It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wondering..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ok so often I see the same post on the same topics....BUT it never bothers me that it may be reposted 2,3,4 or even 10 times. My question is.. Why is it if a post is made multiple times does it seem like people get really angry or annoyed? I mean maybe they just haven't logged on for awhile or maybe they haven't gotten around to the weekly current events. I completely understand that some are being helpful, but for the most part I get this underlying sense of just genuine annoyance.... I mean how you could possibly make another thread on the same topic HOW DARE THEY!! So s it me? Or does anyone else get that vibe?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Someone posted this a few days ago.

Use the search function.

JK =)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
People not useing the search on ATS to see if there are other posts .
This kind of ticks some folks off .
These things happen mostly by accident as by the tine you go through getting the video and makeing a comment someone thats faster has beaten you to the punch

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I guess what I'm getting at is... Humans like to feel needed or feel like they have contributed to something. It makes them feel good.. And when they go through the trouble of making a post doing a video it seems someone has to come along and rain on there parade..plus maybe others have missed the original post and there also seeing it for the first time.. So I say let go and stop saying already posted if you have read it then just don't open the damn post up.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by copernicus2012
I guess what I'm getting at is... Humans like to feel needed or feel like they have contributed to something. It makes them feel good.. And when they go through the trouble of making a post doing a video it seems someone has to come along and rain on there parade..plus maybe others have missed the original post and there also seeing it for the first time.. So I say let go and stop saying already posted if you have read it then just don't open the damn post up.

People need to use the search engine so that doesn't happen, although that won'st solve the issue if several people are posting about the same topic at the same time.

So I say let go and stop saying already posted if you have read it then just don't open the damn post up.

I have seen multiple times that people have posted threads about the same topic using different enough headlines that the reader may think it is a different subject. So your rant about not opening threads is not necessarily that easy.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the OP about the anti-multiple-post thing. I understand it can cause confusion when there are too many posts on a topic and perhaps if they proliferate to a certain extent they should be regulated. But what bothers me is the people who try to turn ATS into a contest for stars n' flags and freak out if people aren't coming to their little playground, so they go around trying to shunt conversations into their threads.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
HEY! This should be in the Rant section!!!

I guess it annoys some people? Dunno. Way I see it, let the mods do their jobs and we just keep suppling the content.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by copernicus2012

It is a bit distressing, but it is true that people use different enough headings to elude the searcher of that problem.

If ATS could find a way to keep a database of every link ever used in an article, then when you insert a link in your thread, there could be a way for the network/program to do a search in the database for the same url. Then it would pull up all the results and the one making the thread could go through and see if they are really contributing or just copying someone else's thread. Of course, it would still be discretionary, but maybe that would be a neat system to put into place.

Sometimes people will use the same article in a completely different way or arguing a different point... Then maybe it's acceptable. Otherwise, I agree. It is annoying to do a search and come up with 3 different threads that all say the same thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by copernicus2012

i see this happening on another website but that one doesn't have submissions posted until a Mod approves them. then chuckleheads chime in with the pete...repeat thing. hilarious (not). looks like it will happen no matter how a site hopes it won't.

top topics

join