It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We still love you American people , from Iraqis with love.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by BrianC

You have chose to live the way TPTB wants you to live but I live different.

That's a bit much to infer based on what I've said but I disagree with you so it must be true
. Anyways, the polling data is very flawed. I do love America, I love the Constitution, I love the principles America was founded on. Is the war in Iraq just? Not really and it has certainly lasted longer than it should have. Does that make us American's evil? No, I do not support the war, I am not in the army, I am not in congress, I do not vote for warmongers.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Don't be offended, Americans very rarely understand sarcasm, even when it's pointed out.

But, from a British point of view; I'm sorry.

I'm sorry that our corrupt politicians have, with the production of one falsified '45-minute dossier' document even after your leader complied with the UN investigation to which Mr Blix declared there was no palpable threat, found so-called 'justifiable' reason and right to 'shock and awe' your peoples into submission, to remove your political freedoms, to slaughter your innocent and to (seemingly) never leave. I'm sorry that my peers, both here on ATS and everywhere throughout western society, are unable to see that this invasion and occupation is illegal and immoral in every sense.

There isn't much more we can do to bring back those fallen. Perhaps you will seek a little comfort in the fall of the west, economically at least, which is tantalizingly close, and if you do I cannot blame you.

Peace be with you. Someday.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

comm on beeze, that don't count coz it's the USA's fault and the zions.

if the cia wasn't there they'd be daisy chaining all over the place.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattrat
. you choose to live in fear that a bullet could come between your eyes at any time.

The first part I agree with and the second part I disagree.

I mean that I love my country , my parents , my neighborhood but I don't like bullets in my head.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
A simple question.
How many deaths can be attributed to market bombings IED's and such by your own countrymen?

May be you know it better than me , but 9.11 and such actions are the reason to invade . They don't care if they kill their own people to get more energy resources , more money , and more soil. Do they ? Did Bush care?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Lol OP. sarcasm, is just oozing off my screen!

And the responses your getting, ha!

Well played sir, well played!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Hate to break it to you but 9/11 wasn't an inside job. Bush does care when his people die, that's why he wrote over 5000 personal letters to families of troops lost fighting terrorists in your country to help keep our civilians and Iraq's safe.

link   
reply to post by BrianC

So you didn't do any thing wrong , but they don't care what you do, they have the power and they are the puppeteers , they are the people who help your presidents to get to power . You have the power to control them .
edit on 25/7/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

link   
luls, its still registering with me that there is iraq war support on this site. and to the OP, stop makin these threads and start buyin AK-47s.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

It's not sarcasm, its insecure baby ****. I'm so ugly and lame and stupid.... on opposite day!!!!!!
OP is probably a third grader, don't feed his ego.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Be happy it's only 2%, if they wanted to wipe you all out, they could.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

I am really happy that there are some people who understand the situation .

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

Hate to break it to you but 9/11 wasn't an inside job. Bush does care when his people die, that's why he wrote over 5000 personal letters to families of troops lost fighting terrorists in your country to help keep our civilians and Iraq's safe.

search with these key words on google : 911 , dollar

I know .

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0

Don't be offended, Americans very rarely understand sarcasm, even when it's pointed out.

Peace be with you. Someday.

May be it is easier that way , living partially ignorant. by the way thank you for reply.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It doesn't hurt to talk about them, and thats the problem, I read your post, and felt absolutely nothing, 650,000 is a number, a statistic.

Why do you think the government here in the US hit the Wikileaks guy so hard, bradley manning? because he leaked information that changes the statistics to reality.

The press here in America has done a good job of glossing over the atrocities that happen in war, Its bad, we all know Iraq was a farce and Bush and his cronies should all be on trial at the Hague.

But again I am ashamed to say your statistics sound bad logically but emotionally it does nothing, because they are just numbers, but again that is what always happened.

But when Saddam gassed Kurds in the The Halabja attack was there similar outrage on Iraqis parts or was that

