It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Deploying 20,000 Troops In U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
So, um, isn't this against the Constitution? Also, doesn't this pretty much blatantly show that something is very, very wrong?

What is against the Constitution ? having troops deployed at home? I think not especially when you have the war powers enacted so because your country is in a constant state of emergency a lot more can happen without any say from your congress and you individual rights could be trampled in a min.

yea isnt Posse_Comitatus there to prevent troops being deployed in america to watch over american citizens?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So you folks all want your military to sit around with its finger up its jacksie if there's ever a national disaster, and not be used to help where it can??

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
So you folks all want your military to sit around with its finger up its jacksie if there's ever a national disaster, and not be used to help where it can??

Isnt that what the National Guard is for??
Not the military

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Americans are comming...The Americans are comming...

Did I do it right?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
where did these 20,000 troops come from?
how many troops do we have curently stationed in the u.s.?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by Nobama

A few shots are enough to disperse a crowd of thousands, regardless if half of you are armed, a few handguns is no match for a professionally trained army.

Here is my perspective. I live near 3 joint bases and speak with these brave men and women frequently. I believe more than half of that professionally trained army of ours would not dare move on the citizens of the USA. Many of these brave men and women are now out of the military because all the wars they have served in and they do not agree with what is going on in this country. Many still have friends serving that would not dare of thinking of turning on each other.

Remember, these people who served know how to fight just as well as those still serving and these "brothers" are NOT going to shoot at each other over corruption. But thats just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If 20,000 is all you have there, I think it's time to invade

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Pentagon to deploy 20,000 troops for domestic emergencies
(AFP) – Nov 30, 2008
www.google.com...

Pretty sure this is the same story.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

Is this in prep for when the Pay Checks DON'T go out to the Police/Home Guard - MMmmmm

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i ask again..where did these 20,000 troops magicly appear from?
we are talking u.s. troops..right?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

zookey, you will be invaded.

this is kind of old news with the troops? 20,000 is a new number though I believe. Would still be interesting to see more people's reports on these activities and to map them.
edit on 24-7-2011 by ElectricWizard because: lol fu mod

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Pentagon to deploy 20,000 troops for domestic emergencies
(AFP) – Nov 30, 2008
www.google.com...

Pretty sure this is the same story.

yea i think its the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Wanna bet?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Check out this news report. Showing how they are preparing for civil unrest in VA.

www.youtube.com...

And this one showing troops practicing in Swansboro, NC - this was done April 2011.Urban Warfare Training. They are searching peoples vehicles...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by Nobama

A few shots are enough to disperse a crowd of thousands, regardless if half of you are armed, a few handguns is no match for a professionally trained army.

Lol a few pistols? No offense but this the US we are talking about not the UK some will have handguns but most of us will be carrying rifles. And like the misquote goes there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

maybe the foreign troops thet they were training with??
Operation Vigilant Guard??

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this can put united states military officers in a difficult position. do they ignore the constitution of the united states that they swore to defend and kill and suppress american citizens or do they ignore the commander in chief, declare martial law and arrest elected officials.

it could also lead to a civil war of military branches, some loyal to the government and some who feel the united states constitution is in mortal danger.

then there is no way of predicting, if anyone survives, that the military government would step down.

edit on 24-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"large scale terror attacks and/or economic purposes"

it's will be the latter with the first option being false flag attacks

Yesterday Russia Today said that if the debt celling was not raised before the markets in Japan amd China open later sunday night (About now) then exspect the US$ and shares to get a kicking.

The thing is RT pulls no punches and yet today they said nothing so something has made them back off and thats not normal for RT.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
So, um, isn't this against the Constitution? Also, doesn't this pretty much blatantly show that something is very, very wrong?

What is against the Constitution ? having troops deployed at home? I think not especially when you have the war powers enacted so because your country is in a constant state of emergency a lot more can happen without any say from your congress and you individual rights could be trampled in a min.

I beg to disagree, but the Posse Comitatus strictly forbids the deployment and use of the military on American soil unless it is to defend from invasion or enemy attack;

and to all those that kept poo-pooing the reports of extra troop and military, chalking it all up to national guard training, perhaps some re-thinking is in order...

all I can say is i hope everyone has made at least some basic preparations towards food storage and other basics...

seeker

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This stuff has been going on for a while now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join