It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Photos of a UFO from Wisconsin from the 70's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
... the story is on the page that has been linked.

They found a spot along the shore where they could do some casting. Mr. S. had also brought along an FM portable radio. They had been at this spot for about a half an hour when the radio began picking up interference. It was then that Mr. S. looked up into the sky, thinking an airplane must be going over-head.

Great photos though. The glint of the sun on that photo where it's large and shows the underneath is somewhat convincing.

I'll tell you what's not very convincing, though. The way the clouds seem to rapidly change in the photos. None of them match except for the ones with no clouds in them at all. That's always a little fishy.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Growing up in Wisconsin during the 1970's (in Milwaukee) there were many many stories of sightings from northern wisconsin. Colfax, the town these pictures came from is in Dunn County, WI. It lies about 100 miles from the airforce base in Tomah, WI - a hotbed for unexplained object sightings - including 1 from myself in November 1991 of an object hovering over the Jackson County state forest that was shining a narrow green beam (like a laser, but wider) to the ground. This entire area - Jackson county, Dunn county - in Wisconsin is RIPE with sightings.

I do believe these pictures, if taken in Colfax WI, are real. Now, are they et or military? That is a whole different question that is open for debate.

If you ever find yourself in that part of Wisconsin, find your nearest small town, hit the cafe and ask the old timers there if they have ever seen something strange in the sky. You will be SHOCKED at the reports that you will get from very respectable people!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Those UFO's look like the Avrocar or similar models that could have been made for experiments and other early projects, but keep looking because everyone needs to know the truth about these objects.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The pictures look very clean and not blurry like most pics out there. I think you got some awesome pics here.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There were a good deal of cattle mutilations going on in WI during that early 70's timeframe as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I had forgotten that!

As 'america's dairyland' at that time, the cattle mutilations were a real major issue.

It all seemed to happen in that part of the state...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here is another link to the Mark Coltrane photos.

Obviously more going on here than meets the eye.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lowneck

Not least the details.

Instamatic or Polaroid camera?

The quality is too high for Polaroid or Instamatic, in my opinion, and why are there colour and b&w versions?

Nice link btw

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
70's UFO's look lame and slow,
could you imagine the aliens face in this UFO if he had a B2 Stealth bomber flying right be hind him? He'd crap his alien pants!! LOL

I can't wait until the 2030 models come out,
I heard they are a predator like cloaked hollow cylinders, Kind of like a cloaked long tubular Dyson Fan flying through the air.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

I wanna ride in a tubular dyson fan!

Those things amaze me just the way that they are!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1
reply to post by mjleonid12

Those are some very interesting photos.. Nice quality for being taking in the 70's, to boot.

Dumb statement. Have you looked at the cameras that were available then? And since at least the '30s?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
Those UFO's look like the Avrocar or similar models that could have been made for experiments and other early projects, but keep looking because everyone needs to know the truth about these objects.

You got it backwards. The Avrocar and similar models look like Flying Saucers, not UFOs.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
My issue with these would be the Drunk UFO Pilot issue. Assuming the camera was in the ballpark of level to the ground, the UFO was wildly out of control in a couple of shots. Seems to me a genuine craft would be stable and parallel to the ground.

One thing that has always influenced me is this exact issue. Does the manner in which it flies make sense. I tend to discount anything that appears to wobble on a pivot or appears to be very erratic in the way it is flying in relationship to the ground.

How can you tell that the object is wildly out of control, wobbling on a pivot, or flying very erratic from these stills with no reference to the background or even what they are capable of doing?

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I started out in photography with film of course and know how difficult those clear shots would have been to take. It would have required perfect circumstances. Remember we are talking camera's with no auto anything here. Focus, depth of field and exposure settings taken from a meter would be required and stopping motion almost demanded staging to get correctly for sharp images. The moving object has to be moving directly away from or towards you.

You make a good point here. According to the story the UFO slowed down once he started taking pictures. Perhaps the conditions were just right. I would think that if the camera was set to focus close up, and the image of the object at it's closest was pretty sharp and in focus, then the other images of it farther away would be more blurry and less focused... and to my eyes that seems to be the case. The lighting over all looks good and the grain seems about right for a cheap camera of those days.

They still look pretty cool, even if they are a hoax. Meier's can't compare IMO.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Interesting photo, one of the clearest ever taken

Here is a link to the sighting as discussed on UFO Evidence.

Link
edit on 28-3-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Yeah there's something about those pics that just seem a little off, even though there's no way to accurately judge the scale, it does appear to be one of the old 'pan-lid' photos, there's just something about the size that doesn't sit right with me.

Well, to reiterate, the clouds sure do change quickly from one photo to another. Almost as if maybe they weren't taken in the same sequence the witness describes.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Is the OP's link down for anyone else too?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
Is the OP's link down for anyone else too?

It is a site not allowed here.

I will remove it to avoid further confussion.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Yeah there's something about those pics that just seem a little off, even though there's no way to accurately judge the scale, it does appear to be one of the old 'pan-lid' photos, there's just something about the size that doesn't sit right with me.

Well, to reiterate, the clouds sure do change quickly from one photo to another. Almost as if maybe they weren't taken in the same sequence the witness describes.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Maybe the saucer just moved and the pictures were taken in different parts of the sky.

Isn't that a possibility or am I missing something?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Technology in the 70s was'nt too much inferior to what we have now.
Take it from someone who's been there.
The story states clearly, the camera was a Polaroid.... I had a Polaroid camera too, the images were always quite clear (providing you held it steady), and you could click off quite a few images very quickly. They were electric motor driven and shot the film out the bottom. You then had to wait 60 seconds or something, and peel the cover off the photo. Mine was an early 70s B&W, Im sure the late 70s colour were better.
Dont forget, this guy was a cop!! They were probably issued with Polariods back then for evidence taking, car smashes etc. I doubt a cop would go public after throwing a trash can lid and taking a photo with his police issue Polaroid.....But who knows.

As far as the Avro experiment...dont forget it was an Experiment...At the same time 59-61, Lockheed Designed, BUILT AND FLEW, the brilliant "Alien" SR71!!!! Considered Way WAY ahead of its time (or was it at its time? of course it was).
Not to mention the 56-57 Chrysler "Forward Look" outer space cars with FINS!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join