It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost an hour of time, came here to see if anyone else did.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I haven't posted to ATS in years but I have a lot of respect for the site. I wanted to share what happened to me today and I hope some of you had a similar experience. At 1:00pm (mountain time) I sent a text to my friend asking if it was ok for me to pick him up at 1:30pm and go to the lake. He responded that 1:30 was fine. I did not specify time in my text, I said "30min" he specifically said, "1:30." As soon as he answered I sent a text to another friend with the same question and we set up to meet at the lake around 2pm. Then I finished packing my lunch, grabbed some towels, had my 3yr old use the bathroom and headed out the door. When I turned on my car and looked at the clock it said, 2:30. I thought my clock was wrong so I checked my phone. 2:30pm. I started to wonder what the hell had happened, I knew it had not taken me over an hour to grab lunch and some towels. I got to my friend's house and asked him what time it was, he mentioned that the clock in my car was "wrong" and looked at his phone. By then it was 2:45pm. From the time I texted him to the time I arrived at his house he had finished lunch and smoked a cigarette. He clearly recalled that we were meeting at 1:30pm. When we arrived at the lake first thing we asked my friend what time it was, he said, "I think it's about 2:00pm." We told him to look at his phone. It said 3:05pm. He had used the bathroom, smoked a cigarette and grabbed some towels between texting me and leaving the house. There is nowhere for an hour to have gone by in our lives and every clock, not just our cell-phones agreed on the time. We lost that hour. We are wondering wtf happened, and if it was only us affected?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
what did your 3 year old say about it? and welcome to ats!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Interesting, I don't believe I lost an hour
today - I am EST. Think real hard about
exactly what you did during that time -
you did grab towels and such, could you
have lingered longer than you thought, that
has happened to me. I wonder if anyone
else had this experience.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I slept for an hour this afternoon, so technically, yes.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think I got your hour of lost time back while I was reading your post.
Or at least, it felt like it.
Welcome to Hell

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by asher18

Could just be that the time on your cell was wrong....it malfunctioned or something. Hope you had a good day.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Caught in a time storm maybe

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by asher18

Did you and your friends look back at the time stamp on the texts? Maybe, just maybe, you messaged each other later than you originally thought. That is the only 'logical' explanation I can think of right now!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There is a breach in the space time continuum !!
a black hole is entering our solar system
but no worry we wont notice anything .. only time missing

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Are you all on the same network, and is the time set to automatically update itself? I know that I've caught my phone out displaying the time from a different zone, and it will proceed to put this time stamp on everything including texts, notes, calls and calendar entries.

If you were all communicating by phone, I can't imagine you would have had any need to check the time on a watch or clock since it would be displayed on screen. Maybe the time was set back an hour during your arrangements and it reset itself as you were getting ready?

Edit: Even if you're not on the same network, the time may just be set by the closest cell tower. Not entirely sure, but would be worth a look.
edit on 25-7-2011 by luckythirteen because: Avoiding double posting

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I can see it taking longer than I thought to grab towels and get lunch, but not by an hour or more. Even if I did take longer than I thought, it doesn't explain my two friends. They only did a couple of things during that time as well and both also thought it was an hour earlier until I had them look at the time. The time on our cell phone messages coincides with the "time change," the really weird part about that is the text from my friend saying, "So you will be here about 1:30?" The phone says it was sent at 1:54, our rememberance sets those messages at 12:54. Why would BOTH of us be sending texts setting up a meeting at 1:30 when it was already 20min past that? It seems ridiculous to think that we both had the wrong time, misjudged by the same amount and neither noticed it. I noticed someome mentioned time storms, thanks, I am looking that up.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Did you buy a watch off Del boy?

join