Here is some more items a google search turns up

In 1959, before Hussein was the leader of Iraq (before he had completed high school, even), he participated in the assignation of the then-current Iraqi leader. (?Crimes Against Iraq,? www.upforanything.net... ) In 1968, Hussein, actively engaged in ?purifying the government and society of potential dissidents.? (?Biography of Saddam Hussein of Tikrit,? Iraq Foundation: www.iraqfoundation.org... ) In 1974, Hussein participated in the killing of five religious leaders. (?Saddam?s Crimes,? www.sciri.btinternet.co.uk... ) Hundreds of other religious people were arrested and tortured. In 1977, Hussein was responsible for the arrest of thousand of religious people, and the killing of hundreds of them. In 1978, Hussein participated in the assignation of former Prime-Minister Abdul Razzaq Al naef in London. Between 1978-79, Hussein helped ?eliminate? 7,000 communists in Iraq. In 1979, Hussein ordered another purge to eliminate political opponents. Hundreds of top ranking Ba'thists and army officers were executed. During the Iran-Iraq War (1980-88), 730,000 Iranians died. You will recall that Hussein was the aggressor in this war, because he wanted full control of the Arvand/Shatt al-Arab waterway at the head of the Persian Gulf. (For more information on the war, see ?Iran-Iraq War,? at Encyclopedia.com: www.encyclopedia.com... ) Approximately 1,000 Kuwaiti nationals were killed in the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. It?s estimated there were 1,500,000 refugees from this war, displaced by Iraq?s occupation of Kuwait. 750,000 ?endured brutalities, oppression, and torture.? Although the date for the end of the war is usually given as 1988, the struggle continued, and 500,000 Iranians were late killed (the Iranians say it was closer to 1 million), 100,000 by Hussein?s chemical weapons. In one day, 5,000 men, women, and children were gassed. (?Sadaam?s Other Crime,? In The National Interest: www.inthenationalinterest.com... and ?Charges Facing Saddam Hussein,? BBC: news.bbc.co.uk... ) Between 1987-1988, 180,000 Kurds ?disappeared,? and 4,000 villages were razed, in an effort at ?ethnic cleansing.? In 1983, Hussein killed of 8,000 members of the Barzani clan. Also in 1983, Hussein arrested 90 members of Al Hakim family and executed 16 of them. Between 1988 and 1999, Hussein killed 7,000 prisoners in what was called ?prison cleansing.? (?NoBody Count,? www.blogoram.com... ) We also know that Hussein killed and tortured many other ?enemies? before the Gulf War. For example: Ayatollah Mohamad baqir Al Sadr and his sister Amina Al Sadr (Bint Al Huda) were arrested, tortured, and killed in 1980. In 1981, Haj Sahal Al Salman in UAE in 1981, Sami Mahdi was killed. In 1987, Ni'ma Mohamad in Pakistan was killed. In 1988, Sayed Mahdi Al Hakim in Sudan was killed. In addition, we know from Iraqi officials that Hussein put to death ?officers who did not agree to execute people in the street,? religious leaders who didn?t lavish praise of Hussein, and Shiite Muslims (for their religious views). (See, as an example, ?Officer's tale: Iraq's web of assassination, ? Christian Science Monitor: www.csmonitor.com... ) Remember, too, that mass graves were found during the FIRST Gulf War. (?Charges Against Saddam,? TalkLeft: talkleft.com... ) In the 1990s, Hussein killed 40,000 Shia?s (or Shiite Muslims) for their religious uprisings; among those who became prisoners, approximately 2,000 were executed on November 1993 alone. (?Death Tolls,? users.erols.com... For more on Shia?s, see ?Shiites,? mb-soft.com... ) As further evidence that the Gulf War did not play a role in Shia deaths, in 1980, before war with Iran, Hussein hanged two leading Shia figures. (?Radical Shias Worry Bush as well as Sadaam,? Daily Times: www.dailytimes.com.pk... ) Since 1974, at least hundreds of Shia leaders have been arrested.

also just a Statistic? so again, yes the US has a host of crimes against the Iraq populace, But maybe if your anger had been aimed closer to home and the people of Iraq stood up to the Dictator A-hole things would of gone differently.

The excuse of it was too hard to fight Saddam yourself doesn't fly here in america, or ancestors overthrew the worlds strongest army with a group of farmers...

edit on 25-7-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Why do you think the government here in the US hit the Wikileaks guy so hard, bradley manning? because he leaked information that changes the statistics to reality.

Because are not revealing all the info they get , they are doing that selectively . read this thread of my friend :

Wikileaks Exposed - The man behind the NWO Curtain

But when Saddam gassed Kurds in the The Halabja attack was there similar outrage on Iraqis parts or was that

It happened because Iran had took over the city and the fact that Saddam was a mad man that stood against communism and he was helped by USG. He was supported during the invasion on Iran by 38 major countries.

I know how you feel about the numbers , nothing . because they are the people who deserve to die and luckily your out of the circle of fire. good luck .

There is no need for much sources to mention . Just tell me the truth and I will judge by my own observation.

Edited : when I am telling you about the truth I go deeper. Is google all we can find to read about history ?

