It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don’t I EVER dream of Aliens or UFOS’s? Do you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Seeking Help/Answers: Why can I NEVER dream about Aliens or UFOS - even though I spend much of every waking day thinking about them?

Ok – so this here is a fair question that has been bugging me for some time. You guys can really help me out here....

I’m a long-time student and researcher of the Alien/UFO enigma. I know many of you are also. I’m also a lucid dreamer – have had formal training in self-hypnosis, dream control, recording dream scenarios, etc. Have been doing it for years. No big deal - it helps with other mundane aspects of life - work family, etc.

So – my question is: Nearly EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in my personal and professional life at one time or another works its way into a dream now and then. Friends, family, pets, cars, stuff I read about, have seen in a movie, places I’ve visited, odd and innocuous/inanimate objects like houses and furniture and milk cartons and trees – some in unusual positions or circumstances (which is perfectly normal) are regular visitors.

But NEVER aliens or UFOs! Why not!?!?

I continuously read many hour’s worth of Alien/UFO material every day of my life and have been doing so longer than I can remember. Why don’t the subjects or characters of these books/forums/documentaries, etc. EVER show up in ANY dreams? It’s bizarre.

The expert thinking on this topic is that things you spend your conscious hours associating with work their way into your subconscious and then, during a dream state (REM sleep, or, sometimes induced during a daytime nap or mediation -> oops, fell asleep).

Well – everything else I can think of has no problem coming to the surface during a dream. Even fictional stuff like monster insects or strange people I don’t know or places I’m unfamiliar with – but NEVER Aliens or UFOs!

There is a trick that lucid dreamers practice (and others) to influence your dreaming. It goes something like this: as you feel yourself falling asleep you start pumping thoughts into your mind about the subject you want to dream about. A similar technique is used to help you remember your dreams, i.e., as you fall asleep you affirm to yourself that you will have vivid dreams, that you will remember your dreams, and that (if you’re really good at this – not me so much), that you will be able to have some control over your actions in the dream. Of course, these techniques are not fool-proof and hardly 100% successful, but they do seem to help me remember my dreams more easily since I’ve started doing it. I also try to write down dreams I can remember to compare symbols and scenes and such with research material later.

Yet again – no matter HOW MANY TIMES or how strongly I try and influence Aliens/UFOs to be a part of my dreams, IT NEVER WORKS! I can plant a seed about my work, my family, a vacation I want to take – all sorts of things. But NOT Aliens and/or UFOs. Where the heck are they??

Now some people (even professionals) that I’ve mentioned this to say that I am somehow subconsciously suppressing these things Aliens/UFOs and my subconscious is not allowing them to come to the surface in my dreams. I don’t buy that explanation because other ‘scary’ or anxiety-ridden things manage to emerge once in a while. Things such as being stuck in a dentist chair, falling or driving off a cliff, drowning, being chased by bad guys or giant spiders – you know nightmare stuff – happen now and then, just like to most people. If it’s a bad nightmare – rare, but happens once a year or so, I typically wake up before any major defining moment, such as a crash, dying, or being hurt, caught, or what-have-you. So – these things are not “suppressed”; why would Aliens/UFOs necessarily?

I’ve also noticed that I often have dreams about something that was very visual or profound or enigmatic that occurred in the days or even hours immediately prior to the dream. I dreamed about being on a cruise ship (without incident) soon after seeing 'Titanic', dreamt about my grandmother soon after visiting her, about my new neighbor soon after moving in to a new home and so on. Ok – then why is it that after spending hour after hour watching Alien/UFO films or putting down yet another Alien/UFO book on my nightstand before retiring for the night, and, for crying aloud, after pleading and begging to finally dream about Aliens/UFOs IT CAN’T BE DONE??? I can do it with any other aspect of my life – just NOT THIS ONE! WHY NOT?!?

Ok, yeah so, I've had erotic dreams too - who hasn't? Old friends, strangers, whatever. No big deal. But never with "you-know-who"...

