It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicidal woman saved by a hero cop and a cell phone!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

If individuals really wanted to co-mitt suicide, they would go somewhere where no one would find them, or not tell anyone. Until either that individual is found dead or it is too late to save them.

Those who contact family members to say goodbye, know in a small dark area of their brains they do not want to com-mitt suicide and that call is a cry out for help.

Have seen it often enough people trying to take their own life's, most are crying out for help. You just have to be patient and listen to them, if they are feeling suicidal, mostly letting them getting what ever is depressing them, getting it off their chest sometimes work. Dont get me wrong it is not the answer to everything, but being there for someone like that does help sometimes.

That officer should be commended for his heroic actions, he went above and beyond his duties. Flag and Star. Ty for this article.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Saving someone from suicide is not exactly saving a life, it is saving a death.
There is a life there somewhere that still needs saving.
He did not save a life. He stopped a physical shell from damage.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i knew if i came in here, atleast 1 / 3rd of the people would be putting a negative spin on this.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xPico

Glass half empty, glass half full.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
She might still be alive but her life still probably sucks.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
That girl obviously is an amateur suicidalist because pills are the worst way to go.

HA! Can you show me a Professional "suicidalist"? Or are they all dead?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Nah I'm still here and yeah pills are the worst, Your organs will go and life will still suck!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Because she wasn't in the right frame of mind to be making such a strong, rash decision like that. People who commit suicide are often mentally unstable.

And who said that her family didn't care about her beforehand? I couldn't see that in the article

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I salute the MAN who cared enough to keep looking. I challenge the all to often used term ¨hero¨ for what is basically the policeś job. It was the man who took this in his heart and the man who gets the kudos that he was a cop just makes it a job related experience. EMTś are not constantly showered with hero status but LE has such a poor PR they seem to need to make heroism from duty.
I applaud and give kudos to this MAN but with hold the hero approbation for those who are in personal danger while aiding another.
seed

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Pretty big conclusions about her family... I smell trololololo or a person that cannot simply think. Her reason for suicide is also unknown. She could be totally thankful and feel happy she is alive later. If not =D she can always try suicide again, but not f-up and not kill herself.

Props to the cop! I cannot believe 911 did not want to send people out to help. Tax payer dollars at work............. serving the people my a$$.
edit on 25-7-2011 by ElectricWizard because: .

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
awesome

I remember watching a true crime show on Discovery, and the guy was shot or stabbede, but didn't know his location. So the dispatcher in contact with the police who had thier sirens on, lead them to the victim by hearing whether or not thier sirens were getting closer or farther from the guy.

Kinda like a life and death game of "Hot + Cold".

in the end they found the guy and saved him.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Although awful to hear about the girl and her family, I feel very uplifted by the police man's dedication and spirit.
It shows human kindness and compassion in a world where sometimes it is hard to believe such a thing still exists.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Taking the pills and then calling her mom, plus leaving the phone connected points very much towards it being attention seeking behaviour. This sort of act is selfish to the extreme. Clearly the poor woman is unhappy and needs professional help but playing games like this is not the answer.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Thats horrible. That poor women, her family didn't care enough before this attempt. She wanted to end her life why should anyone stop her.

Go download and watch the documentary on the Golden Gate Bridge. "The Bridge". I there you'll see survivors of the jump. Everyone (obviously the one's who survived) said that as soon as they left the bridge on the way down, they all knew they had done the wrong thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm Amazed

I live in Queens and can't believe the cop even showed up, where was his partner ? oh yeah it was pretty hot out and stayed in the AC .

In Queens they are known for not wanting to bother themselves with your problems or they show up 2hrs later and hope some else did their job for them. You cant even get them to leave their cars unless there is a Dunkin Donuts a Diner or its time to go home, they blow their sirens and make you go to them. try flagging one down they drive right by and keep going.

About time one earned his pay, i wonder if he's retiring and wanted to at least do one good thing in his career. don't see how he's a hero for doing his job that he is paid to do
, but if other people see him as one, so be it.
Again I Amazed

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Quite simply, when someone tries to kill themselves they are, by definition, mentally unstable. A person should only have the right to kill themselves when they are going to die anyway very soon and would rather not feel the pain of whatever thing is going to kill them. The other suicidal attempts, like these, could very well end in any number of ways. From drunk driving, to suicide by police. All of which entitle many problems, but to others and the police.

Quite frankly, she was insane. And they had the mission of dealing with an insane person.

Besides, you are assuming they didn't care before hand. Might have been a all for attention.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I guess they'll leave out the part about the airline finding out and firing her out of fear of liability issue should she make another attempt in flight. Getting fired will surely decrease the odds of a second attempt. Good job free press.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
No human wants to die for attention. She wanted to die. Until you've lived a life that's only handed you bad cards, keep your mouths shut.

There's 6 billion people on the planet, once in a while, there's bound to be that one person who no matter what they do, will constantly find themselves in terrible situations. Good, honest people. Laws of probability and chance. Eventually an innocent person is going to land a #ty life.

My 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well I'm gonna congratulate the guy. Good karma to him.

Poor girl. Least she can be reassured that there's one decent person on this planet

Edit: Having lost TWO good friends to sucide, some of the comments I find to be tasteless.
edit on 25-7-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join