It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction - newbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hello hello! Let me start by describing how I came to be here, joining you guys on your quest for truth. Basically, I'm a skeptic. I don't trust what we're taught about human history or current affairs, so I always do my own research. Turns out, pretty much everything we're taught in schools or told on TV is bollocks. I'm sure most of you have reached the same conclusion. Of course, "research" nowadays necessarily involves a lot of web searching (I'm lucky in that I have, through my local university, access to a multitude of scientific journals and such - not that they hold significantly more weight in my eyes, but it's useful to get the "establishment" view as a point of contrast with the truth), and as such, I stumbled on this site time and time again. 'Lo and behold, I'm not alone. (Nor are "we"). I've read thousands of posts on this site, and have a very hard time prying myself away from reading into some the mysteries you guys touch on. There are lots of "alternative" groups and forums out there, but none so comprehensive as this one, nor with as large a following. This is the place to be, I have determined, if one wants to dig deeper into the news of the day (or the past, or the future for that matter), and have intelligent discussions thereon. So here I am. I'm 27, I live in Wyoming, and I believe most of what von Daniken, Sitchin et al. talk about in their books. This is only because I follow evidence over rhetoric. Find me a religion based on hard evidence, and I'll probably convert (from my current affiliation of general "ancient astronaut theory", as posited by Sitchin but with some exceptions in my personal beliefs). Find me a written history older than that of the Sumerians, and I will listen avidly.
Until then, my curiosity, coupled with my disdain for the propaganda of The Powers That Be, forbid me from not signing up with this forum and putting my two cents worth in the pot. Hello to all, and thank you to whomever started this site, and maintained it into it's current form.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyc1873

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hello and welcome.

Look forward to your discussions.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wellcome to the site friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyc1873

Welcome to ATS....and...I look forward to your input.

top topics

join