And I know some people claim to be have been abducted, etc. I'm not doubting them - not necessarily believing them all either. I sure don't think I ever have. I really have no fear of these things (Aliens and/or UFOs) - just insanely curious about them is all. I mean, seriously, I lurk here on ATS for hours on end - post a reply now and then, less frequently start a thread like this. But I sure soak this stuff up like a sponge. Daily. So my head ought to be crammed full of it. WHY CAN'T MY SUBCONSCIOUS LET ANY OF IT OUT IN A DREAM???

*sigh*

That’s it – that’s my story, folks. It’s as true and honest as I can make it. Can you help?

My question to you all is this: Have any of you experienced the same thing (the Inability to dream about Aliens/UFOs)?

For those of you that HAVE dreamt about Aliens/UFOs – what was it like? Did it relate to something you experienced – a movie/book/ATS thread? Did you do anything to induce such a dream – or did it just happen naturally?

And: For those of you that are willing and are lucid dreamers (dream in vivid colors – can maybe control some of your actions/behavior) – would you please TRY the ‘asking-your-subconscious’ technique and report back here briefly to us about what transpired? Did it work? What did you see/feel? Were you familiar with what came to you in your dream or was it something entirely foreign to your conscience?

Thank you all very much for taking the time to read this admittedly lengthy expose and for offering any comments or suggestions or your own experiences in reply. I really appreciate it because I would really like to know what is PREVENTING me from being able to dream about my favorite, most engaging, most time-consuming, most intellectually stimulating subject: Aliens and UFOs. WHY WON’T THEY COME AT NIGHT or IN A DREAM- Just ONCE??

Peace, my friends... and thanks for your valuable contributions in helping me understand this...
edit on 7/24/2011 by Outrageo because:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I had a dream years ago, where we (the earth I presume) were at war with aliens. I actually remembering dying in the dream, from being shot by a "laser beam" or something while taking cover behind a car door. However to your original point, Yes i do, but not all the time.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have tons of dreams where Im maybe driving and I see a UFO. I had one scariest dream of my life where I dreamt I was walking around my complex and no one was there except a friend and we were trying to start a car and it wouldnt start and then a Giant luminescent organic Centipede ship hovering only few feet from the ground sped up and passed us and we were kidnapped by Giant troll alien things. A UFO/alien dream is one dream you dont want to have , my friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
lol i liked youre thread. i dont know why you dont dream about aliens. but i have on many occasions, and its really not much fun.

edit on 24-7-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
what is the third picture from?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I've only dreamed about aliens once..about a week ago and it wasn't a good dream. They had huge machines like vacuums sucking up like the top 10 feet of earths surface in huge swathes. my family and I were running from it. Scared the crap out of me and I couldn't go back to sleep.

However I do dream about flying a lot..and I have a bungee cord stuck to me..I'm deathly afraid of heights in real life and in the dreams as well...I don't know why I dream about flying so much when I am so scared of heights.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I thought I once told someone that I rarely or didn't have any dreams about aliens. Then I suddenly started having dreams with aliens in space or on distant planets. It seemed like I planted a thought that surfaced in my dreams.

I even had one dream where it seemed like I was half asleep and half awake and communicating telepathically with an alien. I had another dream (or did I read something somewhere?) that aliens have a communication network set up using telepathy and that it was possible some human brains are hubs and they aren't even aware of this. Unless something is wrong and some information leaks out but it probably wouldn't make much sense. I dreamed I might be a hub or something and one scientist type of alien decided to contact me. He sent me images of his star system and general location. Somewhere around 30,000 to 37,000 light years away in this galaxy. His appearance is a bit lizard like but it stood upright with possibly 3 legs or a very large tail. I have strange dreams quite a lot though.

Maybe you have a mental block. If you imagine some knock out girl or girls you met at a bar or club were really aliens and they took you aboard their ship, you might be half way there to removing that block. Or maybe you can imagine aliens in a ship in orbit checking their monitors stating "subject 35,789 dream inhibitor still active but subject attempting to override", send team to investigate, maybe you'll get some strange dream.

My dreams were usually set here on Earth until someone told me how he was dreaming about aliens all the time and I said I never dreamed about them.

