It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squid reanimates with soy sauce

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ok, this is very disturbing on many levels. I find it hard to believe, but if you pour some soy sauce on a dead squid, it seems to come back to life for awhile. The soy sauce apparently activates the neurons in the squid, making it move about. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
That was awesome.

Dancing Zombie Squid Apocalypse AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thats pretty weird
It looks like it's trying to leave the bowl
I wonder what other dead things will do this when you pour soy sauce on them.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This makes me feel sick.

Reanimated squid, what are you talking about? In places such as Japan a lot of seafood is served live.

That soy sauce is just burning the hell out it. Absolutely disgusting on too many levels.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Actually it is dead the mantle of the squid has been cut off. Frog legs do the same thing, it's the sodium in the soy sauce (or you can use salt). It acts like electricity on the energy still stored in the muscles. Pretty cool actually (since they are dead and can't feel anything, otherwise yes cruel).

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Its bad enough that squids are quite intelligent. Whats worse is torturing while its still alive. Why does manunkind do these things to other creatures. Does it make men feel better that they can dominate something?
edit on 25-7-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Quick someone help me hold somone down so I can pour soya sauce in there eyes to see if they react like the squid.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Yeh, it's still alive...and it's sickening. No respect for nature. This can be observed by the continual Whale hunting, perverted attitude towards women and teenage girls....and ultimately a strange culture.

Actually, the perverted attitude can be scratched because the Western world is just as bad.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Nice to know someone has a heart.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This is freaking cool!

Now where do I get a full squid to do this to people at work and freak them the hell out?

Yes Im on a hunt now, if soy sauce does something to cause this I want to try it.

I havent read he responses to see but I read somewhere in comments that it is in the soy sauce?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
For those whining "oh the poor squid, how mean"

It's DEAD! Why not google a little before you comment.

This Japanese delicacy known as odori-don or “dancing squid rice bowl” is a variation on traditional squid sashimi and uses soy sauce to create the disturbing illusion of bringing a dead squid back to life. YouTube user Richard Fan shot the above video on a visit to Hokkaido’s Ikkatei Tabiji restaurant and explains that sodium in the soy causes neurons to fire, making the muscles twitch. The dish comes with the head cut into small sashimi slices and the rest joins as a side plate once the “performance” is complete.

It also has a video show the same thing with frog legs...

Take a chill pill people, it's not that bad and it's pretty damn cool if you think about it. Personally I want to find one and freak some friends out.I could make this and imagine their eyes when you do this! LOL

Dancing Squid

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

mmm yummy :-)

Fresh seafood is the best.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
makes me want a plate of calamari
& some marinara sauce for dipping on the side
delicious

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Saw this on tv a few months ago....The presenter freaked out so much! His cute little translator was in stitches with laughter.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Saw this on tv a few months ago....The presenter freaked out so much! His cute little translator was in stitches with laughter.

See THAT is funny!

I know if I did this at work a few would totally flip out and I would be on the floor laughing! LOL!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Same thing happens with frogs legs when you salt them. I believe the salt is acting as an electrolyte exciting the muscle fibers.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

thats hard to masterbate to

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
WE ARE HERE TO PRAISE THEE ZOMBIE SQUID!!!!!!

squid

ATTACK!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Oh the Squid is dead the Soy just causes it's nerves to fire....

Besides... Squid is good with soy sauce...

Are you a vegetarian?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by enament

Oh the Squid is dead the Soy just causes it's nerves to fire....

Besides... Squid is good with soy sauce...

Are you a vegetarian?

No I'm not vegetarian but I will say this don't play with you're food. I just think its disrespectful to the animal even if its not alive. The Native Indians of North America gave thanks to the animal and felt bad for the animals life they took to eat. So its a moral thing for me I feel bad enough every time I eat an animal and I also give thanks to the animal whos life I took to eat. How many people that go to McDonald's and order a hamburger and eat it think about the cow they eat? Paul McCartney once said" I don't eat anything with a face". Why do animals have to be so delicious anyway.
To me It would be like if I went to you're relatives funeral and removed him from the coffin and paraded him around for the amusement of others, would that bother you even though he is dead I would imagine it would.
So for a change put yourself in the animals shoes and think about what it must be like to be treated like a piece of meat. And do me a huge favor and watch a documentary on You tube called Earthlings, it might make you think about how badly animals used for meat are treated. Take care my friend you're entitled to you're opinion and so am I. I just think people need to grow a conscience and think about how badly the animals we eat are treated.Take care and watch Earthlings full length on youtube it should be required watching for anyone who eats animals.

edit on 26-7-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join