It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Photos of a UFO from Wisconsin from the 70's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by adam76
yes ver godd pics.... if real

Yes they are real pictures

:shk:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

What about the 1st pic? 2nd? 4th? etc.

And how you can get a plane pulling an add out of that picture, I will never know. These are pretty good pictures. Its always nice to see new UFO shots rather than getting the same ones over and over.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jo Jo
And how you can get a plane pulling an add out of that picture, I will never know.

Skeptics use selective reasoning...so far we have a button, a frisbee, a trash can lid and I must admit a plane pulling an ad is a new one. The point is the skeptics can't even agree on what it is, yet they are all sure.

:shk:

"It's too blurry... can't make it out.. photo is useless.."
"It's too clear... must be fake..."

edit on 25-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

How can we prove these pictures are actually from the 70's though.

What if they have just been touched up to look like they were taken in the 70's

They are quite clear..

It just makes me thing with the quality of the pictures and all maybe these were taken more recent than in the 70's

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
How can we prove these pictures are actually from the 70's though.

Well one way is look for the old case files. I have seen this one before but never these clear versions. And the other sites all just show two images

UFOcasebook has it listed here

1978 - Colfax, Wisconsin. On April 19, 1978, police officer Mark Coltrane was on patrol in the vicinity of Colfax, a small town with thousands of inhabitants in Wisconsin, USA.

At midday, he decided to stop the car to eat something in a small isolated area. He noted that his radio was emitting crackles. He then noticed a metallic-looking disc raising towards the the sky at a short distance from the parking space.

While the object seemed to move towards him, Coltrane picked up his Polaroid camera, came out of the car and snapped some photographs.

The object was so close in one of the images that it is possible to notice some details of its lower surface. Truly amazing photograph.

This day in UFO History: April 19, 1978 Police took two photos of a UFO sighting in day time.
angelesovni.blogspot.com...

But source is all the same...

Source: Wendelle Stevens (credit: UFOs at Close Sight (Ufologie.net) ID: 877
Case Type: SummaryReport Features: Photo, E-M Effects, Police
www.ufoevidence.org...

Wayback machine only shows ufologie.net... going back to 2004... so that is no help
edit on 25-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Good images,but like everyone else(surely),...someone gotta get us some footage..a broke wing mirror,a gravity generator , or anything!!! photos and " i saw this" statements aint gettin us along the road of disclosure...

be honest,are we any closer or any nearer the truth,since mr arnolds sighting?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If these photos are legit and its actually a UFO do you think this is a U.S military Black project.

Or

A E.T Alien UFO

I'm thinking more of a U.S military project.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mjleonid12

I am no expert on pictures...but I feel these may be real. The question is to me...where did the UFO originate from? Is it an aircraft made here on earth...and they are testing it? Or..,..is it from another planet.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I hate it when there is nothing in the picture with the U.F.O to show scale...I'm pretty sceptical when I see photos of craft in the air without some sort of reference point.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My issue with these would be the Drunk UFO Pilot issue. Assuming the camera was in the ballpark of level to the ground, the UFO was wildly out of control in a couple of shots. Seems to me a genuine craft would be stable and parallel to the ground.

One thing that has always influenced me is this exact issue. Does the manner in which it flies make sense. I tend to discount anything that appears to wobble on a pivot or appears to be very erratic in the way it is flying in relationship to the ground.

Another problem is nothing in the photo's for reference meaning it could simply be a small model and staged like Billy's crap.

I started out in photography with film of course and know how difficult those clear shots would have been to take. It would have required perfect circumstances. Remember we are talking camera's with no auto anything here. Focus, depth of field and exposure settings taken from a meter would be required and stopping motion almost demanded staging to get correctly for sharp images. The moving object has to be moving directly away from or towards you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If these pictures are legit, and they seem to be, then I would assume that they are pictures of some old military test. Good find!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mjleonid12

This looks like a very earthly experimental craft. The metal and materiality spells 50s-70s type aircraft.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They look like fake DIY hoax UFO's of that era. Garbage can lids, etc. Was pretty popular to do....

There is also no blur, indication of a non-moving object. Especially with such dated cameras, there would be motion blur.
edit on 7/25/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
This looks like a very earthly experimental craft. The metal and materiality spells 50s-70s type aircraft.
If you think it's military, what kind of propulsion do you think it uses?

This disc from the 1958-1961 era, the "Avrocar", was man-made and has some similarities in appearance as you suggest, but a view of the top or bottom would have revealed a man-made propulsion system:
Source 1:20 in www.cbsnews.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05a9dd851630.png[/atsimg]

Top view:

Since I don't see evidence of a man-made propulsion system that is publicly known in the 1978 photos, if it's man-made, I think the propulsion system would have to be still a secret today as would be this craft. That's not impossible but I seriously doubt it, because we now know of other classified (now declassified) craft going back that far, which lack any such advanced propulsion.

However an alternative man-made propulsion system could be to dangle the object or toss it if it's a fake, which it might be.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
Ah, those were the days!

When UFOs were flying saucers!

I still haven't seen a good explanation for why the saucers stopped showing up and all we see now is huge hovering light arrays and weird shape-shifting plasma blobs.

But as interesting as the whole UFO thing is, there are more urgent matters requiring our attention. Someone's trying to put us and our country out of business, and we need a counter-strategy!...
For the same reason we dont see Gremlins or Pacers anymore. Those were the vehicles of the 70's. We're in the SUV/ Plasma phase now.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
They look like fake DIY hoax UFO's of that era. Garbage can lids, etc. Was pretty popular to do....

There is also no blur, indication of a non-moving object. Especially with such dated cameras, there would be motion blur.
There were cameras in 1978 that could stop motion blur just fine in daylight photos, but apparently the camera used wasn't one of them, since the story refers to it as an "instamatic", which weren't very great cameras. Even with an instamatic, the more distant shots wouldn't show much motion blur if the object wasn't traveling too fast which he claims it wasn't, from the OP article:

Mr. S. said it slowed down considerably after he took the first picture. He said he had “the feeling it knew it was being photographed”
What would help to show it's not a fake in a case like this, is a bunch of other corroborating witnesses. Are there any?

The article only mentions an enigmatic "girlfriend" but no name or witness quotes from her, or anybody else. While a lack of other witnesses doesn't prove it's a fake, it sure doesn't help to establish credibility either.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

It's a helicopter propulsion, maybe with some sort of jet engine for forward thrust.

See most helicopters have a tail to counter the rotation push of the main blades. But in reality, you could just put a clone of the main blade rotating the opposite direction right above the main blade.

This is called Coaxial technology.

Any chopper seen here could be redone into a ufo-shape. Just top a jet engine or two and you've got yourself a very well designed vtol craft.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I don't see any helicopter blades or blurred shadows from them, not even the coaxial type, nor any ducts big enough to allow such internal blades to propel the craft, as seen on the avrocar photo I posted.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I do. Those four little nobs from the bottom view, also there's something kinda in the center. In theory you could work with pressure and other forces to work out the craft's weight.

Hell, for all we know it's like the Dyson Fan. I could imagine the edges being where the air comes out of or goes in. This not only increases crew space, but also allows for more bombs/computers/instruments, etc etc.

i.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone
First thing that pops into my mind is frisbee. Nice clear photos tho!

Yeah, they look a little on the small side. Which is not to say that it couldn't be a smallish probe of some kind. After all, unless they were carrying passengers, a UFO could be the size of a fly. Why not?

P.S. -- Oh, one thing I think is kind of interesting is that if you look at the bottom of the thing, it's not really a pure, circular saucer thing. It's more like a rounded off rectangle. Not that it means anything.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join