I think my best alien dream was the one with 3 very pretty blonds that looked very human. The dream seemed kind of normal except that there were 3 extremely hot girls coming for me. They took me to their ship. We said goodbye and that they might come back and visit me again.

That was a whole lot better than when I had a dream where some gray type aliens psychically abducted my astral body even though my dream made it seem like a real body. I think I was the first human that almost took over their ship. It was fun terrorizing the aliens giving them back some of their own medicine. About the only device of theirs that worked on me was some kind of emergency beam out device. The device that was supposed to stop me from moving around did not work on me. I dreamed I was sent a telepathic message that I was blacklisted from any more abductions. I sent them back a message that I'll be back. I never had any more dreams like that.

I remember one lucid dream where I interfered in two alien species having large battles among their space fleets. It became a bit lucid after one species fired on me. I ended up wiping one species out of existence. No evidence left to prove I even did it.
edit on 24/7/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Funny you should metion UFO dreams as i had one last night, I live in Tasmania Australia but all last night i dreamt that there was a fleet of magnetic discs that were underground and flying all over Denver colorado, from what i could see in my dream the interfearence was making peoples equlibrium all messed up and people couldnt walk properly or function, it was really strange. So yeah i do dream of UFO's but this is the first one that has stuck in my brain and or made me feel uneasy.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
what is the third picture from?

I'm really not sure, JPhish... The image shows up now and then on many blogs and forums and such. Looks familiar to me too - but I don't recognize it from any particular movie or anything. I just grabbed it from my folder of thousands of such images of Aliens to help illustrate my opening post. I have plenty more - some really "out there'.

To me this guy(gal?) just kind of looks both 'other-worldly', knowledgeable, and maybe/maybe not a bit sinister. He (it) has that expression I would expect to see in a dream - IF I COULD JUST HAVE ONE ALREADY!

Thanks,,,

edit on 7/24/2011 by Outrageo because: "Well, Hello there..."

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Because you are protected my friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
When I'm bored in church, I have daydreamed about several human looking aliens with some battle gear on one arm and some other gear on beam into the church building at various locations. Then I dreamed one very nice looking girl grabs my arm and injects me with something. Then she says "commander,sorry for blowing your cover, but you're needed back on planet 359". "I've injected nanobots to remove your memory block." Then I throw the car keys to my relative saying I need to leave for a little bit and beam out of church. That was only a daydream but I don't remember ever dreaming about that at night. I guess the cool part about that daydream is a bright sunny day becomes very dark and overcast before all that happens. The ship above blocks out the sun for miles.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well you stated you had such good control over your dreams, yet no UFO/alien dreams...

Doubt it is fishy, only part that is fishy is your supposed "control" of the dream state.

I think you should focus on understanding yourself and the dreams you do currently have, instead of pompously stating that you have mastered dreaming(or that it is "easy").

I will give you a first hint to get you started. You will only remember the dreams that are important to you or that you were having as you were awakened.

--hoblescotch

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You know that is really weird that you point this out.

I've never even thought about it but I also have never had an alien dream...as far as I can remember. I am definitely a believer, and I too have read a lot and seen a lot of documentaries regarding the subject. However I have never had a dream with any semblance of an alien in it.

I have dreams all the time. Weird dreams, normal dreams, wet dreams, and dry dreams. Anything you could think of in your waking life, and anything that nobody would ever think of in their craziest dreams have made their way into my subconscious. But I have never had a dream of an alien.

I'm just a normal 20 year old white dude, but last night I had a dream that I was an old Indian man living in a fancy house with a big family. I don't know why I would dream of that...I've never wanted to be an Indian man, so why would that make its way into my dream? But like you, I think about aliens a lot. I'm not overwhelmed by the subject, but I have read a lot on them. I could probably very easily write a book about them. But I have never dreamt about them.

You make a very intriguing point...and one that I've never realized until now.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNate
Funny you should metion UFO dreams as i had one last night, I live in Tasmania Australia but all last night i dreamt that there was a fleet of magnetic discs that were underground and flying all over Denver colorado, from what i could see in my dream the interfearence was making peoples equlibrium all messed up and people couldnt walk properly or function, it was really strange. So yeah i do dream of UFO's but this is the first one that has stuck in my brain and or made me feel uneasy.

