contests and can recieve from over 1000 miles away with a high end set (top quality all the way!) and a good weather night.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by reef75

Well depending on your theories, you might go as far as to say that they have been transmitting far longer than WW1. Perhaps it was only that they only started detecting them with advanced in radio technology...

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

So, how does it come that number stations have been about for 100 years?

The importance of the numbers is their use in a one-time pad cypher. (which has been around since the Renaissance).

You basically take your spy-vocabulary of a thousand words or so, and assign a number to each word. So

561 = battleship,
002 = destroyer,
978 = Austria-Hungary,
223 = blockade
382 = neutral vessel

and so forth. Now, the way you make it a one-time pad is to add to each number, the day of the year it is. So for july 26 it is day 207. This gives me the following one-time pad for today:

battleship = 561 + 207 = 768
destroyer = 002 + 207 = 209
Austria = 978 + 207 = 185 (Actually, it equals 1,185; but you drop the thousands for "wrap around" numbers)
blockade = 223 + 207 = 431
neutral = 382 + 207 = 589

And the code would change each day. Of course, you could make it far more complicated, by changing the constant, on a per-word basis, rather than simply on a daily basis.

The nice thing about it is that it's actually a true code, and not merely a cypher. So every "word" has the same length. Also, with a string of numbers, you have absolutely no idea what language is being transmitted in. It could be Latin or it could be Chinese. And the decoder and encoder don't even have to speak the same language; so you can hire locals to spy for you.

As long as your spy doesn't keep his notes (the downfall in practically every real-life spy story), there is no incriminating evidence on hand. And if you make all your broadcasts roughly the same length, then the enemy cannot make assumptions based on traffic analysis. In fact, many of the numbers stations could actually be red herrings at this point, just to make us think "the enemy" is sitting in some basement with a head-set, jotting down orders from Bejing or Tel Aviv or Reykjavik.

My family used to own a business with operations on both coasts of the US. Back in the old days, they used a one-time pad like this, purely for financial reasons---Western Union charged by the letter!
edit on 26-7-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join