The history tells me that A madman named Saddam planned to take over Iran after the Islamic revolution in Iran. He was armed to the teeth and Iran was thinking of a Islamic dominion which had democratic tendencies . This madman invaded Iran as he was thinking that it won't last more than three days to take over Iran . but he got a very black eye.

I have more details . do you want more?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

Thank you for not harboring terrorists and having really nice ideologies and religious beliefs. Kcuf uoy /Inverted

98% to go.

edit on 25-7-2011 by BrianC because: to make more offensive

Have fun. I am not there when you are doing it. I am behind you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Your frustration and anger is understandable. I mean that wholeheartedly. I have been deployed to your wonderful country, I have interacted with your countrymen and women, I have seen first-hand the brutal violence that has taken place.

Know that IF your statistics are correct, they are in-large part due to zealot idiots who cross into your country with no plans other than killing, regardless of their victims' political, religious or military alignment.

I understand that it was the U.S. led occupation that motivated these idiots to cross into your wonderful nation, but to place the blame for hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis killed in bombing attacks on government buildings and markets on anyone other than the butt holes who detonate them is ignorant.

War is miserable, no matter how technologically advanced the military becomes. If conflict is taken to the cities, civilians will die, no matter where it is or who those civilians are. We realized that the minute barbarians and cavemen started raiding towns and settlements.

Please ignore the rather childish comments such as "98% more to go," as I can assure you that is not how the majority of U.S. Americans feel. Not the U.S. Americans I have been proud to serve at least.

If the U.S. American public had full control of our own government with competent leadership I can assure that the invasion of Iraq would not have taken place, as anyone with half a brain full of working grey matter understood that Iraq posed a relatively minor threat in-so-far as terrorist attacks against the United States of America go. We are diligently working to rectify this, believe me.

With that being said, your previous dictator was a loose-cannon. While he operated for a time with full support of the "Western" governments, he was far from being a level-headed and righteous man. I won't sit here and tell you your country has been better off without him, as even though he was a murderous jerk-off, he did manage to control a relatively stable Iraq. A question I would pose to you however would be if that stability was worth knowing you can be incarcerated, tortured and murdered on a whim if your dictatorship so chooses. That is not the type of stability a man like myself could bare to live with.

The question now becomes "what's next?" I pose this to you because being an Iraqi, I would like to know what matters most to you in-terms of reconstruction and self-governance. The U.S. will be gone in a relatively short time. I know that we will likely maintain a low level of command in-country, but your own brothers and sisters will soon be tasked with securing and protecting your way of life.

What I think was our government's most critical mistake was not having any clue as to how religious, tribal and cultural relations work in your region. You see, we have plenty of violence in our own country. Money, drugs, power and anger all fuel the occasional small conflict here. We are not used to towns and neighborhoods full of misinformed and ignorant individuals willing to murder each other and each others' families over a 2000 year old argument over who's nephew, uncle, etc maintained a right to "rule" a religion. You see, we took it upon ourselves to separate church and state as much as possible so as to avoid silly and bloody conflicts over such trivial garbage. That's not to say we're not God-respecting followers of faith, just that we can not justify killing our neighbors over a book that was written so long ago. A book that has been tampered with and edited many times since. A book that can not be proven to be anything more than the ramblings of ego-centric old men from a time long forgotten. This goes for all religions. Faith is great, killing your neighbors over that faith because you've been taught since birth you are "correct" is not noble however, it is ignorant and idiotic.

THIS is what has caused all the bloodshed since the invasion and occupation. The "freedom fighters" that engaged us in the early days are the only ones I have sympathy for. They saw us as a hostile invasion force, and rightfully so. They took up arms and tried their best to beat us back. I respect these men, a great deal more than you probably know. Thankfully we were able to sit-down with many of the local militias and explain that brain-dead religious zealots were much more of a problem than us. Whether or not you agree, most of them did. I engaged, on more than one occasion, outsiders who crossed the border to wage a religious war right alongside men who just months earlier were firing RPGs and 7.62 caliber rounds at me. The mission to replace the management of your country took a turn for the worse when Iraq became ground zero for a religious war fueled by zealots not even originating within your own borders.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This thread should be put under hoax. Your in Iraq like I am at the north pole. As far as the stats on the number of the people there killed we will never know the true story. They vary according to is reporting the stats
I do know it is terrible what has been done in the name of the banksters and their lust for oil.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
is there no good that came from removing sadam? has there been any positive change in your country as a result of the war could u post some of the changes that u and ur country men welcomed i understand alot of people died in the war and its very sad but there was more than oil at stake imo could u tell us what changes u have seen and think are a positive it cant all be bad we have nearly bankrupted our country tring to rebuild iraq.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join