I live in Denver, maybe I should go out to DIA and inspect those tunnels.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Well if u see any discs or start to feel a little woozy let me know lol

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have dreams about aliens quite often, and they're almost always about them invading Earth. Seems bad, but I'm like a Rambo character in my dreams kicking all kinds of ass, and when I wake up I always think "man that was fun and exciting." Sometimes the dreams take place on a Halo or Call of Duty map. All in all those dreams are some of the best I have.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I can't answer why you don't have dreams on this subject. I certainly have had a few. Most of them have been terrifying and a few of those seemed so real that I've always kept the notion in the back of my mind that maybe they were.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Aliens

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29caf602eacc.jpg[/atsimg]

Never..

UFO'S

All the time

I also had a dream about standing on the Akashic Book of Records, it was interesting watching myself
as 12 copies Similar but not identical. It was the End of the Book i was seeing, an end to all of this.

Anyways, interesting topic Op thanks!
edit on 25-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Why can I NEVER dream about Aliens or UFOS - even though I spend much of every waking day thinking about them?

You actually answered your own question in your first sentence.

Maybe you've forgotten - or aren't aware of the fundamental principles behind dreams. They're made up of bits from your subconscious, things lodged in your brain but not remembered or at the forefront of your mind, that can remain lodged there for days even weeks, and then pop up randomly.

I don't dream of aliens and UFOs, presumably, because I give both adequate thought on a daily basis. There are other things in waking life I know I think about specifically on a daily basis and subsequently never dream of them. It may not be true for everyone, but in my case at least - by thinking about something prior to sleeping, or concentrating on anything in particular will keep it in the forefront of your mind and not in your subconscious.

Now some people (even professionals) that I’ve mentioned this to say that I am somehow subconsciously suppressing these things Aliens/UFOs and my subconscious is not allowing them to come to the surface in my dreams.

Well, I'd assume that's because they're in your conscious mind too frequently to ever fall back into your subconscious and become part of the formula needed to dream about them.

If you spent a few days or a week not thinking about aliens and UFO's, and not actively TRYING not to think about them - I'm sure you'd find eventually one or two would pop up. The same way with lucid dreaming, if you want to trigger it - you have to work on keeping something in the forefront of your mind, then allow it to fall back into your subconscious to later reap the benefits.

Bottom line - it's perfectly normal to push these dreams out of your system by thinking about those subjects you expect to encounter in dreams on a daily basis. Think less about them, and you're likely to dream more about them.

A UFO/alien dream is one dream you dont want to have , my friend.

An interesting point by another poster. I've only had one UFO dream myself ever - I'm 26, I've been active daily on ATS for nearly 2 years, had UFOs on my mind since my first sighting in 2006 and always been interested in the subject of aliens & UFOs since a kid. I can't explain why I haven't dreamt of them - but my moto is - a dream is a dream. Who cares
I know I certainly don't when people start spouting out what they dreamt about - a dream may be relevant to the holder but it can never, ever be relevant to anyone else, IMO.

Anyway - although I wouldn't agree with the posters above statement entirely - I would agree the feeling can be intense. I felt fear in my dream but also excitement. The dreams I don't particularly like are nuclear bomb dreams, ones where death is inevitable - my UFO dream was nothing like that. Despite the fear, the strange edge of excitement has left me with a taste for more.
edit on 25-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'd be careful if i were you, your Pastor may just be a mind reading Alien Hybrid

Originally posted by orionthehunter
When I'm bored in church, I have daydreamed about several human looking aliens with some battle gear on one arm and some other gear on beam into the church building at various locations. Then I dreamed one very nice looking girl grabs my arm and injects me with something. Then she says "commander,sorry for blowing your cover, but you're needed back on planet 359". "I've injected nanobots to remove your memory block." Then I throw the car keys to my relative saying I need to leave for a little bit and beam out of church. That was only a daydream but I don't remember ever dreaming about that at night. I guess the cool part about that daydream is a bright sunny day becomes very dark and overcast before all that happens. The ship above blocks out the sun for miles.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join